Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Joe,

Can you tell us what length screws you needed for those adjustable deflectors?
    I will measure one later today, after our ride.

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
    Is the turn signal off switch any better than on previous models? Hopefully you got one that works as it should.

I lived with a crappy one til it finally malfunctioned and the replacement works great.
    Seems to work ok

Cruzr Joe

2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    I will measure one later today, after our ride.
    Thanks!
    We've got a pretty well-stocked Ace Harware up here; I'm sure that I can find what I'll need, if I have an idea of what to look for!
    (Ignore my post on the air vent thread...)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Hi Cruzr Joe,
    Cool ride. Is your ride a pitbull or lamonster edition? I've read about special editions on this website.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by figmotoday View Post
    Hi Cruzr Joe,
    Cool ride. Is your ride a pitbull or lamonster edition? I've read about special editions on this website.
    Stock from the Factory, not counting my mods

Spyder Garage

Joe,

Can you tell us what length screws you needed for those adjustable deflectors?

Use the same bolt that is on there only 1/2 " instead of 3/4 ", works fine.

Cruzr Joe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

did they just change to a different mounting flange for them?

Spyder Garage

Hey Joe,

I may or may not be interested in a 2014 RT, "but I might", "but I probably wont", "text me"

I do appreciate your first appraisal of the 2014 RT and I will follow your future post to see what changes. We've all tested vehicles and then realized certain things as time goes by so I'm very interested and entertained by your post. Keep it up!

Get some miles on it and report back if you don't mind, Take the wife so we can get her perspective as well

Its nice you have the weather to do so, it just rose above zero here for the first time in days

Ryde on,

Kevin
    ​KMORT44

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the review Joe.
    Love the fact of all the positive responses from all the new owners!
    Also appreciate the general consensus from you guys that BajaRon's Sway Bar is still a improved upgrade for the 14's.
    I'll be ordering my Spyder next week at the bike show and already plan on working on them throwing the labour in to install my Tri-Axis bars to sweeten the deal so now I'll add the sway bar as well!
    I figure with the Spyder landing at the dealer with the Frunk already off how long could it take to mount the heim links and the bar...
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    In my opinion, there is nothing prettier than a clean and shiny black vehicle. I've owned many and even a timeless black Spyder (which was beautiful).

In my garage
    2003 Wing Trike. Black
    2011 Yukon. Black
    2012 Ford Fusion. Black
    2013 Jeep Wrangler. Yep. Black!

All vehicles get dirty, but I like nothing better than clean black vehicle.

Oh,,, and Joe on that beautiful new black ride!
    Last edited by SteveMac; 01-12-2014 at 12:42 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Steve,
    Is it enough to make you think about taking another "peek over the fence"?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kmort44 View Post
    Hey Joe,

I may or may not be interested in a 2014 RT, "but I might", "but I probably wont", "text me"

I do appreciate your first appraisal of the 2014 RT and I will follow your future post to see what changes. We've all tested vehicles and then realized certain things as time goes by so I'm very interested and entertained by your post. Keep it up!

Get some miles on it and report back if you don't mind, Take the wife so we can get her perspective as well

Its nice you have the weather to do so, it just rose above zero here for the first time in days

Ryde on,

Kevin

TAKE THE WIFE!!!!!! Hell, i can't get her to let me go alone

cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

did they just change to a different mounting flange for them?

Maybe i just had the wrong screws to start with

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Default New RT

Cruzr Joe
    Hey Joe, glad to hear you finally got your Spyder! Hope the waiting was worth it! According to a friend down in Orlando, Fl., who just recently got his, it is a definite improvement! Hope to see you one of these days!
    Sue & Mike
    RTS-SE6 Limited (Congac)
    Hot Springs Village, Ar.

Billet Spyder license plate, grip buddies, Shortee antenna, XM Radio, air deflectors, cb radio, sheepskin seat cover.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

TAKE THE WIFE!!!!!! Hell, i can't get her to let me go alone
    She KNOWS what you're capable of!

Thanks for that info; I'm hoping that the dealer will simply install mine before I pick it up, but I'd best be prepared...

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Steve,
    Is it enough to make you think about taking another "peek over the fence"?
    Not likely Bob. At least not in the foreseeable future.

But I am happy for all those enjoying their new rides!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the review! Keep them coming as you put the miles on!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default Next day ride

Second verse, same as the first except that today i got to see the reverse fans in action, that is pretty cool.

Enjoying the ride, 110 Miles today

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

The 2014 RT has a PTT button but the 2014 accessories catalog states the CB communication system is for 2013 and prior. So does the BRP CB comm system work on a 2014?
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    The 2014 RT has a PTT button but the 2014 accessories catalog states the CB communication system is for 2013 and prior. So does the BRP CB comm system work on a 2014?

I don't Know

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

​Is the rear wheel tire valve still in the same place that requires the nimbleness of Gumby to check the pressure?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Somebody should have noticed if it had been moved by now...
    But as far as shortcomings go... that's a pretty small one to worry about!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stillriding View Post
    ​Is the rear wheel tire valve still in the same place that requires the nimbleness of Gumby to check the pressure?
    YES

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Perhaps that'll be the "Big Change" for NEXT year!