Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfuzz needs help

As many of you know I have been either in the hospital or rehab from Oct 1st to December 28th won't go into a lot of detail because I have done so in the past. I will only say I am home thank the Lord and am walking with a walker. My sat idle for 3 months. Needless to say the battery was dead. I charged it up and it started right away. My problem is I can not shift into reverse? First gear and neutral work fine. Manual says take key out and reinsert it. I did . Called dealer and asked could I drive it in and he said better not we will pick it up. (For $80). Is there something I can do and will it hurt something if I drive it in. I have not tried to drive it to see if the other gears work. I have a 2012 SE Limited.

Spyder Garage

Default i have read

that when you remove the key you need to take the key out of range of the bike for a lil time so that everything can reset than re insert the key and try it
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    that when you remove the key you need to take the key out of range of the bike for a lil time so that everything can reset than re insert the key and try it
    The maximum range of the transponder chip key is about an inch from the ignition switch.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Roger could be onto something...
    Could it be, that you're not getting enough pressure onto the reverse button when you're hitting the backshift paddle?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Reverse

I asked about how to get my 2012 Limited to go into reverse. Got some responses, none worked. Also asked can I drive it 30 miles without tearing anything up..Dealer wants $80 to haul it 30 miles.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You have to realize that none of us have seen exactly what your bike is doing...
    But if getting into reverse was the sole problem; riding it to the dealership should not hurt anything else...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Reverse

I asked about how to get my 2012 Limited to go into reverse. Got some responses, none worked. Also asked can I drive it 30 miles without tearing anything up..Dealer wants $80 to haul it 30 miles.

Spyder Garage

Default Reverse

I had similar problems with my 2010RT. It turned out that the Reverse Actuator had a ruptured boot and it allowed dirt and grime to get in. Eventually the actuator quit working. I Replaced the actuator and everything worked fine. The cost was minimal. I think you can drive to the dealer with no problem

Bootie-The Grievous Angel
    2015 F3-S, ISCI Handbrake, F4 32" Windshield, Zumo 660 GPS, Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Default Have to agree..!!

that if reverse is the only problem ryding to the shop should not be a problem. Could even help loosen things up and get it working. Check that all fuses and relays are well seated and give it a ryde around the block if all feels good go on to the dealer...be safe..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Reverse

Thanks a lot I'll drive it