Thread: footpegs

Spyder Garage

Default footpegs

So, I managed to get the wife on the display Spyder at the dealer when I went to pick up the Strom today.

She has a bad knee & hip, so she likes to sit with her legs more stretched out than the passenger pegs allow. She made the comment that if she could use the rider's pegs she'd be feeling pretty good.

So that brought to mind the old Honda 3 wheeler pegs that were really long. Long enough for somebody sitting on the back fender to put their feet outside the rider's feet on the pegs (I was young and foolish, what can I say?).

And that made me wonder if anyone has thought of using something like that instead of foot boards or dropped pegs etc. for passenger use? Or am I just crazy?

Spyder Garage

just crazy ......
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tatt2r View Post
    just crazy ......
    figgered...

Spyder Garage

lol... just kidding do what you have to do to make it work for you
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tatt2r View Post
    lol... just kidding do what you have to do to make it work for you
    Yeah, I knew you were kidding. Doesn't matter though. After 2 crashes in 10 1/2 months my ego is almost non-existent anyway.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bimjo View Post
    ...wife...likes to sit with her legs more stretched out than the passenger pegs allow. She made the comment that if she could use the rider's pegs she'd be feeling pretty good.

So that brought to mind the old Honda 3 wheeler pegs that were really long. Long enough for somebody sitting on the back fender to put their feet outside the rider's feet on the pegs (I was young and foolish, what can I say?).

And that made me wonder if anyone has thought of using something like that instead of foot boards or dropped pegs etc. for passenger use? Or am I just crazy?
    Hmmm... I don't know, Bimjo...

I have a 1974 Honda ATC three wheeler with those huge pegs. Let me see if they'd swap out easily for the stock ones, or maybe with a Kury or somesuch adapter. I'll check tonight, as my lovely bride had the same complaint on long rides.

Our last long ride together, we did the "highway peg dance" where she uses my pegs while I use the highway pegs, then everybody does a little two-step when I need to shift in a hurry!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jeuchler View Post
    Hmmm... I don't know, Bimjo...

I have a 1974 Honda ATC three wheeler with those huge pegs. Let me see if they'd swap out easily for the stock ones, or maybe with a Kury or somesuch adapter. I'll check tonight, as my lovely bride had the same complaint on long rides.

Our last long ride together, we did the "highway peg dance" where she uses my pegs while I use the highway pegs, then everybody does a little two-step when I need to shift in a hurry!
    Thanks jeuchler, that peg dance thing would be what I'd be trying to avoid. Though it'd less of an issue with a SE & a hand brake I suppose.

Spyder Garage

Bimjo, try something like this.

Happy Owner
    Chances are the referenced post is positive in nature, may result in a solution, alteration, modification, or highlights an extraordinary event or ride, that's worth posting.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I had a window of opportunity to take these photos of the three wheeler pegs, then the hurricane effects started up again...

Left peg 1974 Honda ATC:

Close view of underside:

I think an extension adapter like TwoDog's clean mod above might be safer, involve less reworking, and look...well...more elegant!.
    Last edited by jeuchler; 07-27-2008 at 06:19 AM.

Spyder Garage

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback and that's probably how I'll have to go. Her comment prompted the original question. I mean she's got like a 48" inseam or something.

Ok, not quite that long, but we're the same height & her legs are at least 2" longer than mine. Not that that's bad, ya know?

Hope the hurricane hasn't done any damage!
    Last edited by Bimjo; 07-27-2008 at 09:41 AM.

Spyder Garage

Where did you get the pegs extension?