Thread: Mud Flap

Spyder Garage

Default Mud Flap

The wife got me the Mud Flap for ole blue for Christmas, we got it put on.
    spyderflap.jpg

Two thumb up for sponsor Spyderflap.com everything needed was included and instructions covered the details, including a caution about drilling through into the rear tire. It is easy to forget that as a drill breaks through the plastic it can pull the bit deep real fast..

Once again a great product, curious to see how it changes the rain being drawn up and over from the rear onto the passengers back.
    2015 Intense Red Pearl RTS SE6 - Laser Alignment by Precisyon Trac, Tri-Axis handle bars, ? to be determined.

2014 XLR Viper 305V14 Toyhauler (Home)
    2015 Ram 3500HD Crew Cab

Former Spyders
    2010 Blue RT A&C SE5 53K plus miles - never left us stranded!
    2013 Pure Magnesium Metallic ST SE5 11K plus miles - never left us stranded!

Spyder Garage

What is the word Spyder made of ? I will order one of these but for 30 bucks more for the Spyder word ?
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Default Nicely done..!!

always nice to have complete and accurate installation instructions with all the nessasary parts. Congrats to both..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

A mudflap should be standard on a Spyder, they will rooster tail anything on the road.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Mudflap

I put one on mine and I love it...back does not get near as dirty as it did from crap off the road...

Spyder Garage

Thank you all for the great feedback! We pride ourselves in delivering prompt service along with explicit instructions to make things easy.
    For the gentleman that asked about what the Spyder emblem is made of, it is a molded metal casting with a polished chrome plated surface.
    This emblem costs me close to the $30.00 difference as charged. It is a great looking item on the mud flap, well worth the difference in price.

Please visit SPYDERFLAP.COM for more information. Thanks again, and Happy New Year! Bob

Spyder Garage

Have to agree with "recordingguy" It does look really nice. Just installed mine last week. I did follow the instructions to the letter and still looked lopsided but then I realized that the trailer hitch is not symmetrical which brings the flap closer to one side than the other. (yes, I uninstalled and remeasured everything)

2013-12-31 11.54.49.jpg

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=spyderbirds;739140]The wife got me the Mud Flap for ole blue for Christmas, we got it put on.
    spyderflap.jpg

Two thumb up for sponsor Spyderflap.com everything needed was included and instructions covered the details, including a caution about drilling through into the rear tire. It is easy to forget that as a drill breaks through the plastic it can pull the bit deep real fast..

Once again a great product, curious to see how it changes the rain being drawn up and over from the rear onto the passengers back. I also put one on my wife's 2013RT and it looks great. The folks riding behind her love it also, they don't get as much road crap thrown at them. I painted the screws flat black so they aren't so noticable. Great Product.

Spyder Garage

I have also installed one on my wife's 2013RT and it looks great. The bikes following her love it also, not as much road stuff is thrown at them. I painted the screws flat black so they aren't as notiable. Great instructions, great product. If you can afford a Spyder, you can afford the extra bucks for the Spyder emblem on the flap, just saying.

Spyder Garage

I like the looks of the mudflap and will keep it under consideration as a farkle for the 2014.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default I turned mine around...

Quote Originally Posted by billpowell View Post
    I have also installed one on my wife's 2013RT and it looks great. The bikes following her love it also, not as much road stuff is thrown at them. I painted the screws flat black so they aren't as notiable. Great instructions, great product. If you can afford a Spyder, you can afford the extra bucks for the Spyder emblem on the flap, just saying.

and it's all black. I didn't get the "Spyder" emblem and I wasn't crazy about the piping so I installed it backwards. It looks real nice.

I like the idea of painting the screws flat black. I think i'll try that.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    I like the idea of painting the screws flat black. I think i'll try that.
    YES ... the screws really do need to be black. The stainless jumps out too much.

- Bob

2014 Spyder Ltd. Silver Platinum Satin

Spyder Garage

Default SpyderFlap

Totally Awesome product with an incredible customer service ! Thanks SpyderFlap !

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I didn't think I needed one until I just had a BRP hitch installed....Looks like the hitch ball is going to get all sorts of slop and rocks thrown at it..Ordered mine today!!!..(ebay gift cards..gotta love em!)...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclelover63 View Post
    I didn't think I needed one until I just had a BRP hitch installed....Looks like the hitch ball is going to get all sorts of slop and rocks thrown at it..Ordered mine today!!!..(ebay gift cards..gotta love em!)...
    The hitch ball (and trailer) catch a lot of crud. I don't use the silly mudflap that came with the hitch, so mine gets even more. When the trailer is not attached I just slip a hitch ball cover over the ball. They only cost a few buck in any trailer section of a big box or auto parts store.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Many of you have asked will Don't Eat The Mud
    be a vendor at Spyderfest 2014...Yes we will!
    Please stop by and say hi. Will also be offering
    install service. See ya soon. Bob and Susan

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    A mudflap should be standard on a Spyder, they will rooster tail anything on the road.

Cruzr Joe
    here's how I cured mine. $20 on ebay.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GUZZI :
    2020 RTL blue

Spyder Garage

Just wondering, does the mud flap need to be removed when changing the rear tire?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Just wondering, does the mud flap need to be removed when changing the rear tire?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    I see no reason except for height clearance. If you need to take it off it comes off very easy. Hope this helps. Bob

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post

Cruzr Joe
    yep my next mod/farkle, lol

Just placed an order,
    Last edited by SAPD911; 02-26-2014 at 02:46 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default My Install Version of the RT Doneatmud Mudflap w/ a TricLed Emblem Added

Spyder Garage

Default Mud Flap with LED light reflecting

20140503_114031_resized.jpg
    Installed my mud flap at Spyderfest. My LED under glow lighting shows up really neat on the flap! Thanks guys, I love it.