Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seat Envy...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    For 2014; the RT-S gets a two-tone seat...
    The Limited doesn't!
    One would think that BRP would do everything that it could, to separate the Limited from it's other "lesser" brethren... (sorry!)
    Do you think that perhaps BRP could (or should) give the Limiteds a two-tone seat, that uses the color of the bike's bodywork, as the secondary color?
    (Assuming black as the primary color)

Just a thought... What do you think?
    The Limited is BRP's "top of the line" and should have everything including the two-tone seat. we wonder sometimes what the R & D people of BRP are thinking and more important, who they are listening to????????????
    THE BIG F

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    It all boils down to choices, choices, choices.

I don't believe I have bought ANY vehicle where everything was as perfect as I wanted it to be. There was always something I "had to live with".

RE: the 2014 RT-S. I am not sure I am going to like the floorboard configuration. I usually go for a seat with more support than the OEM--but the jury is out until I have 1000 miles or so. I am not excited about the "frunkgate" issue. I am still wondering if an upline BRP seat needs another backrest from the backrest that can be ordered with the OEM seat. I want a different color than previous so am locked into Yellow or Cognac on the machines I am interested in. I really do like the two tone seat for the RT-S. I guess one out of four is good. My plan is to not add anything, drive it a thousand miles or so, and make further decisions. The worst that could happen is there will be a new 2014 for sale with only 1000 miles for about $8K or so.
    Above quote from 1/14/14. Interesting what a year does to my perspective and opinions.

: Floorboards: turns out that the OEM floorboards were spot on. Even with the funny looking slant they have. Spot on for me, and I am pretty picky.

: Seat: not perfect, but much better than the OEM's I experienced on previous models. Still have the original seat at 10K miles. A record for me.

: Frunkgate: I still miss the magic button to open the frunk. Have learned to live without it and have found that I can turn the key to open, almost as quickly.

: Backrest: I did not like the looks or the price of the BRP backrest. Purchased a Utopia instead. This was actually purchased a couple months before I received delivery of my . I self installed it within a week of purchase.

: Color: I ended up getting the RTS in Yellow instead of the LTD in Cognac. I wanted to be different and everyone seemed to be going Cognac. Cognac Up

: Seat: My choice for model was also influenced by the fact that I wanted the two tone seat offered on the Yellow RTS. I like it a lot, and the backrest is also upholstered in the two tone, just like the seat.

Well, a year later, I am feeling I had my thoughts going right. I am happy with what I did. Sorry, my 2014 is not for sale at $8K.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red