Thread: Open House

Spyder Garage

Default Open House

I don't know how many people on in this section graduated for a high school in North Atlanta in the last 50+ years, but you may want to check this out at the end of the month? This is the old IBM complex which is now the new high school in North Atlanta.
    Northside High School is now a middle school. W.F. Dykes High School closed decades ago and was turned into a middle school.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Working for IBM, I have been in that facility a few times over the years to get deskside support for my laptops. It's a beautiful campus. I haven't been there since IBM left.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Because of the bad weather here in GA, the open house has been moved to next Friday, Feb 7th same times and locations.

An interesting thing happened at the school this week durning the snow storm. The National Guard was called in because the kids broke out in fights and were have sex on campus! You just can't make this stuff up.

Spyder Garage

NAHS is the only stand-alone 11 story, 56 acre property in the nation. The building is approximately 43,000 sq. ft. (One acre per floor) it seemed bigger than that to me.
    In addition to the usual languages taught in schools, they also teach Arabic. They have robotics program and I saw girls in the group which I think is great. I was disappointed to hear they only shoot pellet guns in the rifle range.
    It was a fine tour of the facility. I think word didn't get out about the date change due to the winter storm we had last week.