Thread: Helmet Locks

Spyder Garage

Default Helmet Locks

I ware a Nolan N103. It will not fit in my 2014 ST Limited, or in the Givi bags. Kewlmetal lists their 526 locks as for the RT. I talked with Matt (one of the owners). He was not sure if they would fit a 2014 ST, because he has not seen one yet. They arrived today. They fit perfectly. Problem solved.
    Roger

Spyder Garage

Default Another Option

My wife uses a gun cable lock for her helmet on her RS. Works great and is about $6 at Walmart.
    Let's Ryde!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Trigger guard locks are readily available, cheap, and easy to carry.
    Glad to hear the the RT locks worked for you!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Brand/how do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Trigger guard locks are readily available, cheap, and easy to carry.
    Glad to hear the the RT locks worked for you!
    Good Morning Bob...what brand do you use and how do you use them on helmet/Spyder? Thanks. Hope all goes well as you wait for your new ryde to arrive...
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Honestly ; I don't know the brand, but they're all just about the same...
    Since I wear a modular helmet, I've looped it through the D-rings, and then around the Diamond R armrests that I had on my 2010.
    The new bike won't have armrests for a while, so I'm guessing that I'll loop it around the passengers "chicken rails" , and leave the helmet on the seat.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cuban Spyder View Post
    My wife uses a gun cable lock for her helmet on her RS. Works great and is about $6 at Walmart.
    Great idea !!!! Didn't think of that !! :-)

Tommy J.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Hemet Guardian works for us...

I have mounted this dual helmet lock under my license plate. It works great. My bike is an RT and the plastic lips for the helmet locks under the seat is a joke. So, I installed this helmet lock and we have helmet lock extensions that we utilize with our Nolan helmets. Bought the black one about a year ago at California Sport Touring, Inc. for around $46 plus shipping. Hope it helps.

REMEMBER FOR NOLAN HELMETS, check your helmet extensions as they need to be narrow vs. the standard ones to fit Nolans........ good luck to you!! Here's one source: http://www.texascyclechrome.com/helm...ionsnolan.aspx

Last edited by Jim&Teresa; 01-15-2014 at 10:46 AM.
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That looks pretty slick!
    But do the helmets get near the exhaust, or back of the saddlebags?

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Careful

Quote Originally Posted by JLSpyder2012 View Post
    I have mounted this dual helmet lock under my license plate. It works great. My bike is an RT and the plastic lips for the helmet locks under the seat is a joke. So, I installed this helmet lock and we have helmet lock extensions that we utilize with our Nolan helmets. Bought the black one about a year ago at California Sport Touring, Inc. for around $46 plus shipping. Hope it helps.

REMEMBER FOR NOLAN HELMETS, check your helmet extensions as they need to be narrow vs. the standard ones to fit Nolans........ good luck to you!! Here's one source: http://www.texascyclechrome.com/helm...ionsnolan.aspx

I was warned about using these locks as they present a great "target of opportunity" for the depraved amongst us who can't wait to get to the port a potty! Seems hard to believe......but then people are very weird.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default You have a great question!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    That looks pretty slick!
    But do the helmets get near the exhaust, or back of the saddlebags?
    Yes, you need to be careful on the side of the exhaust. Other side is fine. I find by turning the helmets a certain way works. Never try to move the bike with helmets dangling like this. We did scratch one of our helmet shields with the exhaust when we moved the bike about 5 feet with them hanging. SO.....good question, but they work great and we use them all the time. Best regards..........
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting .....we have had no problems (yet!)

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    I was warned about using these locks as they present a great "target of opportunity" for the depraved amongst us who can't wait to get to the port a potty! Seems hard to believe......but then people are very weird.
    Thanks .....maybe due to the helmets hanging so low. They hang similar to the way a Gold Wing does, but the Gold Wing is a higher mount under the rear baggage area.

We usually park in the public areas, but anything could happen I guess. If we stay overnight, they go inside with us. I usually put the travel cover on the bike also to prevent any tampering or sitting on the bike.

Appreciate your comments!
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Cable..!!

we use a kryptonite cable lock. 3' of cable and lock the helmets to the seat. Helps keep people off as well. Combination lock makes it quick. But there are many. We got off ebay for around $15.00....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JLSpyder2012 View Post
    Yes, you need to be careful on the side of the exhaust. Other side is fine. I find by turning the helmets a certain way works. Never try to move the bike with helmets dangling like this. We did scratch one of our helmet shields with the exhaust when we moved the bike about 5 feet with them hanging. SO.....good question, but they work great and we use them all the time. Best regards..........
    Thanks for the information!