Spyder Garage

Default Interesting Phone Call

I just got an interesting phone call. It was BRP Customer Service, doing a follow-up on a comment I made about the dealership where I bought my Spyder. We talked for quite a while, and I gave the caller a complete run down on that dealer, started with day one, when I asked questions of the guy who was "checking me out" on the Spyder I had just purchased, and who's response to one question was: "I don't know. I've never ridden one." . . . up to getting home after the recall work was done and discovering they left parts off the brakes! I also told them how helpful and customer service-oriented that CanAm of Windber is, and how they are my "go-to guys" from now on. I discussed the heat issues that necessitated the recall for the melting parts and that I was hoping to see a resolution from BRP. I admitted to him that the hot seat does feel good while riding in the winter! . . . but not so much in warmer weather . . . His response was that they are "crossing their fingers" and hoping they have a resolution, soon. It was good to know that they read the comments folks make on the after-service surveys they send out.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Default Good to know..!!

that they do listen to us and let us know they are aware...I always said they are working on it but it will never be fast enough for some...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default untill

i really feel it is a TELL THEM WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR UNTIL WE FIND A FIX FOR THE PROBLEM. when i was complaining back in the summer i was told they would have a fix in two to three weeks, so take whatever they say with a grain of salt . just my opinion
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hopefully they come up with a solution to the heat problem soon. This is starting to restore some faith in BRP, now if they would just call me back!!
    Sold my 14 RTS went back to 2 wheels.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

At least they called...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    i really feel it is a TELL THEM WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR UNTIL WE FIND A FIX FOR THE PROBLEM. when i was complaining back in the summer i was told they would have a fix in two to three weeks, so take whatever they say with a grain of salt . just my opinion
    I'm an optimist . . . perhaps, they thought they had a solution . . . and it turned out not to work. Understand that, from a business point of view, they need to find the least expensive fix that will resolve the most problems . . . that can take a lot of trips to the drawing board! . . . And, like I said . . . the hot seat feels good in cold weather!

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    At least they called...
    . . . exactly my point!

Spyder Garage

Cool

Spyder Garage

2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Cool
    Yes we hope that is the end result.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    Yes we hope that is the end result.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default winber can am

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    I just got an interesting phone call. It was BRP Customer Service, doing a follow-up on a comment I made about the dealership where I bought my Spyder. We talked for quite a while, and I gave the caller a complete run down on that dealer, started with day one, when I asked questions of the guy who was "checking me out" on the Spyder I had just purchased, and who's response to one question was: "I don't know. I've never ridden one." . . . up to getting home after the recall work was done and discovering they left parts off the brakes! I also told them how helpful and customer service-oriented that CanAm of Windber is, and how they are my "go-to guys" from now on. I discussed the heat issues that necessitated the recall for the melting parts and that I was hoping to see a resolution from BRP. I admitted to him that the hot seat does feel good while riding in the winter! . . . but not so much in warmer weather . . . His response was that they are "crossing their fingers" and hoping they have a resolution, soon. It was good to know that they read the comments folks make on the after-service surveys they send out.
    hayfield
    not to change the subject, but, did you have the laser alignment done at windber, and if you did--how it work for you ?

thanks ,tim

Spyder Garage

I would like to get a call from BRP and have them tell me to go to my dealer. And that they found a heat fix before the spring and warm weather gets here.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by frenchek View Post
    hayfield
    not to change the subject, but, did you have the laser alignment done at windber, and if you did--how it work for you ?

thanks ,tim
    I had jury duty for November, and by the time I was free, there was snow between me and Windber, or somewhere on the route, every day. An opportunity came up to get a laser alignment from Lamont and Harvey Clark (Spyder Pops) on January 4th, so I took it. It turns out my front wheels were toed out. I noticed the difference almost immediately. On my ride home, I was going to stop for gas. I was approaching a gas station on the right and was going 55 MPH in cruise control. I tapped the brake to release the cruise control and didn't give the Spyder any throttle, planning on slowing and going into the gas station . . . and almost rolled passed. The Spyder did not decelerate as fast as I was accustomed to! Also, in the 80 mile ride, I used 3/4 gallons less gas going home than I used riding down! My Spyder handles so much better . . . and I thought I had one that didn't have problems! Since Lamont doesn't charge if he doesn't have to make any adjustments, I figured it was worth the trip, just to meet him and Spyder Pops . . . but I'm really happy I got the alignment . . . everyone really needs to get one!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RBS66 View Post
    I would like to get a call from BRP and have them tell me to go to my dealer. And that they found a heat fix before the spring and warm weather gets here.
    Me too!!!

Spyder Garage

Me, too!

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Put me on this list as well.............
    Sold my 14 RTS went back to 2 wheels.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Me Too...

I have posted my overheating experience with the Dealership & BRP in another thread, but to sum it up, our 2013 ST Ltd was overheating, going into limp mode, and throwing code P0217 4. Dealer called BRP and BRP said to replace the temperature sensor, radiator, and thermostat. Furthermore, BRP asked that the parts be sent back to them for inspection. I then received a phone call from BRP (Canada # on caller ID) asking if I was satisfied with the way my repairs were being handled by both the dealership and BRP. I was blown away by all of these actions as they seem to be the antithesis of the sentiments expressed in this forum. It seems as if my experiences with BRP as a Spyder owner have been an anomaly, as I have been happy with the service, repairs, and follow up thus far. I'm not saying that my Spyder hadn't been in the shop a lot the first few months we've owned her (6 visits) BUT, i've always received a loaner and the repairs have never been over 2 days in length thus far. I am not defending BRP nor am I leading the charge against them...i'm just sharing my experience with them thus far.

If asked, I can candidly answer that I would (and will) buy another Spyder based on my experiences with:

• My Dealership
    • The manufacturer (BRP)
    • and the make/model of our rydes

Both our GS and ST are great bikes to ryde, and I have to say that i've gone places and met people I otherwise may not have thanks to both of them...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Tony View Post
    I have posted my overheating experience with the Dealership & BRP in another thread, but to sum it up, our 2013 ST Ltd was overheating, going into limp mode, and throwing code P0217 4. Dealer called BRP and BRP said to replace the temperature sensor, radiator, and thermostat. Furthermore, BRP asked that the parts be sent back to them for inspection. I then received a phone call from BRP (Canada # on caller ID) asking if I was satisfied with the way my repairs were being handled by both the dealership and BRP. I was blown away by all of these actions as they seem to be the antithesis of the sentiments expressed in this forum. It seems as if my experiences with BRP as a Spyder owner have been an anomaly, as I have been happy with the service, repairs, and follow up thus far. I'm not saying that my Spyder hadn't been in the shop a lot the first few months we've owned her (6 visits) BUT, i've always received a loaner and the repairs have never been over 2 days in length thus far. I am not defending BRP nor am I leading the charge against them...i'm just sharing my experience with them thus far.

If asked, I can candidly answer that I would (and will) buy another Spyder based on my experiences with:

• My Dealership
    • The manufacturer (BRP)
    • and the make/model of our rydes

Both our GS and ST are great bikes to ryde, and I have to say that i've gone places and met people I otherwise may not have thanks to both of them...
    I've had the same experience with everything you posted except when it came to my dealer . . . and BRP has heard my complaints about them. They never offered a loaner, either. The good part is that I have a new dealer to go to! When this Spyder finally wears out, I'll buy another (if I haven't worn out by then, too!)