Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Please shoot me a PM with updates and such. That way I can always find it.

Spyder Garage

Help.

I downloaded Garmin's current POI installer. I downloaded this dealer list onto my Garmin 660 but I'll be darned if I can find it. Not under POI's, not under any other tab. I rebooted (multiple times) downloaded again yet my Garmin says that the file already exist and would I like to overwrite it? I did, still can't find the dealer list! Thoughts?

SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Spyder Garage

You can import the way points with Garmin Base Camp. The GPX file is not a POI type file.

Spyder Garage

Look in "Where to", then "Extras", then "Custom POIs, then "All Catagories" and "All catagories" again, and see if it might be in there. That's where mine is.

Edit: I also noticed that if I look in "Where to", then "Favorites", then "Can-Am Dealers GPX", I find a whole lot of them there.

Chris
    Last edited by MouthPiece; 02-05-2014 at 08:29 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpydermanCT View Post
    Help.

I downloaded Garmin's current POI installer. I downloaded this dealer list onto my Garmin 660 but I'll be darned if I can find it. Not under POI's, not under any other tab. I rebooted (multiple times) downloaded again yet my Garmin says that the file already exist and would I like to overwrite it? I did, still can't find the dealer list! Thoughts?

From your explanation I am not sure at what steps you are going wrong or not. So here are the steps.
    Download the POI Installer software from Garmin and install into your computer. Only needs to be done the first time.
    Download the file and then move it to a folder on your computer not on the Garmin. (spyder-dealer.gpx file in this case plus any of the hundreds of other files that are available and in most cases free, go in this same folder.)
    Plug your Garmin into the computer with a usb cable.
    Run the POI installer.
    Save Options choose Garmin device. Next
    Wait until it finds your device. Next
    Choose, Install new custom POI,s on your device. Next
    Browse to the folder that holds the file on your computer? Then choose a name for the for the POI file. Next
    If it give you a warning to overwrite your file choose yes.
    Wait until the installer is finished? Finished
    Pull the usb plug from the back of Garmin. If it is a Zumo, put the door back on. Wait until it reboots.
    Choose menu, Where to?
    Choose menu, Extras.
    Choose menu Custom POI
    There is your Spyder Dealers list.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    From your explanation I am not sure at what steps you are going wrong or not. So here are the steps.
    Download the POI Installer software from Garmin and install into your computer. Only needs to be done the first time.
    Download the file and then move it to a folder on your computer not on the Garmin. (spyder-dealer.gpx file in this case plus any of the hundreds of other files that are available and in most cases free, go in this same folder.)
    Plug your Garmin into the computer with a usb cable.
    Run the POI installer.
    Save Options choose Garmin device. Next
    Wait until it finds your device. Next
    Choose, Install new custom POI,s on your device. Next
    Browse to the folder that holds the file on your computer? Then choose a name for the for the POI file. Next
    If it give you a warning to overwrite your file choose yes.
    Wait until the installer is finished? Finished
    Pull the usb plug from the back of Garmin. If it is a Zumo, put the door back on. Wait until it reboots.
    Choose menu, Where to?
    Choose menu, Extras.
    Choose menu Custom POI
    There is your Spyder Dealers list.

Okay, I cannot find the "Run POI installer". I have updated my Garmin with the Garmin updater on my computer and I even put the file in the GPX folder in the Garmin and I can't see it. Please help.... If I could find the Run POI Installer that would probably work. Where is it? :_((

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

If you copied it to the GPX files it should show up under favorites as Can-Am Dealers. Take a look there
    Illinois Patriot Guard

Founding member of Woodstock Spyder Ryders

2014 RTS SE6 - White
    2010 RT/AC SE5 retired with 26,536 miles

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderLady View Post
    Okay, I cannot find the "Run POI installer". I have updated my Garmin with the Garmin updater on my computer and I even put the file in the GPX folder in the Garmin and I can't see it. Please help.... If I could find the Run POI Installer that would probably work. Where is it? :_((

http://www8.garmin.com/support/colle...t=999-99999-12

Go to the link above and download the correct POI loader (Windows or Mac)
    After it's downloaded run the installer. On a windows computer it will be in the download folder. Mac not sure.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mac also puts it in the "Downloads" folder. But since it's not from the App Store, you'll have to go to "security settings" in system preferences and allow it to install.

thehawk

PS. Don't forget to turn the security settings back on!!
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... in practice, however, that's just a theory.

Spyder Garage

Thanks so much for the hard work. I would love to download the Garmin Dealers File, but when I use the link you provided, I get the message that is is not available/changed, etc. It takes me to the site but no file that I can find. Has it been removed?

Spyder Garage

I'm in New Zealand so don't need the list that came with my Garmin Zummo 660, how can I delete it ? or should I just leave it in there ?
    Alan:
    2013 Spyder ST Limited
    TBR
    Black Series Slip-On Exhaust with M-5 Carbon Canister and P1X power tip and black bolt kit
    Fox Podium shocks
    BRP Carbon black sports rack & backrest
    Custom Dynamics LED converted taillights & black tag bolts
    WrapMySpyder carbon dash kit & GT stripes & graphics
    Bestem USA carbon side fairings, belt guards & under tail
    Procoat NZ powder coated wheels
    Hydrographics NZ carbon dipped front suspension covers, billet caps and dash surround
    Spyderpops 3D SS Grille set

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NZSpyderRyder View Post
    I'm in New Zealand so don't need the list that came with my Garmin Zummo 660, how can I delete it ? or should I just leave it in there ?
    Plug your Garmin into a computer using a usb cable to get access to files on it. Open the "Garmin" folder, open the "POI" folder and there should be a file called "oempoi.gpi" rename it to "oempoi.gp0". The Dealer List will no longer appear.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Sorry. It did move. I have placed it here:

http://spyderblog.com/gps/Can-Am%20Dealers.GPX

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Sorted

Plug your Garmin into a computer using a usb cable to get access to files on it. Open the "Garmin" folder, open the "POI" folder and there should be a file called "oempoi.gpi" rename it to "oempoi.gp0". The Dealer List will no longer appear.
    Thanks for that, all sorted.
    Alan:
    2013 Spyder ST Limited
    TBR
    Black Series Slip-On Exhaust with M-5 Carbon Canister and P1X power tip and black bolt kit
    Fox Podium shocks
    BRP Carbon black sports rack & backrest
    Custom Dynamics LED converted taillights & black tag bolts
    WrapMySpyder carbon dash kit & GT stripes & graphics
    Bestem USA carbon side fairings, belt guards & under tail
    Procoat NZ powder coated wheels
    Hydrographics NZ carbon dipped front suspension covers, billet caps and dash surround
    Spyderpops 3D SS Grille set

Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

thanks Wiredux for your time on this

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mastertek2000 View Post
    thanks Wiredux for your time on this

Spyder Garage

I really appreciate the work you put into this. Installed into my 660 and my dealer that got my Spyder from is on there. So far so good. I forgot to delete the dealer list from the factory. Oh well next time. It's too bad we can't replace the original dealer file and keep the nice "Y ​SPYDER DEALERS" icon.
    You can! Check this post.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...for-Garmin-GPS

Dano

Spyder Garage

Default What would happen?

What if you used the POI Loader program to convert the new GPX file to a GPI file and renamed and replaced the original oempoi.gpi with the newly created file?
    Would the new list not show up where the old list is on the gps?

We don't know what we don't know...

2013 RT Limited
    2012 RT-622 Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dano View Post
    Thanks for the link to the file I created.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CruiseRT View Post
    What if you used the POI Loader program to convert the new GPX file to a GPI file and renamed and replaced the original oempoi.gpi with the newly created file?
    Would the new list not show up where the old list is on the gps?
    Nope! If you copy the .gpx file to the garmin the data will appear under "Where To/Favourites" If you convert it to a .gpi file, using poi loader, the data will appear under "Where To/Extras" The only part of the file name that is important is the extension. If you wish to get updated dealer list but have it appear the same way as the oempoi.gpi file then go to my thread http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...for-Garmin-GPS. In it I have created a .gpi file using the data from wiredux that does that.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Nope! If you copy the .gpx file to the garmin the data will appear under "Where To/Favourites" If you convert it to a .gpi file, using poi loader, the data will appear under "Where To/Extras" The only part of the file name that is important is the extension. If you wish to get updated dealer list but have it appear the same way as the oempoi.gpi file then go to my thread http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...for-Garmin-GPS. In it I have created a .gpi file using the data from wiredux that does that.
    You are right, I did try it. How did you get it to work, did you edit the original gpi file in order for it to keep the shortcut? I have not found any information on how to add the shortcut to the POI file. Thanks for the file.

2013 RT Limited
    2012 RT-622 Trailer

Spyder Garage

The shortcut is part of the Can-Am GPS.

Spyder Garage

You are right, I did try it. How did you get it to work, did you edit the original gpi file in order for it to keep the shortcut? I have not found any information on how to add the shortcut to the POI file. Thanks for the file.
    I found software that created the file. I had to create a new "Y Facture icon" and taking the new dealer data, the software generated what you see.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I found software that created the file. I had to create a new "Y Facture icon" and taking the new dealer data, the software generated what you see.
    Thanks for the file. The software you used must be rare, I have looked all over the internet and have not come up with anything that will do it.

2013 RT Limited
    2012 RT-622 Trailer

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the file. The software you used must be rare, I have looked all over the internet and have not come up with anything that will do it.
    I used this. http://turboccc.wikispaces.com/Extra_POI_Editor

The function for creating .gpi files is not well covered in the instructions and I got help from folks on POI Factory. You can see my threads there. I use the same screen name on that site.

2018 F3 LIMITED