Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default New 2014 lasted 35 miles

Picked up my new bike today. On my way home the tranny started to slip then she died stranding me on the side of the road, in the dark, in the rain. My friends came to my rescue and we added oil. Finally got it running but it still slipped an made a howling noise. It through code po83e. Oh lucky me

Spyder Garage

Default Sorry to hear

Make sure to check the oil level when the engine is in running temperature.

If oil is low the transmission can give you those signs.

I hope it can be fixed promptly.
    This message was sent between rides

Spyder Garage

Angry bumer man

hope you get it figured out, 2014....man that's just not right BRP gremlins at work
    '' RIDE -WINE - DINE LIKE ITS YOUR LAST DAY- SO MAKE IT COUNT DAILY''
    2013 ram 1500 RT HEMI 405 Hp
    2012 spyder RT + cat-bypass, mod muffler, PCV + auto tune, HID headlight n foggers, seal floorboards, LED's every where, supercharged ..not!
    2012 Fiat c500 conv.

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer..!!

haven't got that code handy..may be new for this year. Oil can cause tranny problems but you said you added oil and got her going again. Sadly looks like it need to go back and be set up properly...hope it is a simple fix and nothing major was damaged..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Arrow

Darn! Feel for ya man. Heck of a thing to have happen. Major oil leak? Failed to check oil during set up? Can't even imagine how disappointed you must be.

Did it have any post set up mileage on it?

So sorry

Keep us posted.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Default wow

that really sucks, hope it is a minor issue
    Last edited by cuznjohn; 01-31-2014 at 04:25 AM.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Default sure

are you sure that is the code because i can't find it either
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default Sorry to hear this!!

Wow, that's a bummer.....

Anyways, wishing you the best and hope things work out for you. Too bad this happened to you...

Please give us an update once you're back on the road with your Spyder......thanks.
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It sounds as if the dealer needs to be jacked-up a bit.
    Their pre-delivery checklist has some holes in it...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

, back to the dealer PRONTO

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

WHAT check list? It seems that there are a few dealers out there that are lucky to get them out the door with the front wheels on them .
    Let me say that I am NOT against dealers, there are some very good ones out there including mine. It just seems that a few are just a few fries short of a happy meal!
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

WOW sorry to hear this. I hope you get it all straighten out. Must of been a real nightmare and pissed you off. In the dark in the rain what a BUMMER.

Spyder Garage

When I got mine home, I checked the oil. It was a half qt low.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 01-31-2014 at 11:40 AM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Sorry

....you mean it rained....in Washington? That sucks! Seriously I hope it is a simple as the dealer didn't fill the oil properly....but if it is....NEW DEALER time!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default dealer

i would have the dealer come and pick the bike up because you never know if you could do damage riding it there
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

I am calling as soon as they open today to have them come and get it. I am jinxed it seemed, my 2011 was plagued with problems and even now it still throws all kinds of bogus codes.

Standing in the dark, on the side of the road in the rain I was whipped. It is a busy road and it took all I had to push it up the hill and into the corner gas station. I had back surgery a year ago and my hip needs a replacement so this really killed me but I dodged all the cars that would not even slow down and got it up the slopping drive way and out of harms way. I called a good friend (fellow Spyder Rider) that lives not to far away and he (Don) and his wife came out in the rain to help me out. It was stuck in 2nd gear as well so I figured even if it was low oil it would not start but after 1/2 it did start. I let it idle for 10 minutes and the odd sound went away but just in case my step son came with a trailer and followed me home.

About 1 mile down the road it started to howl and slip again so I pulled over and put the last of the oil in. This seemed to stop the slipping the howl remained but I got it home. Good chance it is an oil issue, no oil light came on and it is working during start up but as it has been said, it may be down enough to effect the tranny. My concern is how much damage would be done during a 41 mile ride.

If I understand correctly I have 72hrs to reject a deal in WA state so how they respond will decide the fate of the "orange beast" as my wife called it last night, lol...

So....my favorite song comes to mind: I'm not afraid of dying and I don't really care, if peace you find in dying then let the time be near" lol Adios Amegos

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool Buyer Disappointment

The real kicks in the chops is while it's broken within the first 24 hours of delivery. His faith in the product is badly shaken up to the point of not being able to say " it's fantastic!" If anything it serves to make him super aware of anything not termed as normal feeling, sounding or looking. The selling dealer just lost a valuable asset called a satisfied buyer too.

The rule of ten will prevail in a situation like this! One tells one who in turn tells ten who in turn tell ten who repeat it to ten more and you got this giant snowball rolling down hill at you!

It's a sorry deal for everyone involved and it's to late to stop the snowball now!!!

Lemon Law fodder?

Spyder Garage

I am really sorry to hear this and I've pasted this post along to someone who could help and was told they are on it. Part of the PDI is checking the oil level so I guess this may have been missed or maybe your unit was one of the ones that had a leak. Either way I feel bad for you and I hope this gets resolved quickly.

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone for you support. My dealer always treats me fair so it is for this reason I am reserving my response until I have spoken with them.

To answer the question about the precheck, no, about 2/10ths of a mile. In their favor they thought they were doing me a favor, they got the box around 10 am and had waiting for me at 4:30.

Hopefully it gets better for power as well, I was not impressed overall. Yes it pulls better but I tried accelerating in 5th on the freeway at 60 mph, it went about the same way my 2011 was. And of course it was pouring most of the way so I could not safely try it out. The head lights suck so in the dark, in the rain and soaked to the skin wearing my rainproof coat.... uh huh, rain proof, lol, it was a real challenge staying between the lines.

Thanks for stepping in Lamont, I appreciate your help and I will keep you all posted.
    Last edited by bluestratos; 01-31-2014 at 10:51 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default code

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I am really sorry to hear this and I've pasted this post along to someone who could help and was told they are on it. Part of the PDI is checking the oil level so I guess this may have been missed or maybe your unit was one of the ones that had a leak. Either way I feel bad for you and I hope this gets resolved quickly.
    lamont did you ever hear of the code his bike showed and happy birthday buddy
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

I may have not read the code right, it was in the rain and very dark and my eyes are going due to diabetes so small print is hard at the best of times, it definitely was PO8 but could not write it down in the wet. I am sure it is stored in the ecm but it cleared out when I got home.

Spyder Garage

Default yup

i am diabetic also i feel for you. and after two bikes with problems i would be just disgusted
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Glad you made it home safe and had plenty of help.