Spyder Garage

Default Different Music for Driver and Passenger

Currently we ride 2 wheels and have Sena Bluetooth setups for each of our iPhones and I use a portable CB to communicate with the rest of the group via Sena SR10.

We are in the market for a trike and leaning to the RTs. Our communication needs are: CB, am/fm, iPhone connection for both phones AND listening to different music. This is a requirement for our long trips.

I know that the Can Am CB requires wired setup so: Can the RT, using wired headsets, be set up to listen to all this plus perhaps Driver listening to am/fm while passenger listens to her iPhone/iPod music?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Vidman View Post
    Currently we ride 2 wheels and have Sena Bluetooth setups for each of our iPhones and I use a portable CB to communicate with the rest of the group via Sena SR10.

We are in the market for a trike and leaning to the RTs. Our communication needs are: CB, am/fm, iPhone connection for both phones AND listening to different music. This is a requirement for our long trips.

I know that the Can Am CB requires wired setup so: Can the RT, using wired headsets, be set up to listen to all this plus perhaps Driver listening to am/fm while passenger listens to her iPhone/iPod music?

All I can say is that I've never heard of this being done. I've been on this forum since I think it was November, 2009. Perhaps she could just listen to her ipod via her own head setup while you're listening to the music provided via the spyder. Interesting question though.

​Chris

Spyder Garage

No. It can't. You can only have one at a time. Passenger has it's own controls but only for volume and channel selection.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is her source of music set up for Bluetooth?
    You MIGHT be able to pair the different helmets up to different output sources...
    (We only use our Scalariders as intercoms; I use our RTs radio speakers for my noise, and she plugs her MP3 player into hers for her own favorite music...)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I use $49 BT500 helmet sets from ebay and they are paired to our own phones. I listen to what I want from mine and she hers. Intercom overrides the music as well as Google maps GPS and incoming calls does the same. I never use the bikes radio any more and it sounds great.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Sena 20S

I personally am awaiting the Sena 20S to debut (Projected Apr shipping date). The headset will do what you are looking for as well as allow you to intercom with other brand communication systems...which is a plus for me, since I ryde with groups of 20-30 bikes each weekend. I want this particular headset so much that I am going without any communication system at all for the moment, until the 20S is ready to ship in a couple/few more months.

Audio MultitaskingTM
    One key feature new for the 20S is the audio multitasking feature. The audio multitasking feature allows the audio alternate between music, intercom, FM radio, and phone and seamlessly intermix and overlap for incoming and outgoing audio. The audio multitasking is a new feature that replaces the previous interruption based audio functions of past Bluetooth communication devices. The new audio multitasking function creates the most close-to-natural audio sound while running multiple audio functions simultaneously and intelligently.

Features

• Bluetooth 4.0
    • Industry first dual Bluetooth module communication system
    • Audio MultitaskingTM: advanced audio management of intercom, phone, music and FM radio (patent pending)
    • Advanced Noise ControlTM
    • Versatile bike-to-bike conference intercom
    • Intercom working distance up to 2.4km (1.5 miles)*
    • Multipoint Bluetooth for dual mobile phone
    • HD Quality crystal clear and natural sound
    • Intuitive voice prompts and commands
    • Built-in FM radio tuner with a station scan and save function
    • All-in-one helmet clamp kit
    • Quick Bluetooth pairing
    • Universal IntercomTM: intercom with other brand communication systems
    • Water resistant for use in inclement weather
    • Firmware upgradeable
    • Peace of mind – thanks to the two-year warranty

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Tony View Post
    I personally am awaiting the Sena 20S to debut (Projected Apr shipping date). The headset will do what you are looking for as well as allow you to intercom with other brand communication systems...which is a plus for me, since I ryde with groups of 20-30 bikes each weekend. I want this particular headset so much that I am going without any communication system at all for the moment, until the 20S is ready to ship in a couple/few more months.

Audio MultitaskingTM
    One key feature new for the 20S is the audio multitasking feature. The audio multitasking feature allows the audio alternate between music, intercom, FM radio, and phone and seamlessly intermix and overlap for incoming and outgoing audio. The audio multitasking is a new feature that replaces the previous interruption based audio functions of past Bluetooth communication devices. The new audio multitasking function creates the most close-to-natural audio sound while running multiple audio functions simultaneously and intelligently.

Features

• Bluetooth 4.0
    • Industry first dual Bluetooth module communication system
    • Audio MultitaskingTM: advanced audio management of intercom, phone, music and FM radio (patent pending)
    • Advanced Noise ControlTM
    • Versatile bike-to-bike conference intercom
    • Intercom working distance up to 2.4km (1.5 miles)*
    • Multipoint Bluetooth for dual mobile phone
    • HD Quality crystal clear and natural sound
    • Intuitive voice prompts and commands
    • Built-in FM radio tuner with a station scan and save function
    • All-in-one helmet clamp kit
    • Quick Bluetooth pairing
    • Universal IntercomTM: intercom with other brand communication systems
    • Water resistant for use in inclement weather
    • Firmware upgradeable
    • Peace of mind – thanks to the two-year warranty
    this was originally expected in Dec 13. Didn't happen. Hopeful it will happen. Bluetooth with the Can Am cb is out of the question at this point. Sena Support says, "We, along with other companies, are investigating......"

Thus my question was concerning hard wired. IF the CB is available on the 2014 RT platform I will just have the wife live with her Sena and tap me on the shoulder to talk. Old school intercom.

Thanks for the replys.