Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Headlight & Fog Light connectors

Anyone know off hand what the connectors are for the head and fog lights on the 2013 RT? I'm referring to the connectors that connect to the light units, not to the bulbs. I'm guessing the headlight ones are 4 or 6 pin Deutsch and the fog light ones are 4 pin Deutsch. I'm adding Led fog lights from Superbright LEDs and a headlight modulator and am trying to avoid cutting into the factory harness. I want to make a short custom connector harness to fit with the current connectors but need to know the exact connector model to order the right ones.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

The turn signals turned out to be TE (Tyco Electronics) AMP Superseal. I wouldn't be surprised if the headlights and foglights weren't the same.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Let us know what you find or post a picture(s) of the connector and I can research it for you.

Thanks

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I thought I had thread subscribe turned on but I guess not as I just now saw these answers.

I found the answer after taking off the Tupperware, lights, frunk, and about everything else! As Nancystoy said they are TE Connectivity/AMP Superseal, series 1.5. The fog lights are 3 pin and the headlights are 5 pin. Those connectors are pretty easy to install, even crimping them in home shop manner and not like the factory crimps. Newark Electronics is a good place to buy them.

I've got the modulator wired in. Was going to take pics of the harness I created but forgot about it until after I had the headlights back in! Took some doing, one mod to factory wiring, and creating a solid state switch for the horn wire input, but I got the Signal Dynamics modulator functioning completely as intended. If anyone wants the info I can clean up my schematic and post it, and describe how I did it.

Now, all I have to do is get the Superbright LED fog lights installed and the trailer wiring finished. I'm using the factory Y harness and a Goldwing trailer isolator plus adding auxiliary power to the trailer. I'll have a 6 pole connector and amber LED turn signals on the trailer. If you have a five wire trailer light set up you can power it from the bike. You don't have to give up the amber turn signals. The Superbright LED strips I put on for high mount brake light and turn signals are going to work good, looks like.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)