Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bulletin 2013-9

Spyder Garage

Default Bulletin 2013-9

Has anyone herd about this latest warranty recall for all 2013 spyder models
    2017 F3-S , circuit yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Old news if you haven't had it done see your dealer. They will wrap your canister and MC and also install a heat shield.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    Old news if you haven't had it done see your dealer. They will wrap your canister and MC and also install a heat shield.
    hey this was just issued Jan. 23, 2014, the one your talking about was 2013-8
    Last edited by Doug; 01-24-2014 at 05:07 PM.

Spyder Garage

It showed that number in the search only one showing is
    Service Bulletin No.: SB-420220413
    Component(s): EQUIPMENT ADAPTIVE
    NHTSA ID Number: 10053963

All Products Associated with this Service Bulletin

Vehicle MakeModelModel Year(s)

• CAN-AMSPYDER2013

Details

0 Associated Documents

Manufacturer: Bombardier Recreational Products Inc.

SUMMARY:

BRP: ON SOME MOTORCYCLES, THE WATER PUMP MECHANICAL SEAL HAS FAILED AND CAUSED A LEAKAGE FROM LINE WEEP HOLE (OIL OR COOLANT). MODEL SPYDER. NO MODEL YEAR. *PE
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

This was posted on Spyder techs web site.

Service Bulletin #2013-9 for all 2013 Spyders! Service Bulletin #2013-9 for all 2013 Spyders!

There is a newly released bulletin for all 2013 Spyders. It's a three part Bulletin: 1) Resealing of the Front Fuse Boxes and new Fuse Box Covers. 2) ECM Software Update. 3) Replacement of Upper Belt Guard retaining screws on RS & ST models.

I've installed the ECM Software on a unit this morning... What a difference this makes!

We have the Fuse Box Covers, Guard Screws and related parts on order and should see them next week. Based on where they are coming from, we should see them around 1/30/14 ~ 1/31/14. So make sure you make an appointment with Chris Malone @ (360) 636-1220 to get this awesome update performed on your (2013 Only!) Spyder.

Roadster Warranty Bulletin 2013-9
    Proud Owner of a 2017 f3t

Spyder Garage

Has something to do with the following: A - seal the front fuse boxes
    B - update ECM software
    C - replace upper belt guard retaining screws

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What changed with the software update?

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Here is the Bulletin

PROBLEM
    A - Seal the front fuse boxes
    Water may infiltrate either of the front fuse boxes.
    The source of the infiltration may be:
    1. The fuse box cover.
    2. The bus-bar connection behind fuse box
    3. Any of the wire splices behind fuse box.
    B - Update ECM software
    Code P1614 may be triggered and cause a limp
    home mode when starting the engine.
    The indicator lamp andmessage HI TEMP may appear
    at engine startup, even if unit is at normal operating
    temperature.
    Engine heat felt by the driver may be uncomfortable.
    C - Replace upper belt guard retaining screws
    Retaining screws may not secure the belt guard
    properly.
    SOLUTION
    A - Seal the front fuse boxes
    1. Replace the fuse box covers.
    2. Apply liquid tape around base of bus-bar.
    3. Apply liquid tape into and around all splices behind
    fuse boxes.
    B - Update ECM with latest software
    Update ECM with latest software to correct the
    outlined problems.
    NOTE:
    Updating the software may slightly improve
    riders comfort from heat in some riding
    conditions. The portion of the update that addresses
    uncomfortable heat felt by the driver is
    applicable to non-CARB vehicles only.
    C - Replace upper belt guard retaining screws
    The new screws will properly secure the belt
    guard.
    Printed in

Spyder Garage

Click on link to read full bulletin

http://www.spydertechnician.com/dlfi...C%20Update.pdf

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sounds like they may have finally made a tuning adjustment.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But, you peeps in CARB compliant states get hosed as usual.....thank you Cali.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mowerman View Post

I've installed the ECM Software on a unit this morning... What a difference this makes!

Roadster Warranty Bulletin 2013-9
    Wow looks like an all day job pulling the frunk and all Wonder if this is the fix they have been working on?

Tell us more what difference did it make? I had the P1614 early on but it quit after 500mi.
    Last edited by Magdave; 01-24-2014 at 07:26 PM.

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Read that bulletin and this appears to be good news and a step in the right direction for helping us with heat problem. Wonder what this actually changes to help with the heat?? Maybe BRP will let somebody know.

This is a "campaign" so all those involved should be notified!
    Last edited by 3 Wheel Addict; 01-24-2014 at 08:01 PM.
    Sold my 14 RTS went back to 2 wheels.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Thanks, Doug! I have been looking for that.

Spyder Garage

Just received a reply from spyder tech. About the bulletin

This is what he said.

"Makes them run cooler and eliminates the takeoff stumble some have experienced..."

I sure hope this is the answer we have been waiting for.

Spyder Garage

How will we be notified about this bulletin? Do our dealers let us know or do we get a letter from BRP?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mowerman View Post
    Just received a reply from spyder tech. About the bulletin

This is what he said.

"Makes them run cooler and eliminates the takeoff stumble some have experienced..."

I sure hope this is the answer we have been waiting for.
    Yep I have noticed the "stumble" from time to time. I thought it was the nature of the beast.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RBS66 View Post
    How will we be notified about this bulletin? Do our dealers let us know or do we get a letter from BRP?
    This is not a recall, it is a servce bulletin, or more correctly a warranty bulletin. It notifies the dealer of corrections to be made to address a warranty related problem or failure. Sometimes these are address by the technician automatically when you have the Spyder serviced, and BUDS notifies him that there is an outstanding update. At other times these would be addressed only if the owner notified the dealer that he or she was having those specified problems. In this case, I suspect you will find it is the former...but having the work performed will depend on your having your Spyder serviced, or setting up an appointmnet to have the service bulletin work done. Contact your dealer for further information on how to proceed.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    This is not a recall, it is a servce bulletin, or more correctly a warranty bulletin. It notifies the dealer of corrections to be made to address a warranty related problem or failure. Sometimes these are address by the technician automatically when you have the Spyder serviced, and BUDS notifies him that there is an outstanding update. At other times these would be addressed only if the owner notified the dealer that he or she was having those specified problems. In this case, I suspect you will find it is the former...but having the work performed will depend on your having your Spyder serviced, or setting up an appointmnet to have the service bulletin work done. Contact your dealer for further information on how to proceed.
    Thank you

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    I have a copy of it and it clearly states at the top "warranty campaign - all involved customers must be notified, all involved units must be corrected as per instructions herein" I think that means at the very least your dealer should be contacting you if not a letter from BRP, at least that how I read it..... don't a campaign fix all unit across the board? It even states that dealers are to fix all unsold inventory as well.
    Sold my 14 RTS went back to 2 wheels.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE

Spyder Garage

Yes, we just installed in the 2013 rts and boy did make a big diff, runs lot better heat down and now jousts runs like a 998 ...get it done soon you will not be disappointed at all. Love so far 450 miles on bike now still runs great...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Wheel Addict View Post
    I have a copy of it and it clearly states at the top "warranty campaign - all involved customers must be notified, all involved units must be corrected as per instructions herein" I think that means at the very least your dealer should be contacting you if not a letter from BRP, at least that how I read it..... don't a campaign fix all unit across the board? It even states that dealers are to fix all unsold inventory as well.
    You will not get a letter from BRP except for safety recalls, in most cases. Dealers have interpreted these campaign bulletins in different ways, with some phoning customers, but some "notifying" them when they come in for service. If you want it to be addressed it would be best for you to make the contact. The early bird gets the worm.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

If it weren't 20deg I would be doing it tomorrow. I hope this is the solution to my heat and lousy MPG issues. First day I see the forecast above 50deg I will be taking an 87mi. ride. I am happy to see this. I will wait till it really warms up to get the fuse boxes fixed since it has only seen rain 1 time and I can spend the day in Charleston with my wife after she follows me down.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    If it weren't 20deg I would be doing it tomorrow. I hope this is the solution to my heat and lousy MPG issues. First day I see the forecast above 50deg I will be taking an 87mi. ride. I am happy to see this. I will wait till it really warms up to get the fuse boxes fixed since it has only seen rain 1 time and I can spend the day in Charleston with my wife after she follows me down.
    Come on. You're going to drive 87 miles and ask your dealer to do only part of the work on the bulletin that only takes 1.4 hours in total. Really!!!

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    But, you peeps in CARB compliant states get hosed as usual.....thank you Cali.
    Wait... I never knew there was a difference. So you mean that because I bought my Spyder in Cali, it's a CARB vehicle and this new update won't fix anything?

Is there any way to convert it to a non-CARB Spyder?