Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    Note to self: Do not text in a movie theater.

Chris
    As we grow old we learn how to live our life safe and do the right choices. God Bless us all and keep us from harm.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    Just playing devil's advocate, here . . . just because you paid a dealer a deposit is not an iron-clad guarantee that BRP got the order, immediately . . . a dealer could have used the money for other things, planning on placing the order later . . . Has BRP acknowledged to you that they have an order for you, dated 28 September? It isn't always BRPs fault . . . some dealers are not 100% honest with us, and blame BRP for everything.
    BRP could also have told the dealers when they can start placing orders. I bet there were many dealers that just had a list. Mine seems to be flying by their pants. But I have not really dug into their list, but there were 10 people ahead of me.

I was told mine would be here "sometime" in February. Yeah sure the instant gratification isn't there, but the wait will be worth it.

Patience young grasshopper, and you surely shall get the spyder...

Spyder Garage

Angry Update 01/15\14

Ok folks, here's the latest word today, from my dealer and BRP! My dealer placed the order Sept 30. Dealer received shipping notice from BRP on Jan 2nd, that my limited had shipped. Last week my dealer received a new Cognac 2014 RTS, and NOT a limited! Apparently BRP acknowledges that they screwed up the order, but it still leaves me without my new bike after 3 1/2 months. BRP said they are building another truckload of seadoo's and Canam's for delivery into our area. They would or could not tell my dealer when this would be! So here we are again, no bike and no assurance of a delivery date!! By the way, this all occured while I was in the sales managers office with him both on the phone and by email with BRP, so I have no reason to suspect my dealer of any delay or problems on their end. BRP really sucks, but after my tirade last night, I guess I'll hang in there for a couple more weeks to see what happens.
    OLD GROUCH GUZZI
    GUZZI :
    2020 RTL blue

Spyder Garage

Default Electircal Troubleshooting

My dealer has not received any 2014's yet. He said that BRP is holding up a lot of shipping due to working out electrical issues and wanting to make sure that they don't have some of the same problems that they have had with others. Anybody else heard this.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Utah Geezer View Post
    My dealer has not received any 2014's yet. He said that BRP is holding up a lot of shipping due to working out electrical issues and wanting to make sure that they don't have some of the same problems that they have had with others. Anybody else heard this.
    That is BS. Get another dealer. Someone is blowing smoke up where the light don't shine. IMHO

Chris

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just got the same story about the delay in delivering some chairs that the Missus ordered...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

My dealer in NC that I have mine ordered from states they are one of the biggest Can-Am dealers on the east coast. But they say that they don't get notified of when these units ship from the factory which I know is a bunch of BS. This is going to be my 4th spyder and I know how BRP works by now.

Getting very frustrated with all of the excuses!
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder-dude View Post
    My dealer in NC that I have mine ordered from states they are one of the biggest Can-Am dealers on the east coast. But they say that they don't get notified of when these units ship from the factory which I know is a bunch of BS. This is going to be my 4th spyder and I know how BRP works by now.

Getting very frustrated with all of the excuses!
    I totally agree!!
    GUZZI :
    2020 RTL blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Utah Geezer View Post
    Is your dealer Fox? I stopped there today and they weren't exactly the friendliest people I've ever met. Go to Henderson, NV Pro Shop has a 2014 RT LTD in stock.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzi View Post
    Apparently BRP acknowledges that they screwed up the order, but it still leaves me without my new bike after 3 1/2 months.
    Hi Guzzi,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still waiting on your vehicle. I completely understand your eargernesss to get your Spyder and I want you to know that we're working closely with your dealer and doing everything we can to ensure you get your roadster as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you can definitely send me a PM here on Spyderlovers if you have a question or simply want to discuss any of this.
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team

Spyder Garage

How about telling us how many RT's have shipped so far?

2014 RT Limited Cognac ----- Wraps, skid plate, lights, Elkas
    2002 harley ultra classic
    2008 hayabusa

Spyder Garage

I know I would be frustrated with not having my bike, especially when you hear of RT's for sale at dealerships that don't already have them sold. One thread has a guy who just walked in and bought a new one off the floor. He didn't have to wait. If I put down a load a cash and was getting the run around I would be very upset.

I would think that a good business practice would be to send out the ones that already have a deposit on them. But then again, I guess it makes more business sense to make you wait since they already have your money.
    Last edited by bscrive; 01-17-2014 at 09:19 AM.

Spyder Garage

Update from BRP! I guess my bitchin to my dealer and BRP got thru. Was contacted by spyderlovers BRPcare and answered his post. Got a phone call a couple hours later about the situation with my 2014 RT LIMITED, ordered Sept 28th. An apology from BRP for the time elapsed, and a promise to find out where my RT is, and a promise to phone me monday with an answer, and delivery date. Steve was very apologetic and friendly, and somewhat renewed my faith in BRP customer service. He said it should be here by the end of the month, and that was confirmed by my dealer later today. After 4 months, it's about time! Now the waiting begins again!
    GUZZI :
    2020 RTL blue