Thread: Arrrrrgh!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Angry Arrrrrgh!

Stopped by Mountain Motor Sports - Conyers. Took new 2014 (RTS, SE6, Cognac) for a spin.

Hmmm...NICE sound, NICE pickup, NICE cornering, NICE shift (no clunks). And I have yet to get one up to hiway speeds and check out the 6th gear cruise. This is the way they should have built them from ground zero (thank you BRP for listening to your consumers). Love this machine! Arrrrrgh, now trying to justify NOT upgrading. This is not good. I just retired and am looking at way to spend more money.

If you haven't tried one, you owe it to yourself to do so.

BAD NEWS. Still to check with my XENON depot HDs and Lamonster NBVs are transferable.

Damn, damn and triple damn!
    Last edited by Yol Bolsun; 01-27-2014 at 02:51 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yol Bolsun View Post
    Stopped by Mountain Motor Sports - Conyers. Took new 2014 (RTS, SE6, Cognac) for a spin.

Hmmm...NICE sound, NICE pickup, NICE cornering, NICE shift (no clunks). And I have yet to get one up to hiway speeds and check out the 6th gear cruise. This is the way they should have built them from ground zero (thank you BRP for listening to your consumers). Love this machine! Arrrrrgh, now trying to justify NOT upgrading. This is not good. I just retired and am looking at way to spend more money.

BAD NEWS. My Ultimate Tall Boy Seat is non-transferable. Still to check with my XENON depot HDs and Lamonster NBVs.

Mel likes your present Spyder so just give it to her and take the plunge on the '14 for you. It's only money... you can find something to cut back on in order to afford the new one.

Don't see you guys registered for SpyderFest.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

1) Re: Spyderfest, our big vacation this year will be Disney World with family and friends.

2) Mel does NOT want her own RT. ST, that is another flavor. But...will only have one Spyder.

Spyder Garage

Mine has been ordered the usual way. No test drive, no looks, no sits, other people made me do it. Just waiting for it to arrive in the great North.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default First mistake...!!

test ryding. You know they say it is all in the test ryde..if you don't want to change don't test ryde...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Mine has been ordered the usual way. No test drive, no looks, no sits, other people made me do it. Just waiting for it to arrive in the great North.
    You will love it. Should be there about 'break-up'. Course, it has been warmer up there than down here last week.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    test ryding. You know they say it is all in the test ryde..if you don't want to change don't test ryde...
    As the song goes, Where were you when I needed you?

Spyder Garage

Its only money, he he. Can't take it with you!! Enjoying your retirement on a new Spyder sounds like a more enjoyable retirement. Lol.

Spyder Garage

BAD NEWS. Still to check with my XENON depot HDs and Lamonster NBVs are transferable.

NBV's are transferable, don't know about the Xenons.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I'm sure the 2014 would be nice. I would have to get the middle model as that's the one offered in any kind of yellow. But since I've got new tire on my 2010 and it's paid for, I'm sticking with it for now.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

to you and to all 2014 owners.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

Yol,Sofia and I have been riding a demo for 2wks now and can tell you it's wonderful on the highway,and though town ,in the driveway anywhere you ryde it,you will love it.
    2015 RT White,Tj's Dash mount,Rivco's Duel Flag Holder,SealsFloorBoards(Pups),Custom Dynamics fender lights(R/W)Bajaron's Swaybar & links,Lamonster's LED headlights,lidlox.Wiredux A-arm driving lights(upper&lower)FOBO TPMS system,Spyerpops lighted bumpskid,Foom handgrips.
    tobor9@me.com

Spyder Garage

I would not rush in to buy a 2014 RT. Look at the 2013 ST & RT problems, I would wait till more people buy the 2014 models and test them.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGA View Post
    I would not rush in to buy a 2014 RT. Look at the 2013 ST & RT problems, I would wait till more people buy the 2014 models and test them.

Mike

I will enjoy testing mine for you!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I will enjoy testing mine for you!!
    Thank You and keep up the work.

Mike

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Isn't the way our luck runs? It never seems to end, does it?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGA View Post
    Thank You and keep up the work.

Mike
    No testing today, make the snow go away!!!!

Spyder Garage

You were only sposed to tell me what you thought of it mate, got a bunch more in Tuesday so different colors too

Spyder Garage

Well, if anyone wants to take one for a spin, come see me at Mountain Motorsports in Conyers. I work there