Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here's to hoping that all can be made right quickly and completely!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Default We are on our way.

Sorry about your bad experience, we are on our way to pick it up right now.

Spyder Garage

Well my dealer and I just got off the phone and they are sending someone to pick up the bike right away. He was heart sick about it and is jumping right on it. They have always been great to deal with (Life Styles Honda in Mt. Vernon, a sponsor as well). Now that I am safe, dry and warm I am in better spirits and will let things sort themselves out. Thanks again for you support and I will let you know what we find out.

Take care all,

Spyder Garage

Speak of the devil, here they are! Thanks again for jumping right on it Brian and crew :-) Crap happens, what matters is how you wipe your shoes off, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifestyles HondaCanAm View Post
    Sorry about your bad experience, we are on our way to pick it up right now.

Spyder Garage

Arrow

Without doubt this is hitting them just as hard as it hit you. Hang in there.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that they're on it for you!
    Good Luck!

Spyder Garage

Stuff happens. May have been dealer prep error in the oil level check, may be a faulty component in the Spyder. The only thing we can be sure of at this point is that something is wrong and the dealer is stepping up to the plate.

All's well that ends well. May this be the worst of it and you get smooth sailing from here on out.

I'm sure we're all very interested in A) what the problem turns out to be and B) how your dealer handles it.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default i am kinda strange

when it comes to things like this, i would tell the dealer i don't want that bike and for him to get me a new one. it would be a bad omen to me to have the first problem on the way home and to have something fixed when you just took the bike out the door. i am glad the dealer is working with you BUT it would make me uncomfortable owning that bike. don't want to put negative thoughts in your head but it is just the way i am
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    when it comes to things like this, i would tell the dealer i don't want that bike and for him to get me a new one. it would be a bad omen to me to have the first problem on the way home and to have something fixed when you just took the bike out the door. i am glad the dealer is working with you BUT it would make me uncomfortable owning that bike. don't want to put negative thoughts in your head but it is just the way i am

I am happy that the Dealer let everyone know who he is and that he is on top of this, If he checks the bike out and corrects any problem, i would be OK with taking it back home.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Not much to add that has not already been said. Stuff happens. The dealer is doing a good job on getting the problem solved. Keep us posted on the outcome.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Sorry you are having trouble with the 2014. Please keep us posted as to the fix - problem .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Yes, the bike was picked up at 11:00 and is on it's way back to my dealer in a clean full enclosed trailer. I am very happy with the prompt service and I am sure they will do the right thing as far as repairs. I will keep you posted as this moves along.

Thanks again to Don and his wife for coming down in the dark/rain and cold to help me out. He even brought me dry gloves and gave me a flashlight! Contrary to popular opinion he really is a great guy, lol.......

Spyder Garage

Default it's me

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    I am happy that the Dealer let everyone know who he is and that he is on top of this, If he checks the bike out and corrects any problem, i would be OK with taking it back home.

Cruzr Joe
    i JUST HAVE STUPIDSTIIONS
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post
    I am calling as soon as they open today to have them come and get it. I am jinxed it seemed, my 2011 was plagued with problems and even now it still throws all kinds of bogus codes.

Standing in the dark, on the side of the road in the rain I was whipped. It is a busy road and it took all I had to push it up the hill and into the corner gas station. I had back surgery a year ago and my hip needs a replacement so this really killed me but I dodged all the cars that would not even slow down and got it up the slopping drive way and out of harms way. I called a good friend (fellow Spyder Rider) that lives not to far away and he (Don) and his wife came out in the rain to help me out. It was stuck in 2nd gear as well so I figured even if it was low oil it would not start but after 1/2 it did start. I let it idle for 10 minutes and the odd sound went away but just in case my step son came with a trailer and followed me home.

About 1 mile down the road it started to howl and slip again so I pulled over and put the last of the oil in. This seemed to stop the slipping the howl remained but I got it home. Good chance it is an oil issue, no oil light came on and it is working during start up but as it has been said, it may be down enough to effect the tranny. My concern is how much damage would be done during a 41 mile ride.

If I understand correctly I have 72hrs to reject a deal in WA state so how they respond will decide the fate of the "orange beast" as my wife called it last night, lol...

So....my favorite song comes to mind: I'm not afraid of dying and I don't really care, if peace you find in dying then let the time be near" lol Adios Amegos
    THOSE LYRICES CAME FROM BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS! HOW APPROPRIATE. SOUNDS LIKE YOU MIGHT HAVE EXPERIENCED ALL THREE THAT NIGHT. GOOD LUCK WITH THE OUTCOME. KEEP US POSTED!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    THOSE LYRICES CAME FROM BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS! HOW APPROPRIATE. SOUNDS LIKE YOU MIGHT HAVE EXPERIENCED ALL THREE THAT NIGHT. GOOD LUCK WITH THE OUTCOME. KEEP US POSTED!!!

You got it!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post

And When I Die" was written by Laura Nyro. This was one of the first songs written by Laura Nyro, who was 17 when she wrote it. The song was first recorded by Peter, Paul and Mary in 1966. Nyro included it on her first album in 1967 - More Than A New Discovery. Blood, Sweat & Tears covered it in 1969, and their version was the hit.
    Last edited by Magdave; 01-31-2014 at 04:34 PM.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Default well

ANY WORD YET, how long do you think they will keep the bike
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post

And When I Die" was written by Laura Nyro. This was one of the first songs written by Laura Nyro, who was 17 when she wrote it. The song was first recorded by Peter, Paul and Mary in 1966. Nyro included it on her first album in 1967 - More Than A New Discovery. Blood, Sweat & Tears covered it in 1969, and their version was the hit.
    Yup!
    But it's a little bit like this one...

Everybody will argue that it's a Rod Stewart song; it isn't!
    It was released by Jeff Beck...

One heckuva a GREAT guitarist!

Who makes the song popular will be best-known for it... and finding out the ultimate truth behind that; can be "interesting"...

Spyder Garage

Seldom does a song go down in history as not only one of the best popular songs ever written, but as a song that is so universal in composition and message that it can be effectively covered by almost anyone. But that’s the case with “People Get Ready,” recorded in 1965 by The Impressions and written by the group’s lead singer, Curtis Mayfield. Nearly half a century later the song continues to be recorded and performed by a variety of acts in several genres.
    “People Get Ready” is a song about boarding a train for the Christian afterlife without ever actually mentioning the names God or Jesus, and feels like a song that wasn’t intentionally crafted, but was composed during a period of inspiration. From the album of the same name, “People Get Ready” was released during a time of civil unrest in America, when the country was in turmoil over race relations and the Vietnam War just as Mayfield was beginning to infuse his work with social commentary.

Last edited by Magdave; 01-31-2014 at 07:14 PM.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

The generic OBD translation for P083e has to do with the transmission fluid pressure sensor. So sorry to hear about this major problem. I can understand why you would look into backing out of the deal. Nobody wants to start this way. You deserve better.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post
    I am jinxed it seemed, my 2011 was plagued with problems and even now it still throws all kinds of bogus codes.
    I remember your thread regarding the 2011 issues. Unbelievable that this is happening to you again. At least your dealer is on top of it and beyond a doubt, this will be fixed with no expense to you. I think the worst is behind you. Get it fixed and get riding.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    It sounds as if the dealer needs to be jacked-up a bit.
    Their pre-delivery checklist has some holes in it...
    Baja Ron Anti-sway bar
    Spyder Pop's skid plate

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Bob Denman;752757]Yup!
    But it's a little bit like this one...

Everybody will argue that it's a Rod Stewart song; it isn't!
    It was released by Jeff Beck...

One heckuva a GREAT guitarist!

Who makes the song popular will be best-known for it... and finding out the ultimate truth behind that; can be "interesting"... [/QUO
    Curtis Mayfield
    Last edited by Highwayman2013; 02-01-2014 at 05:41 AM.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Sorry for your bad luck

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Sorry for your bad luck