Thread: Spyder and Snow

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder and Snow

Spyder got its 1st taste of snow when I left the garage door open while I ran the snowblower
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RTSS , Cogna/ black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Your picture illustrates exactly why I'm no longer in Missouri. Heck, yesterday I mowed the grass with no shirt on! (75 degrees) Then I took missourigirl on a 70-myle ryde through the countrysyde. Then I took another solo ryde for 80 myles this morning.

The last time I actually saw snow was December 2005, and that was by accident when we didn't get away at our usual time...

Enjoy your snowblower!
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Is that the 2014 model snowblower??? LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Don't let the Spyder get out!!They do not like snow too much!Even a little sciff this past fall and mine was spinning like crazy! Luckily she is resting beside the wood stove until spring!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Your Spyder will be fine with snow on it. Not so good with snow under it...
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by missouriboy View Post
    Your picture illustrates exactly why I'm no longer in Missouri. Heck, yesterday I mowed the grass with no shirt on! (75 degrees) Then I took missourigirl on a 70-myle ryde through the countrysyde. Then I took another solo ryde for 80 myles this morning.

The last time I actually saw snow was December 2005, and that was by accident when we didn't get away at our usual time...

Enjoy your snowblower!
    As I sit here gazing out the window at snow falling at a rate of an inch an hour, I feel the anticipation of running the snow blower first thing in the morning. A prediction of 10" of new fluffy stuff accompanied with 20 to 30 mile per winds and a fresh temperature of -2deg.F. I can't wait . (Only 150 ft. of driveway) The only thing that excites me more is the arrival of the Russell Day Long Seat we ordered last month. Spring will not come soon enough, I really don't line snow on the Spyder, but leaving through the Snow Blower is OK.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Frank G View Post
    As I sit here gazing out the window at snow falling at a rate of an inch an hour, I feel the anticipation of running the snow blower first thing in the morning. A prediction of 10" of new fluffy stuff accompanied with 20 to 30 mile per winds and a fresh temperature of -2deg.F. I can't wait . (Only 150 ft. of driveway) The only thing that excites me more is the arrival of the Russell Day Long Seat we ordered last month. Spring will not come soon enough, I really don't line snow on the Spyder, but leaving through the Snow Blower is OK.
    Here in Vermont we have a Winter Weather Advisory until 6:00 am Monday, ( Sleet, Freezing Rain, Some ice accumulation ) Temps today were in the 30's to 40's Then Tuesday temp's drop, blustery and colder ( Wind chill's to -20 blow) Spring can not get here fast enough so I can start riding my . Deanna777
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We've got freezing rain here... A quarter-inch right now; and growing!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    We've got freezing rain here... A quarter-inch right now; and growing!!
    Spring can not here f a s t enough. Right now we have nothing yet, But after midnight we will have rain, Freezing rain etc. Temp's are cool.
    Deanna777
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Cold here in eastern MN too!! -35 with the wind chill and dropping to -48 by 10pm!! Forecast for tomorrow is worse. 3M is shutting down for tomorrow!!! A first since we've lived here. Stay warm SpyderLovers!!!
    HAPPY SPYDER OWNER
    BRP 1" riser, Trunk liner & Fog Lights. NMN Triple Play & Turn Signal LED, Double Play, Front Fender Tips Kit, Mudflap Light Kit, Center Tail Light. 3" Handlebar Riser Kit, Adj. Footrest Brackets & Axle Caps, and Chad Windshield. Kuryakyn Spider pegs & mounts, ISO Grips, & Throttle Boss. J&M radio (Custom Bracket). Evoluzione Power Bus. DEI Exhaust Wrap. AudioVox Cruise Control (Custom Bracket). Gerbing Electric clothing socket.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    Spring can not here f a s t enough. Right now we have nothing yet, But after midnight we will have rain, Freezing rain etc. Temp's are cool.
    Deanna777
    Keep the rock salt ready; it's coming, and it's miserable!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

]Your picture illustrates exactly why I'm no longer in Missouri. Heck, yesterday I mowed the grass with no shirt on! (75 degrees) Then I took missourigirl on a 70-myle ryde through the countrysyde. Then I took another solo ryde for 80 myles this morning.

Enjoy your snowblower! [/QUOTE]

Still working everyday. Maybe find a warmer climate in a few years when we retire, though I am not sure I can pull Grandma away from the granddaughter.
    2014 RTSS , Cogna/ black

Spyder Garage

Default Sorry..!!

you guys are getting hit hard..could say I know what it is like but while I lived in those areas I did not have a roadster. I got it after I left the area. At the time I had a sport wing which I sold to a gut in New Jersey and headed out west. Wife and I bought a house quit our jobs and came out here to start over..hope you have a short winter cause mild has been shot down...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

So far so good in South Central Alaska. Not to much snow (about a foot and a half on the ground). It was 30 degrees above zero in Chugiak today. Warm enough to get the snow avalanching off my roof.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 01-10-2014 at 08:28 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Netminder View Post
    Don't let the Spyder get out!!They do not like snow too much!Even a little sciff this past fall and mine was spinning like crazy! Luckily she is resting beside the wood stove until spring!
    We got caught in about 3" of snow, but made it home fine. Yep, some hills and curves.
    araknd

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Boy you guys are brave! They might be alright on pavement with a bit of snow, but any other terrain and you'll be screwed! Plus can't say I would want salt getting into certain areas on a Spyder! (Just ask Dave and Teddy)Personally mine gets put away at the first sign of the white stuff. They are defenitely warm weather beasts! JMHO!

Spyder Garage

What is this snow blower thing you speak of?

If we even get a hint of snow they go bananas down here. Rush to the store for a 24 pack of beer, 50 lbs of dog food, bread and milk. I was born and raised in the Peoples Republic of Maryland. So I know what snow is.
    Last edited by bruiser; 01-06-2014 at 09:27 AM.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Orange View Post
    Spyders do just fine on snow and can be a lot of fun!

I agree . . . Spyders don't fear snow. As long as the roads are dry, they are happy to be ridden. Ask Lamont or Harvey Clark how many folks showed up last Saturday in Remington VA for the "Polar Bear" Laser Alignment Party! Snow Ride.jpg

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

All the VA folks had to ride in snow and ice this weekend to get their Spyder alignments. You folks are hardcore.

Oh and a bunch of them were GOS Girls On Spyders

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That picture looks like a bunch of hardcore sledders getting ready to ride Big Moose!

Spyder Garage

-40 wind chills today, -15 actual. The Spyder is hybernating in heated storage, dreaming of going 110 down a country back highway.
    2012 Spyder RS SM5 - Steel Black Metallic "The Murder"
    Southern Cruisers Riding Club - Chapter 072 - Northern Illinois
    Two Brothers M2 Pipe; TB Juice Box; Hartco Custom Saddle; Rivco Driver Floorboards; Rivco Heel Toe Shifter; ESI Highway Pegs & Brackets; ESI 4.5" Easy Riser Handlebar Risers; BajaRon Sway Bar; Cycle Sounds Series 3 200 Watt Sound System; 14" Touring Windshield; Custom Dynamics Mirror Extensions; Kuryakyn ISO Grips; Kuryakyn Throttle Boss; Kuryakyn End Weights; Frunk Liner.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

A laser alignment is probably the only reason I would take the Spyder out in the snow!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Orange View Post
    Spyders do just fine on snow and can be a lot of fun!

That's not snow. That's just white grass.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But it's almost enough for sledding...
    And a real BLAST on an ATV!