Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

John,
    Just for grins I looked up the New York Lemon Law. "

A reasonable chance for a manufacturer or its authorized agent to repair a problem for a new car is considered to be:

• Four or more attempts to repair and the problem continues to exist; OR
    • The car is out of service by reason of repair of one or more problems for a cumulative total of 30 days or more.

Also found that it doesn't cover motorcycles (a lot of states don't).

So just because it gave him an issue right off the showroom floor doesn't mean, at least in NY, that the manufacturer is obligated to replace the vehicle until they have failed to remedy the situation over a period of time.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

By any chance; did you check the State of Washington?
    (Where the OP resides...)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default washington state

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Ghost View Post
    John,
    Just for grins I looked up the New York Lemon Law. "

A reasonable chance for a manufacturer or its authorized agent to repair a problem for a new car is considered to be:

• Four or more attempts to repair and the problem continues to exist; OR
    • The car is out of service by reason of repair of one or more problems for a cumulative total of 30 days or more.

Also found that it doesn't cover motorcycles (a lot of states don't).

So just because it gave him an issue right off the showroom floor doesn't mean, at least in NY, that the manufacturer is obligated to replace the vehicle until they have failed to remedy the situation over a period of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    By any chance; did you check the State of Washington?
    (Where the OP resides...)
    http://www.atg.wa.gov/uploadedFiles/...D_06-14-09.pdf
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks, John!
    Glancing briefly at it; the Spyder would be covered...
    The engine displacement exceeds 750cc... motorcycles with smaller engines aren't covered.

Spyder Garage

Default wow

i just realized this post has over 5 thousand views on here, anyone know what has had the most views on this forum
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    i just realized this post has over 5 thousand views on here, anyone know what has had the most views on this forum
    34K - There may be higher.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...archid=3135075

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Default comes back

sorry not found
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Yazz's long trip across the US and up to Alaska was one of the most read threads that I can remember.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    To Alaska and Back--Yazz's trip. 38,404 views

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    You got me on that one.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Hey Joe... I am in construction as well!!! I am a project manager and estimator, and, to fill the cracks I am the company safety director. I don't let it get to me any more but I used to be stressed to the max. It took 42 years to figure that out, lol.....

Ok.. now the good news..... She is back in my garage and all fixed up they say. The Tech finished it up last night and they delivered this afternoon. I have not ridden it so I have to reserve judgment until the weather warms up (nor'easter bowing through so a bit nippy, lol).
    He found a torn O ring that separates the tranny reservoir from the engine reservoir (the new high tech drain plug) and for good measure he replace the entire clutch, clutch cover and the hydraulic actuators (I think that is what he said).

The dealer prepped it again and had it brought to my house in their covered trailer designed for this use (and other of course).

While it may be premature, I sure want to thank BRP, my dealer and Lamont for assistance. Many thanks for all the help in getting my toy back on the road. Also my special thanks to Don and his better half for coming to my rescue and cheering my up :-). My step son also deserves mention as he immediately came to get me with a trailer. (a plug for him as well, he just got his insurance license and he has cut our yearly cost by $400 and increased our coverage well beyond what we had before including a special rider that will cover all the policies incase we exceed any one maximum should the worst happen). If any one wants a quote I can get his info to you and be sure you say my name, he promised me he could do a bit better for friends and family.

Well hopefully this is the end of my adventure and I will be seeing all my good buddies as soon as the weather improves or I get my electric gear hooked up again, which ever comes first lol.

Randy

Spyder Garage

Great to hear. Keep us posted.

2014 RTS SE6 White
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Elka front shocks supplied by Pitbull Power sports.
    Aligned By Squared Away
    Smooth Spyder belt tensioner
    Sprderpops Bump skid
    BRP TRI AXSIS Handle bars
    Luggage rack
    2013 STS SE5 Circuit Yellow. The Jenny Mobile!

Spyder Garage

Default Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post
    Hey Joe... I am in construction as well!!! I am a project manager and estimator, and, to fill the cracks I am the company safety director. I don't let it get to me any more but I used to be stressed to the max. It took 42 years to figure that out, lol.....

Ok.. now the good news..... She is back in my garage and all fixed up they say. The Tech finished it up last night and they delivered this afternoon. I have not ridden it so I have to reserve judgment until the weather warms up (nor'easter bowing through so a bit nippy, lol).
    He found a torn O ring that separates the tranny reservoir from the engine reservoir (the new high tech drain plug) and for good measure he replace the entire clutch, clutch cover and the hydraulic actuators (I think that is what he said).

The dealer prepped it again and had it brought to my house in their covered trailer designed for this use (and other of course).

While it may be premature, I sure want to thank BRP, my dealer and Lamont for assistance. Many thanks for all the help in getting my toy back on the road. Also my special thanks to Don and his better half for coming to my rescue and cheering my up :-). My step son also deserves mention as he immediately came to get me with a trailer. (a plug for him as well, he just got his insurance license and he has cut our yearly cost by $400 and increased our coverage well beyond what we had before including a special rider that will cover all the policies incase we exceed any one maximum should the worst happen). If any one wants a quote I can get his info to you and be sure you say my name, he promised me he could do a bit better for friends and family.

Well hopefully this is the end of my adventure and I will be seeing all my good buddies as soon as the weather improves or I get my electric gear hooked up again, which ever comes first lol.

Randy
    Randy I wish the best of luck. It sounds like your dealer made a really good attempt to make good on your bike. I hope you get lots of good uneventful miles out your 2014.

- Mike
    2019 F3 Unlimited , Oxford Blue Dark Edition

Spyder Garage

Default Issues

I hope the dealers and BRP are reviewing all the issues of late with their New 2014 models. One can only hope they step up to the plate and resolve the issues in a timely manner for all concern. Good luck...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default One question

Why was the O ring torn in brand new spyder?

Spyder Garage

Great, good for you.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Default Insurance rates from your son...VERY GOOD

Randy
    Hi Randy..first awesome the kind of help you got from Lamont, BRP and your dealer ...and yep just saw your temps...brrrrr, but if that is to warm for you come on over to my side of the state. I am 2 right now . Yes, I called your son and he came back with best rate for new Spyder and I gave him info for the rest of my insurance needs...I would sure encourage folks to give him a call and at least let him quote. Be sure and keep us posted when you finally "venture" out with your new cognac (Spyder that is).
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear they got you fixed up. Hope you have lots of enjoyable trouble-free miles on your new bike.

Spyder Garage

Arrow

Vrooom;755441]Why was the O ring torn in brand new spyder?
    While It should not happen. It can and it did. Chock/chalk it up to human error.
    Last edited by Jeriatric; 02-06-2014 at 11:14 AM.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that the, "light at the end of the tunnel", is getting brighter!

Spyder Garage

I am thinking they will let me know what they find out but it may have been a 1 in million thing. I will keep you all posted.

Good news about your insurance Karol :-)

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

I am thinking they will let me know what they find out but it may have been a 1 in million thing. I will keep you all posted.

Good news about your insurance Karol :-)
    I know you would rather have been the 1 in a million lottery winner or something other than the 1 in a million torn gasket guy but I'm happy to hear that they got you fixed up. I guarantee you will love the 2014.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622