Spyder Garage

Default Looking for trailer parking

We live in central Illinois and are planning on trailering our Spyder to the Gulf Coast area around Mobile, Alabama and riding on to Key West. I am watching for warmer temperatures hoping to make the trip some time during the last 2 weeks of February. I am looking for a place to park the truck and 16' enclosed trailer during our 2 week trip to Florida. I am wondering if anyone has done this before and can offer any parking solutions?

Spyder Garage

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer Parking

Look for storage lots in the area you want to leave from. I did this last year during Spyderfest. I explained to them that I'd only need space for the four days, but that I'd pay for a full month. Paid $30 for a one month storage fee for my trailer and put my Spyder in its trailer every night and left the truck there with it during the day.
    "....never joke with mules or cooks...they have no sense of humor."

Spyder Garage

You are welcome to park it at my house, BUT I live near Baton Rouge. I think I am about 2.5 hours from Mobile. I might be able to find someone who lives closer.

Gene

Spyder Garage

We have a truck and trailer and have left ours at motels several times. No charge. Just check with management before or upon arrival. We'll travel to the area where we are going to drop and ride, stay at the motel the first night, two, or three doing day trips until we've ridden that area. Nice to put the bikes in the trailer at night after cleaning them up for the next day . Also nice to leave your helmets, jackets (which we hang on hooks) boots and other gear in the trailer instead of dragging it all in the room. I found suit/coat protectors at Walmart for about $3. each. They are clear on the side that zips so you can see who's jacket is in it. The other side is white and breathable, there is an extra piece on the side so there's room for more than one light jacket. Length is 39", so they don't touch the floor. We leave them hanging while traveling, so far they haven't ended up on the floor . Note - we've left the truck/trailer for up to ten days. Have found that moving the whole setup after riding an area is nice - that way if there is a rain day we can just jump in the truck - I don't enjoy riding in the rain - prefer cage comfort then . Spoiled
    Last edited by SpyderDeb; 01-27-2014 at 02:39 PM.
    HAPPY SPYDER OWNER
    BRP 1" riser, Trunk liner & Fog Lights. NMN Triple Play & Turn Signal LED, Double Play, Front Fender Tips Kit, Mudflap Light Kit, Center Tail Light. 3" Handlebar Riser Kit, Adj. Footrest Brackets & Axle Caps, and Chad Windshield. Kuryakyn Spider pegs & mounts, ISO Grips, & Throttle Boss. J&M radio (Custom Bracket). Evoluzione Power Bus. DEI Exhaust Wrap. AudioVox Cruise Control (Custom Bracket). Gerbing Electric clothing socket.

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Thanks to all of you for your quick response and good suggestions. This site is the best.