Thread: Question?????

Spyder Garage

Unhappy Question?????

Anyone else having this problem? I have a 2013 rts with a front right tire which is cupped and therefore out of round. I have documented paperwork from central florida powersports in kissimmee florida, showing I first complained of the issue at 200 miles. Several other visits to cfps in regard to the problem are also documented. I had a laser alignment done to cure the problem to no avail also. BRP has refused to replace the tire, stating warranty time frame and mileage. I called BRP personally and even with the documented service visits starting at 200 miles, they refused to replace the tire and when I told them I was going to address the issue online, they said,"Go ahead, we don't care." This is my second Spyder and I am appalled.
    Wheeler~ Spyder rydin' tyre syde down!

2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    [CENTER]Respect is common ground we all can share![CENTER]

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer..!!

seems to me that your dealer dropped the ball on this one. This should have been solved at the first sign. Continuing on makes it seem like it was not a problem. Sorry to hear that neither one will help out...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

If two hundred miles on a tire is not a warranty issue--then I am curious to know how new the tire has to be.

I believe I read somewhere that tires are not even considered "broken in" until they have about 350 miles on them.

Your quote from BRP personnel "Go ahead, we don't care" sounds bad. For customer care people, I think they may need some additional training. Was that exactly how it was told to you, or did you paraphrase?

Last edited by ARtraveler; 01-28-2014 at 05:28 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default shame

they figure they will just get you fed up and you will buy a new tire. you might have ti just buy one or contact the tire mfg. and complain
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

A service tech at the dealership said he was informed by BRP they are aware they are poor quality tires.....are they still using the same manufacturer? I don't get it!
    Wheeler~ Spyder rydin' tyre syde down!

2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    [CENTER]Respect is common ground we all can share![CENTER]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Since you have documentation; I would suggest NOT letting this matter drop...
    Good Luck; Please let us know what happens next!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Don't buy another OEM tire you can find good car tires online

Spyder Garage

RE: tires and quality. If I remember, some people said they were getting 6,000 to 7,000 miles on some of the 2013 front tires. I know this is typical for a motorcycle, but IMO, not good for the since we are used to 18,000 + on most sets. I have had mileage up to 23,000 on mine. If I find they are going to pot at 6,000 miles or so--I will be done with OEM tires--regardless of what my dealer says.

I will have nothing to do with having to put two sets of tires on per season.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

For now the dealer needs to forget about the tire warranty, and get to the root of the cuppping problem. Irregular tire wear on just one side is always a warning sign of problems...usually damaged or faulty suspension components. If you have one of the 2013s with the tight ball joints, that would be a good place to start looking. Next would be if you have one of the ones with the weak shocks. From there it is ball joint loosness, A-arm damage, tie-rod looseness, A-arm bushing problems, bent components, etc. There has to be a reason, although it may be hard to find. Could even be a wheel that is damaged, has runout, or is out of round. It could be just the tire, but that doesn't happen often.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Agree

With Scotty, the real problem here is what is causing the problem with the Tire. Fight the battle you need to win, and that could cost you a lot of money. If you end up buying a tire, that will be nothing compared to what issues may be causing the uneven wear.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.