Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Turn signal lamp

OK, I can't find my owners manual at this time. Wifes 2011 RT has a bad left front turn signal lamp. Can anyone tell me what lamp # to get, and how to get to it. I don't see any screws at first glance.
    Joe in Modesto

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

These are not bulbs, but LED(?) flasher units. MSRP is $113 each. Best to have the teh take car of it if you are not handy, as the mirror has to be dismantled and that often results in breaking the cover. If you have an extended warranty it may be covered if it is LED. Be aware that the problem could also lie in the switch or the cluster...and the flasher may be OK.

Spyder Garage

Or probably the connector behind the miror?
    Spyder RT LTD 2018 SE6 ASPHALT GREY METALLIC - DARK EDITION( Wife)
    Spyder F3T 2016 LTD Black Special Édition
    French Spyder Forum
    SpyderTeam Rive-Sud MTL

Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/spyderteam/
    Twitter
    https://twitter.com/SpyderTeam_ca

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I just got off phone with our dealer. He said that the turn signal lamp is indeed a "module" and not covered under warranty. Previous poster was correct, price $113 plus $60 to install. Seems like an awful lot for a turn signal especially since we only have about 6000 miles on spyder.
    Has any one else had this replace under warranty?

Joe in Modesto

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

I'd contact BRP Customer Care and see if they would pave the way to have it warranteed...or at least provide the parts. An LED assembly should not fail that that quickly, even in continuous use. The problem very well may lie elsewhere...mosy likely the connector, switch, or possibly the cluster. The dealer should certainly repair any of those under warranty (unless you have removed the mirrors yourself and left a connector loose). California dealers seem to be the pits when it comes to customer service.

Spyder Garage

You need to contact BRP customer service. The LED module is indeed covered under the new and extended warranties. It is not a 'lamp'. BRP will make arrangements with your dealer. Good luck with the dealer, there seem to be very few decent ones.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Please let us all know what happens next; Good Luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If the entire module is dead, it is most likely something other than the LEDs themselves. As others have said, connection, wire or possible broken wire at the input to the module. With a little work, it may be a fairly simple fix once the real problem is found.

Spyder Garage

Default Check with BRP

I had twice this experiences with Motor Cafe in Sunnyvale, a local dealer that told me that he checked with BRP and my issue was not covered, after I called BRP I was told that they never called regarding my bike since there is no record of any call on my VIN number. When there is a call regarding an issue form the dealer to BRP they are recording it, just be aware.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Little checking..!!

have you had any work done recently requiring removal of the mirror..I would check the wires and proper connection and possible pinching or cut...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I tried to call customer service, but unfortunately they are on eastern time and closed by the time I get home from work in California. I did fill out the on-line form so hopefully they will respond. The problem popped up after having the parking brake repaired by dealer. I don't see what connection could be made there but you never know. I'll keep you all posted on my progress (or lack of).
    Joe in Modesto

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jomamma1 View Post
    I tried to call customer service, but unfortunately they are on eastern time and closed by the time I get home from work in California. I did fill out the on-line form so hopefully they will respond. The problem popped up after having the parking brake repaired by dealer. I don't see what connection could be made there but you never know. I'll keep you all posted on my progress (or lack of).
    Joe in Modesto
    Sounds like the dealer failed to reconnect the mirror properly. It is his responsibility, but they have already given you a shovel full of BS, so I wouldn't expect much satisfaction. Remove the mirror yourself, fish out the wiring connector if necessary, and reconnect it. I'm betting that will put you back in business. The mirrors have to come off to remove body panels, which is necessary to repair the front parking brake drum or the switch. They just plain screwed things up...and now they want you to pay the price.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I finally heard back from BRP customer service today. They want me to take my wife's Spyder back to dealer and have them make a determination of exactly what the problem is and then have them call BRP. So that is where we are at now. May be able to take it in Saturday. I'll keep you all posted.

Joe in Modesto

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default The results are in

Took my wifes 2011 RTL back to dealer today for repair of turn signal. It took all of 10 minutes to determine that the connector had come loose. I suggested that it must have came loose when they worked on Spyder's parking brake last week. They replied that it probably just worked loose. Anyway, the fixed it and didn't charge me anything.

All's well than ends well.
    Joe in Modesto

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage