Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Love it cuznjohn!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Spyder Garage

My list of improvements:
    1. Rear high mount brake light
    2. Light/turn signals on rear of fenders
    3. Bajaron sway bar
    4. Highway pegs
    5. Chaps
    6. GPS mount
    7. Horn louder than the horns of hades
    8. Soft saddlebag and trunk luggage (liners)i
    9. Chap stick for lips
    10. Plan routes in advance--even several hours in advance--including gas stops
    11. Camera
    12. Band aids
    13. Plus the stuff mentioned above
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Spyder Garage

SPOT instant messenger...best use: family an friends tracking your travels on googlemaps most important use satellite communicator for breakdown or worse....works when cell phones wont

Trip planetailed itinerary, similar to an aircraft flight plan detailed to include vehicle description, lic number, expected route of travel and eta's
    As an emergency services provider, it is a lot easier to locate a lost soul with this info...leave this info with a responsible friend or family member, with instructions to contact 911 if your overdue or dont check in..

Spyder Garage

Default Get a copy of Scotty's list

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    The Spyder RT is an accomplished touring machine as delivered. If you want more comfort, performance, storage, visibility, etc., there are ways to accomplish them.....but they are not really necessary at all. I do recommend carrying a few extra tools and supplies, depending on your needs, itinerary, and capabilities. I highly recommend an extra quart of oil, funnel, shop towels, first aid kit, tire plugger and compressor, and spare fuel in a motorcycle-safe container. I also recommend spare gloves and socks, rainsuit, something to clean the windshield without scratching it, a spare key, and $100 tucked away someplacesafe and inconspicuous in case you need cash. ...and don't forget your credit card and cell phone. My personal list of "junk in the trunk" goes further still, but those are my own Boy Scout sort of preparedness. Yours may differ.
    other than personal items I used Scotty (Nancy's toys) list. Travel everywhere in USA and Canada weeks on end..recommend AAA RV roadside coverage. Saved my $$ budget a couple times in 70k miles
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Karyl,
    Have youg to your maps spread out yet?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Wow, what a great response! Now I understand why some of you may have trailers behind your Spyder. I'm really impressed with the feedback. Plenty of good advice about some tweaks to the Spyder and improving the ryder - me. No kidding, I had several "doh" moments when I realized all the improvements I need to make in my packing list and preparation for a trip.

I also downloaded an app that lists some of the Spyder trouble codes, especially since I just had my first "DPS" code pop up. I immediately pulled over, shut off the Spyder (probably not a good idea as if its running, leave it on), said some harsh words and restarted. All was good as the code was gone and it hasn't come back either. Who would have thought Andrew Dice Clay was a Spyder whisperer
    KS