Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default tric LED full size brake pedal

Stephen Allan's full Size Brake pedal was ordered on 01/18, and was delivered on 01/24. Great service! It included the necessary instructions and it installed in minutes, and answers the serious issue of having to "hunt" for the little , OEM brake pedal on a quick stop. Kudos to Steve.

Spyder Garage

I have the full size pedal on both 's and would not be without them. A great accessory.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's an addition that goes on the bike; authorized, or not!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Stephen Allan'd TRIC Full Size Break Pedal

Quote Originally Posted by CapNCrunch View Post
    Stephen Allan's full Size Brake pedal was ordered on 01/18, and was delivered on 01/24. Great service! It included the necessary instructions and it installed in minutes, and answers the serious issue of having to "hunt" for the little , OEM brake pedal on a quick stop. Kudos to Steve.
    This really caught my attention,who?what? where? can I find out some more info about this brake pedal? Sounds just like what I'm looking for.......

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

http://tricplate.com/

It's in here...
    Here's a comparison of the OEM, and their brake pedalsBrake Pedal Comparison.jpg...

Spyder Garage

Default Same day delivery..!!

but only cause made a couple and put one on the brake and one on the park brake (RS model)

20140126_153111.jpg brake 20140126_153126.jpg park brake..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    http://tricplate.com/

It's in here...
    Here's a comparison of the OEM, and their brake pedalsBrake Pedal Comparison.jpg...
    Thanks for the pics & link Bob!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

I have one on my 2014 and it makes a world of difference.

Safety item, not a farkle. (this is for Bob Denman so he can tell his wife it must be true because he seen it on the internet.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks, Joe!!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) BigLegMac's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default brake pedal for 2014 RTS

Cruzr Joe can you pm me and tell me which brake pedal you purchased from tricled because it says its not compatible to 2013s with the floor boards.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BigLegMac View Post
    Cruzr Joe can you pm me and tell me which brake pedal you purchased from tricled because it says its not compatible to 2013s with the floor boards.
    i am putting this up here for everyone to see, i bought the brake pedal when i had a 2012, so that warning was not up there, on my 12 and 13 RT's i used the seal pup floorboards and the brake pedal had an aluminum spacer to raise it up. on my 14 i put it on with the spacer but it raised the pedal way too high, so i removed the spacer and it works fine, and so far i have had no trouble with it. BUT, now that i know that there is a warning on it I will take a closer look at it to see if I can find any potential problems.

Anyone else out there care to chime in??? Always looking for good information.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I am guessing when an emergency stop, it could hinder the petal from going all the way down, due to it sticking out further and hitting the floorboard??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I am guessing when an emergency stop, it could hinder the petal from going all the way down, due to it sticking out further and hitting the floorboard??

I will take a better look today when I get home from work.

Cruzr Joe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That would be my guess...

Spyder Garage

On the stock floorboards, don't they snap down in a emergency stop situation?
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Guy View Post
    Good Question, anybody know??

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Good Question, anybody know??

Cruzr Joe
    They do, but if the brake pedal is still on top of those (with the larger pedal), it will still not travel as far down as the stock (I assume).

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Guy View Post

The owner's manual says it does.

Spyder Garage

My mention of the extended brake pedal is on a 2010 and 2011 RT. I have seal floorboards on mine. To avoid bottoming out on the boards with the use of the extender, I added a "riser" under the extended pedal. Seal has supplied these with his floorboard kits.

I know that the set up is different on the new 2014's with their factory floorboards. Anyone using an extender for the brake pedal will have to give us some beta tester knowledge. At least, its not a really expensive issue. I read that it is more of a reach with the 2014's to get to the brake pedal than we are accustomed to, so once again, a riser might not be a good idea in this case.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red