Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default New mapping for 2013 spyders

Anybody had the new BRP remapping done on there 2013 spyder yet ? If so what do you think ? I am waiting for the fuse box covers to come in to get the whole recall done at once on my RT plus get a laser alignment while it is in the shop.

Spyder Garage

Default How about the unsold ones?

There are probably a few thousand unsold 2013s out there and I am wondering if the new mapping will go into those before they are sold. They may be selling for huge discounts but I wouldn't touch one unless it had been remapped. The jury is still out on how much this will help the heat problems but any significant improvement would no doubt be welcome.

Spyder Garage

Default i am sure

Quote Originally Posted by den1953 View Post
    There are probably a few thousand unsold 2013s out there and I am wondering if the new mapping will go into those before they are sold. They may be selling for huge discounts but I wouldn't touch one unless it had been remapped. The jury is still out on how much this will help the heat problems but any significant improvement would no doubt be welcome.
    b4 bikes go out the door that are hooked up to the computer so i am sure all will have the update but it wouldn't hurt to ask b4 buying one
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by den1953 View Post
    My dealer said they would be updating all unsold inventory before they are sold. I'm currently waiting on the parts to come in to get mine done, oh and better weather to!
    Sold my 14 RTS went back to 2 wheels.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE

Spyder Garage

My parts are in and I have an appointment for next Thursday to get it done. It is a 100mi. ride and I will be filling up next door to the dealer when I get there to calculate gas mileage and do the same when I get home to see if it improves my 25mpg average and report back. Obviously the real test will be 90+deg rides but that ain't happening anytime soon. Est temp next Thursday will be 55 and sunny.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

90+ temps will be the true test. Hope the fix works.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Done

Had 2013rtse5 at dealers for other and they updated the ECM , but need parts for rest. I haven't had heat issues, so I am poor judge, but Snyder did seem to hesitate less at slow speeds, so far.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    My parts are in and I have an appointment for next Thursday to get it done. It is a 100mi. ride and I will be filling up next door to the dealer when I get there to calculate gas mileage and do the same when I get home to see if it improves my 25mpg average and report back. Obviously the real test will be 90+deg rides but that ain't happening anytime soon. Est temp next Thursday will be 55 and sunny.
    Dave
    I'm pulling for ya, Bro!

and...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Just had the service bulletin performed, mapping, ect. ? Is there a reason why my spyder would run so much smoother after this was performed? It was running quite good before, but after this was performed, it is running so much better. They didn't do anything else to it, save perform the bulletin issues.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    Just had the service bulletin performed, mapping, ect. ? Is there a reason why my spyder would run so much smoother after this was performed? It was running quite good before, but after this was performed, it is running so much better. They didn't do anything else to it, save perform the bulletin issues.

Chris
    Assuming that the stock ECM was causing the bike to run too lean, which in turn would cause it to run hot. It would make sense that the new ECM update was modified to make it run richer, which in turn would definitely make it run better. My 2007 VFR had the same issue. Lean from the factory which caused choppy throttle response. The first thing most people did, including myself was to buy a PCIII / PCV to richen it up which resolved those issues.

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Chris
    This is great to hear! I can't wait till the weather permits me to get mine done as I'm so looking forward to a complete year without any headaches or hassles. My dealer currently has my parts on order and as soon as the roads are clear of the white stuff I'm headed over there.
    Sold my 14 RTS went back to 2 wheels.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE

Spyder Garage

Chris
    It seemed to vibrate less on the floorboards during the 100mi. ride home. I got 1mpg better too other than that it will take some time to see if the bog on acceleration after a turn is better. Time will tell.....
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

My mine is great now heat way down and runs great. But wach out when you buy high grade fuel? Why you ask? Weill here it is. Some how some where I put in high great fuel in my tank, the bike start to run like hell. Really like hell, to to my mech, he then called BRP and they walk him thu some trouble shots. Well come to find out. I had water ,mud, a a lot of **** in the fuel. Plugs black, had to put new ones in, then clean the fuel lines purg vale ,throt body's air in jets and all the outher **** that the fuel gose thu. So in turn Mach shure you really buy your high grade fuel for a gas station the sells a lot or you will get this ****y gas like I did. Ok after all the bike run great now and runs the best sense new, will worth the time for ECM up date do it, works great.....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spacetrucker View Post
    My mine is great now heat way down and runs great. But wach out when you buy high grade fuel? Why you ask? Weill here it is. Some how some where I put in high great fuel in my tank, the bike start to run like hell. Really like hell, to to my mech, he then called BRP and they walk him thu some trouble shots. Well come to find out. I had water ,mud, a a lot of **** in the fuel. Plugs black, had to put new ones in, then clean the fuel lines purg vale ,throt body's air in jets and all the outher **** that the fuel gose thu. So in turn Mach shure you really buy your high grade fuel for a gas station the sells a lot or you will get this ****y gas like I did. Ok after all the bike run great now and runs the best sense new, will worth the time for ECM up date do it, works great.....
    Lately I have started using 89 instead of 93 and thinking about it now that is when my MPG started to go up. I do not ride like I am at a drag race but wonder if that is part of the reason for better MPG?

Spyder Garage

Default Quite a difference!

While having them install the Fox shock absorbers, RonBar, heim links and SpyderPops BumpSkid on the STS yesterday,
    the dealer did the ECM software upgrade and replacement of upper belt guard retaining screws under Service Bulletin #2013-9.

I was truly a happy camper on the way home as the ride & handling was so much better with the RonBar and Fox shocks. It was quite a transformation!

Noticed also that the engine ran smoother and pulled harder than usual. The initial response on the throttle was better too. Guess the software
    update "enriched" the fuel to air mixture which would make the engine response better being that it was runnnng on the lean side from the factory. Of course, a "richer mixture" will help make the engine run cooler too. By the way, I always load premium grade fuel.

Last edited by Benggolf; 02-09-2014 at 12:35 AM.

Spyder Garage

Some gas you can try mid or reg but you will see milage drop some you have to try them all out, to find the right grade of fuel.now my 14 I use reg but we have lead free up here in one station, but I will test all the grades 4 tanks each to find the best for me. You cando the same 4 tanks on each, you will no when bike runs bad really bad. But as fo high grade fuel just look and see how much they steel or it's just getting bad in tanks and heat to will come from bad fuel in bike to.run hotter ..good luck looking

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear the mapping is seeming to improve the performance, hopefully when (or if) warmer weather comes we will see an improvement on the heat side as well.

On the gas note you will find some "old" gas even in midgrade if you aren't careful where you purchase your fuel.
    2015 Intense Red Pearl RTS SE6 - Laser Alignment by Precisyon Trac, Tri-Axis handle bars, ? to be determined.

2014 XLR Viper 305V14 Toyhauler (Home)
    2015 Ram 3500HD Crew Cab

Former Spyders
    2010 Blue RT A&C SE5 53K plus miles - never left us stranded!
    2013 Pure Magnesium Metallic ST SE5 11K plus miles - never left us stranded!

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

While my Spyder ST was in shop to repair O2 sensor the dealer did the mapping....picked up Spyder ...rode home ...20 minutes...40 degrees....seemed OK...couldn't find any heat....but my wires to heated seat and clothing were compromised during O2 sensor blowing out....the loom melted and Mark is going to replace with all new wires and just test and check out everything before I really ride the Spyder ...just to be safe

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's a hopeful start ... I wish you nothing but the best of luck!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    That's a hopeful start ... I wish you nothing but the best of luck!
    Thanks Bob! We are really looking forward to being able to make at least 'one' trip with out having to put her bike on a trailer. That would be SPECIAL!!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

ALL of us, (13,00 + strong!), are pulling for a successful conclusion to your problems with this bike!
    Please keep us in the loop...

Spyder Garage

What Bob said
    2015 Intense Red Pearl RTS SE6 - Laser Alignment by Precisyon Trac, Tri-Axis handle bars, ? to be determined.

2014 XLR Viper 305V14 Toyhauler (Home)
    2015 Ram 3500HD Crew Cab

Former Spyders
    2010 Blue RT A&C SE5 53K plus miles - never left us stranded!
    2013 Pure Magnesium Metallic ST SE5 11K plus miles - never left us stranded!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder Smyles's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Could someone please tell me what the BRP Service Number is that addresses the Mapping? I have a 2013 RT-S SE5 which has a lot of heat problems so if this will help I would like to check it out.
    CURRENT: 2015 Yellow RT-S SE6 "Smiling All the Way"
    CB, Satelite Radio, BRP Vented Windshield, BRP Adjustable Handwings, Cup Holder, EZ Pass Holder, Side Saddle Cargo Nets, Smiley Face FLO, Smiley Flower Face Decals, Tri Axel Handlebar's, Corbin Heated Seat, Baker Built Upper/Lower Air Wings, BumpSkid, High Third Brake/Running Light, Brake/Running Light/Turn Signal License Plate, Turn Signals in Mirrors.

PAST: 2013 Yellow RT-S SE5 - Loaded with lots of goodies.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Smyles View Post
    Could someone please tell me what the BRP Service Number is that addresses the Mapping? I have a 2013 RT-S SE5 which has a lot of heat problems so if this will help I would like to check it out.
    http://www.spydertechnician.com/dlfi...C%20Update.pdf

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default New mapping for 2013 spyders

I'm also waiting for the fuse box to finish my update hope my dealer gets the box this week so that I can test it out....