Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seat Envy...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Seat Envy...

For 2014; the RT-S gets a two-tone seat...
    The Limited doesn't!
    One would think that BRP would do everything that it could, to separate the Limited from it's other "lesser" brethren... (sorry!)
    Do you think that perhaps BRP could (or should) give the Limiteds a two-tone seat, that uses the color of the bike's bodywork, as the secondary color?
    (Assuming black as the primary color)

Just a thought... What do you think?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default personally

i think if your paying good money you should have the bike the way you want it and not them.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Bob, I have to agree with you, I like the look of the two tone seat on the RT-S burr was very disappointed to see that the Limited just got a plain black seat, I know that on the ATV line up the limited model gets a two tone seat to set it apart from the other models.

Thanks,
    Bob

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    The Limited doesn't!
    One would think that BRP would do everything that it could, to separate the Limited from it's other "lesser" brethren... (sorry!)
    Do you think that perhaps BRP could (or should) give the Limiteds a two-tone seat, that uses the color of the bike's bodywork, as the secondary color?

From us Lesser Brethren?????????????, i think you should have to sleep in the doghouse with Snoopy.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think that I actually did apologize for that less than stellar choice of words...
    But if you're talking about a trip to his Mustang Ranch; I could be persuaded...

Spyder Garage

Default Limited Seat

The Limited doesn't!

Given BRP's history with many issues, one would think that BRP would bend over backwards to give existing and potential owners what they want and need, and not charge the premium that they charge for everything. Example, the electronic switch for the Frunk. Why would that be standard on a 2013, but be an option for 2014? Also, the 2013 came with luggage to fit all storage compartments. For 2014 you only get the Frunk bag, yet the '14 costs more than the '13. Just my thoughts
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

The Limited doesn't!

I think there might be a "heat issue" with the two tone seat. it looks pretty hot!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    For 2014 you only get the Frunk bag, yet the '14 costs more than the '13. Just my thoughts

Yeah but you get one whole cylinder more not to mention the piston therein.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Limited doesn't!

I knew you would be jealous of the coolest seat ever! My predicament is that I want the comfort seat and the backrest and they don't make either of them in the two tone.

Also, did you notice the only place that has Limited stitching is on the passenger backrest.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

The Limited doesn't!

The LTD people get more chrome and electronics. They also have the chocolate seats for the cognac and the burgundy seats for the silver version that set them apart. The black currant color is also LTD only. I do like the fact that the RT-S does have the two tone seat--its nice to have something different from the RT and the LTD versions. The build site still says electronic trunk release--but we know where that one has gone to.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Given BRP's history with many issues, one would think that BRP would bend over backwards to give existing and potential owners what they want and need, and not charge the premium that they charge for everything. Example, the electronic switch for the Frunk. Why would that be standard on a 2013, but be an option for 2014? Also, the 2013 came with luggage to fit all storage compartments. For 2014 you only get the Frunk bag, yet the '14 costs more than the '13. Just my thoughts
    I would think that the 1330 engine is more expensive than the 998 and they tried to keep the cost about the same from 2013 to 2014 so something had to give. I know I'd much rather have the bigger engine than some overpriced luggage.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I have to agree also.
    At this point we're all ordering them from the factory.

Mr. Salesman, I'd like that color and I'd like THAT seat...
    That will be $35,000, please come again!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    The LTD people get more chrome and electronics. They also have the chocolate seats for the cognac and the burgundy seats for the silver version that set them apart. The black currant color is also LTD only. I do like the fact that the RT-S does have the two tone seat--its nice to have something different from the RT and the LTD versions. The build site still says electronic trunk release--but we know where that one has gone to.
    Limited people pay for those extras in the cost of the Spyder . . . they don't just "get" them . . . , Bob . . . CanAm seems to have a marketing problem . . . they aren't giving their customers many choices in some areas . . . and some of them would be very easy to implement.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I would think that the 1330 engine is more expensive than the 998 and they tried to keep the cost about the same from 2013 to 2014 so something had to give. I know I'd much rather have the bigger engine than some overpriced luggage.
    And don't forget that half way thru the year, or maybe next year, by dropping the luggage to start with they've left things open to have a relatively easy way of 'adding value' to the new model or another spec Spyder down track somewhere - just add all the luggage & maybe a travel cover to the deal and voila new spec, that'll be another coupla grands worth surely!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-13-2014 at 10:47 PM.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I can do it for you

Hey Bob
    pull off that old ugly new seat and send it to me I will match it to your trike, or make it two tone put in Gell and have it back in 1 week.....
    Dave

The Limited doesn't!

Last edited by Motorcycledave; 01-14-2014 at 12:32 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You might just be on to something; Dave!
    My reasoning for this little "gripe"
    One would think that BRP's "Limited" model is the flagship of the lineup.
    If you discount the GPS; it's really been de-contented to not much more than an appearance package now:
    Limiteds are Chrome
    RTS is Black

That's about it...

Spyder Garage

Hey, folks, I have a 2013 RT Ltd. I would be happy to swap a dissatisfied '14 owner a couple of hard bags and a frunk switch for that extra cylinder!

Spyder Garage

Gee Bob how about those of us who want a plain RT only getting 2 color choices? I do not like black anything and white is the #1 color of SC autos. Actually I am kinda glad since I do not like either and will not pay a premium for RTS/LTD for cognac so I can wait till next year when they are on sale for RT prices like they did with the 2013 this year. If you Build and price an RT the only options are heated and or comfort seat and backrest ( but you CAN get them in burgundy and chocolate).
    Last edited by Magdave; 01-14-2014 at 09:38 AM.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

As Henry Ford once said ' they can get any color as long as it is black'.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    Limited people pay for those extras in the cost of the Spyder . . . they don't just "get" them . . . , Bob . . . CanAm seems to have a marketing problem . . . they aren't giving their customers many choices in some areas . . . and some of them would be very easy to implement.
    Giving the subject some further thought:

A seat is a seat--why can't we get the one we want? If you want the upline, you should be able to pay price X and get it. I do see where this may cause problems when they "build" the bike. With all kinds of possibilities available--they would end up with some 's with the wrong parts. Probably why they don't have a custom build program like some brands.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 01-14-2014 at 03:29 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    A seat is a seat--why can't we get the one we want? If you want the upline, you should be able to pay price X and get it. I do see where this may cause problems when they "build" the bike. With all kinds of possibilities available--they would end up with some 's with the wrong parts. Probably why they don't have a custom build program like some brands.
    Same with paint colors and wheel colors. I do not like black rims personally but on the build it site it would cost me to get gray ones slapped on a RTS $649.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I can actually see the logic behind offering the base models in either black or white; MARKETING
    The salesman will say, "For only X more dollars; you can have your choice of these beautiful and vibrant color schemes!"

Spyder Garage

I can actually see the logic behind offering the base models in either black or white; MARKETING
    The salesman will say, "For only X more dollars; you can have your choice of these beautiful and vibrant color schemes!"
    X= $4k

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I agree Bob. I've got a White Limited on order and would definitely appreciate having a choice of seat colors.