Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Guess that shows, you don't know what you think you know Dave
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    Here is my ride update. First remember my mods I have DEI heat tape on tank and extra BRP insulation around the plastic gas cap & under glovebox area.
    I took 2 roads one north one south. Wind from south. Going north ambient read 82-84 going south 78-79. Speed was 55-65 and 10 min in town.
    Average speed=35mph
    Mileage =71mi.
    Digital coolant temp on road=4bars
    In town =5bars
    temp at stop for refill
    Gas Cap = 105deg
    Spine= 92deg
    Glovebox area=92
    Metal foot peg area L side=110deg
    Metal foot peg area R side=116deg
    Plastic above both foot peg areas 92deg
    All measurements done with 3 minutes after stopping at gas refill

MPG 71mi /2.25gal =31.5mpg. I have never seen much above 25mpg average before ECM update and a lot higher temp measurements. Should be interesting to see what happens when we get to 90deg.
    Fascinating! At what temperature is the Turkey done and how long should we let it rest? Before Carving!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Guess that shows, you don't know what you think you know Dave
    I already knew Cali was getting the update. I was trying to give you and your dealer a chance to save face and admit the bulletin does say

"B - Update ECM with latest software
    Update ECM with latest software to correct the outlined problems.

Note: Updating the software may slightly improve riders comfort from heat in some riding conditions"

Guess you didn't get the hint
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default New mapping for 2013 spyders

I pick my bike yesterday, with the new mapping I notice the RPM is running higher than before, regarding the heat I need to ride when is over 85 to give you a better feedback, but I will be riding Saturday again, will post my feedback after that, have a great and safe weekend......

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Baseball79ST2013 View Post
    I pick my bike yesterday, with the new mapping I notice the RPM is running higher than before, regarding the heat I need to ride when is over 85 to give you a better feedback, but I will be riding Saturday again, will post my feedback after that, have a great and safe weekend......
    Higher idle?

Spyder Garage

I already knew Cali was getting the update. I was trying to give you and your dealer a chance to save face and admit the bulletin does say

"B - Update ECM with latest software
    Update ECM with latest software to correct the outlined problems.

Note: Updating the software may slightly improve riders comfort from heat in ◆some riding conditions"

◆above 42 degress latitude?

Guess you didn't get the hint

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

WOW, been lurking for months, my first post !! Had to do it !!

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Dropped mine off this morning to get the update/fuse block repair done. They didn't seem too happy that they had to remove 2 extra screws from the bump/skid to get the frunk off, at least I told them about the extra screws. They told me warranty don't pay extra to remove stuff, ok... it's 2 screws. I also requested a copy of the BUDS report AFTER the ECM update to make sure it is indeed updated. Will post follow up report later after I pick it up.
    Sold my 14 RTS went back to 2 wheels.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Wheel Addict View Post
    Dropped mine off this morning to get the update/fuse block repair done. They didn't seem too happy that they had to remove 2 extra screws from the bump/skid to get the frunk off, at least I told them about the extra screws. They told me warranty don't pay extra to remove stuff, ok... it's 2 screws. I also requested a copy of the BUDS report AFTER the ECM update to make sure it is indeed updated. Will post follow up report later after I pick it up.
    I ran into the same problem but did not pay extra. The tech had a hard time trying to pull it off with those still in.

Spyder Garage

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by B.B. View Post
    WOW, been lurking for months, my first post !! Had to do it !!

on your first post &

If you hurry you still have a chance to catch up with Denman's post count.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Yes, the idle is a bit higher than before..

Spyder Garage

What are you seeing now?

Spyder Garage

I haven't had that side effect. It has been idling up to ~2k when cold but always drops to 1.3-1.4k as it always has in the past.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Is over 2, prior to the mapping it was under 2..

Spyder Garage

When warm it is idling over 2? In cold weather it will go there on start up but should drop when warm...30sec-1min. That is strange.

Spyder Garage

Hate to say it but that needs to be checked. Shifting into gear at that high of idle speed would not be good for the trans. The ECM update should have nothing to do with the idle so that is weird.... keep us posted on your outcome.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE

Spyder Garage

When warm it is idling over 2? In cold weather it will go there on start up but should drop when warm...30sec-1min. That is strange.
    The specified idle speed on the 2013 and erlier machines is 1350 +/- 50 rpm. If yours is idling at two grand they screwed up when servicing it (knocked loose a vacuum hose?) or the Spyder has a problem they have not discovered. You need to take it back to the dealer. Sorry.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Wheel Addict View Post
    Heres the follow up after picking it up this afternoon, first I got a BUDS report after the ECM update was done and indeed my "BRP assembly number" has changed to 420666636. That is a different number than what was in my last BUDS report and this new number matches the service bulletin, so that great! First thing I noticed is a way smoother idle. Now as far as temps go it was 39 degrees when I went over there and upon arriving I opened the seat to feel the gas cap and frame backbone, both were really warm for the 39 degree temp. After riding home I checked the cap and the backbone again and both were not nearly as warm and the outside temp was 48 degrees. I left my thermal gun at the shop but I will be monitoring the temps when the weather gets better for riding.

Also! I asked the service mgr. why some people have been told that their 13's don't need the ECM update and he told me that they are indeed done by serial number but only checked by logging into BRP through the BUDS system. I asked why the service bulletin states ALL 13's get the update and he said that means ALL need to be checked through BUDS. So that does and does not straighten it out???
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default old rider from Mass

have new 2013 rt still in box waiting for Spring hope all the up-dates are taken care of when I go to drive it away after all this $#@#@! SNOW is gone

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
    have new 2013 rt still in box waiting for Spring hope all the up-dates are taken care of when I go to drive it away after all this $#@#@! SNOW is gone
    Usually on PDIs, one of the steps is hooking the vehicle up to the dealer software to ensure all recalls/service bulletins are taken care of.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture