Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default 16th Annual Auburn Teddy Bear Run, February 9, 2014

Been doing this ride for 6 of the 16 years, and looking for other PacNW Spyderlovers to join in. All you need to do is bring a new, unused Teddy Bear to donate. Donations are for the children under care at Auburn Regional Hospital.

When: Sunday, February 9, 2014, Group Ride Leaves at about 12:30PM. I try to be there around 11AM.
    Starting Location: SK Alano Club, 1317 Harvey Road, Auburn, WA 98001. Parking area is BEHIND The World Gym.
    Ending Location: Auburn Regional Hospital, 202 N. Division Street, Auburn, WA

The ride is about 8 miles, with the Auburn PD controlling traffic at intersections. Once we arrive at the destination and you drop off your teddy bear, the hospital staff treats all riders to a great hamburger/hot dog lunch. Seattle Cossacks will also perform.

Please post a reply, or call/text me at 206-941-9844 if you are interested in going. We could meet up at a local restaurant for breakfast and collect at the staging area as a GROUP.

Look forward to seeing you there....

Joe (Wukka)

Where I've been on my Spyder...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hmmmm... Had to miss the Olympia Toy Run, so just maybe.....
    2012 RT-S5, Quantum Blue, "Bitsy". Just starting out.

Spyder Garage

Default I'm in

Joe,

You can count me in... I missed last year... Yeah I will meet you at the address you listed or at a resturant for breakfast and coffee. So just let us know where and time.

Bruce

Spyder Garage

Depends . . . Motoplex is trying to tell me that sometime in the last 4000 miles, Charlotte not only wore her rear brake pads down to metal and damaged the rotor, but also developed a leaking water pump and that the balancer is shot. So I may not be riding for a while, while I thrash out with them just how all this damage supposedly developed in 4000 miles of nothing but street riding (14,000 total miles on the bike, but they just had it in for service at 10K), and who's paying for the repairs.

Looks like I didn't escape the Spyder Curse - I just put it off for a year after purchase.
    Last edited by Shel_TK; 01-24-2014 at 03:25 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Shel_TK View Post
    Depends . . . Motoplex is trying to tell me that sometime in the last 4000 miles, Charlotte not only wore her rear brake pads down to metal and damaged the rotor, but also developed a leaking water pump and that the balancer is shot. So I may not be riding for a while, while I thrash out with them just how all this damage supposedly developed in 4000 miles of nothing but street riding (14,000 total miles on the bike, but they just had it in for service at 10K), and who's paying for the repairs.

Looks like I didn't escape the Spyder Curse - I just put it off for a year after purchase.
    Oh crap. Sorry to hear that.

Bitsy goes in to Motoplex shortly for her 5000 check. Bother.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Girl Scout cookie sales started today. My daughter's troop leader suggested I park Bitsy in front of the store and load the frunk and saddlebags with cookie boxes for advertising. *chuckle*

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PatGund View Post
    Oh crap. Sorry to hear that.

Bitsy goes in to Motoplex shortly for her 5000 check. Bother.
    I have to admit, this latest development with Motoplex is beginning to make me wonder just how trustworthy they are. Problem is, it would *really* be a pain in the butt to have to take the bike to Clem's or Lifestyles, since I use it to ride to work every day. I'd hate to be stuck in the car for a week every time I needed service.

Spyder Garage

Well, I have to take back most of the nasty things I was thinking about Motoplex. Their service guy simply needs to leave better voicemail messages. However, whether or not I will be able to do the Teddy Bear Run still depends on when parts come in, as I need to have the balancer shaft replaced (the seal is damaged, and apparently BRP has redesigned the whole assembly to stop that from happening) and have the water pump seal replaced, as well as have the rear tire and brake rotor replaced (still annoyed about the brakes, I must admit). Everything but the brake rotor and tire will be covered under warranty. However, they will need 3 days to do the work once the parts come in.

Spyder Garage

Shel,

Hey I understand what you are experiencing because when my clutch was replaced they had to replace the balancer shaft too. It took some time for the parts come in from BRP but the guys at Motoplex will do what they can to get the parts sooner. But hope you are able to get it fixed in time for the ride.

Bruce

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lil rabbit View Post
    Shel,

Hey I understand what you are experiencing because when my clutch was replaced they had to replace the balancer shaft too. It took some time for the parts come in from BRP but the guys at Motoplex will do what they can to get the parts sooner. But hope you are able to get it fixed in time for the ride.

Bruce
    Yeah, I'm going to have to get the balancer shaft and water pump seal replaced under warranty, and pay to have a new rear tire and rear brake rotor put on (and probably replace the rear brake pads *again*). Sigh. But I got 14K on the rear tire, which sounds like average-to-good.

I'm riding the bike while I'm waiting for them to get parts - I have to, as it's how I commute to and from work. They said since the balancer shaft thing started becoming an issue, they've tried to keep more of an inventory of the parts, so hopefully I can drop it off in a week or two. It's just going to depend whether it's this week or next week - they would like me to drop it on a Wednesday and hopefully get it back on Saturday.

So I'll probably be there, unless the bike's actually in the shop at that time.

Spyder Garage

Yeah, I'm going to have to get the balancer shaft and water pump seal replaced under warranty, and pay to have a new rear tire and rear brake rotor put on (and probably replace the rear brake pads *again*). Sigh. But I got 14K on the rear tire, which sounds like average-to-good.

I'm riding the bike while I'm waiting for them to get parts - I have to, as it's how I commute to and from work. They said since the balancer shaft thing started becoming an issue, they've tried to keep more of an inventory of the parts, so hopefully I can drop it off in a week or two. It's just going to depend whether it's this week or next week - they would like me to drop it on a Wednesday and hopefully get it back on Saturday.

Awesome! Hope that your service goes really well and they take good care of you.

I am going to visit a couple of restaurants in the Aurburn area so we have a place to meet up before the group ride. Will have that in a couple days. GO HAWKS!!!

Registered Users TokenTwoWheeler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

And back to the subject of teddy bears, we went to Build-a-Bear Workshop last night, and we now have our teddy for the run.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Well, I'm glad that Motoplex is doing right by you, even if the delay is a PITA. And it sounds like maybe I need to keep an eye on those issues for my 2012 as well. *Grumble*

Spyder Garage

Shel,

Get a quote for your rear tire work in writing before motorplex does the work they where 2 to 3 times the cost of for rear tire replacement as other local dealers -- Sorry Motorplex but your labor fees are ridiculous - not knocking your employees - have had great parts service there......

Shel -- hopefully since they have to take rear belt off to do shaft - they won't double charge you for rear tire change ---

Rear tire and brakes are very easy to do on your own - if you need help - just give a shout out.

Hopefully I will be making breakfast w everybody -

Allen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ChasingWind View Post
    Shel,

Get a quote for your rear tire work in writing before motorplex does the work they where 2 to 3 times the cost of for rear tire replacement as other local dealers -- Sorry Motorplex but your labor fees are ridiculous - not knocking your employees - have had great parts service there......

Shel -- hopefully since they have to take rear belt off to do shaft - they won't double charge you for rear tire change ---

Rear tire and brakes are very easy to do on your own - if you need help - just give a shout out.

Hopefully I will be making breakfast w everybody -

Allen

They're charging me $180 for the tire - full cost to do the rear tire, rear brake rotor and pads, and have the balancer shaft and water pump seal done under warranty is $840. I'll be dropping it off on the 12th, and getting it back possibly on the 14th, or on the 15th. They actually had all the parts in stock except for the brake rotor, but that they were getting from a depot in BC, so if it weren't for the Teddy Bear Run, I'd be getting it fixed this week.

Spyder Garage

Default UPDATED LOCATION (IF YOU WANT TO MEET FOR BREAKFAST)

All -

Sorry for not posting sooner...Haven't had the chance to check into local restaurants for breakfast...was RUDELY interrupted by the activities and events around a certain championship football game!

Anyways, let's make it simple and meet up at the Denny's Restaurant on Auburn Way, just off of Highway 18. The address is:

521 Auburn Way S, Auburn, WA ‎

I'll be there between 9:00AM and 9:30AM.

From there it is just a straight shot north to the staging area for the Teddy Bear Run.

Weather's not looking so good, but for the record it has NEVER rained on this event - so let's hope to keep the streak going.

See you then! And don't forget your teddy bear!!

Wukka
    (Joe)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TokenTwoWheeler View Post
    And back to the subject of teddy bears, we went to Build-a-Bear Workshop last night, and we now have our teddy for the run.
    Wow! That's awesome!!! Some youngster will be extremely pleased with his/her special bear!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I been hearing hearing that the weather is suppose to be bad on Sunday. What is the status?
    i was planning on going but if there is snow in the forecast I do not think I will be attending.

[

QUOTE=wukka;754638]All -

Sorry for not posting sooner...Haven't had the chance to check into local restaurants for breakfast...was RUDELY interrupted by the activities and events around a certain championship football game!

Anyways, let's make it simple and meet up at the Denny's Restaurant on Auburn Way, just off of Highway 18. The address is:

From there it is just a straight shot north to the staging area for the Teddy Bear Run.

Weather's not looking so good, but for the record it has NEVER rained on this event - so let's hope to keep the streak going.

Wukka
    (Joe)[/QUOTE]
    Rode your Syder, see you out there!

Spyder Garage

Whoops a day early
    Last edited by ChasingWind; 02-08-2014 at 01:03 PM.

Spyder Garage

Still plan on going...Although the forecast for tomorrow overall doesn't look that good, the really nasty stuff isn't supposed to hit until much later in the day. Besides, I have 2 teddy bears so I am committed to go!

Quote Originally Posted by wukka View Post
    All -

Wukka
    (Joe)
    [/QUOTE]

Spyder Garage

I'll be there see ya at Denny's at 9izh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

It's Effin' SNOWING in Maple Valley right now!!! Will wait and see what the weather is like in the morning....

Spyder Garage

Can you say snow tire --- lol over 2" in Milton so far

Spyder Garage

Gonna need snowmobile kit at this point!!!

Spyder Garage

Yeah, as much as I would hate to miss this, since we missed the Oly Toy Run due to the cold . . . right now, I have to say we're most likely not going. Snow is falling in Bothell right now, and while it is projected to stop in the early morning, it is also forecast to start up again later in the morning and run through about 11. We will likely be a no-show at breakfast, and will evaluate closer to 10 or so as to whether or not we can make it to the meetup point. Drat! Was hoping to say "hi!" to folks.