Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

If you have a problem with a member of your family who is negative, begin by writing a list of all the things you appreciate about that person. Remember to include gratitude to them for giving you a great desire for positivity in your life; because that is a gift they are giving you. As you focus with all of your strength on appreciation, you will not only reduce your exposure to the negativity, but at the same time you will be attracting positive people into your life.

Get yourself on to the appreciation frequency, and the law of attraction can only surround you with people who are in a positive state.

Spyder Garage

Cool So, did I tell u about us get'n stopped by the Rangers while ryde'n on Sunday???

Devou Park's finest walked out in front of Ted's Red Sled in the middle of the road and waved us to pull over to the side of the road.... OH NO!!! NOW WHAT HAVE WE DONE??It got up to around 40F degrees and dry, so we had to ryde. Went up to Devou Park & was watching all the kids sled ryding when the park Ranger walks right out in front of us and waves us over to the side of the road, blocking half of it cause I didn't want to park in the snow. I was starting to worry & thinking, uh oh, have I forgotten my new tags, insurance or what?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 01-29-2014 at 01:35 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Ford Profit Sharing

profit sharing check for 8800.00 should solve alot of problems, no ?
    Last edited by coz; 01-29-2014 at 06:53 AM.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    profit sharing check for 8800.00 should solve alot of problems, no ?
    After taxes, about $4600.00.

Spyder Garage

Default 4600

sure beats a jab in the eye.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=coz;75117profit sharing check for 8800.00 should solve alot of problems, no ?[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Frank G View Post
    After taxes, about $4600.00.
    Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    sure beats a jab in the eye.
    No doubt, every little bit helps, and I'm thankful for what we get. Sadly, the amount quoted is the average payout based on hours worked & since the department I recently left was downsized, I frequently got sent home & often didn't even get 40 hours a week, so my payout is likely to be on the low end, but again, something beats the heck out of nothing.

Spyder Garage

Unhappy

on a spur of the moment road trip to Michigan now we're just sitting here because we ran into a snowstorm and there appears to be a major accident on the highway is closed teddy is taking it really well he just lay down and take a nap which is surprising I thought he would be anxious and wanting to go go go, but he's fine with just taking a nap, wish I could do the same. I pray for those involved. Looks like we're in Milan, MI, our first trip ever & now I remember why I much rather to head south & not North.

Spyder Garage

PS..... I almost opted to take the sled & camper, but thankfully, we're in the Cougar where its warm.

Spyder Garage

Exclamation After the MI road-trip from Hell Frozen Over we almost had another runin with the Law

I have so much to share, its been a while, so much has been happening I'm not even sure where to start.

Teddy's coat is at the longest stage and neither one of us can stand it. He licks to clean himself so much more now, and that in turn causes his collapsing trachea to get more aggrevated requiring more frequent dosing with his meds, which we got the sled out today (almost 60F) and rode to his vet to pick up the base medicine since his vet taught me how to mix it myself.

On the ryde there, it was our first time on the sled in over a week, and Teddy is a bad influence on me and he told me to open her up and clean out the pipes when we hit the Interstate. Too bad he wasn't watching the on-ramps to see the Blue-Light Special sitting there running radar. I won't say publicly just how fast we were going, but it was going UP The Cut In The Hill where the speed limit is only 55MPH & lets just say, where we live, it would have been considered time to go to jail. As soon as I saw the blue lights light up in the rear-view mirror of the sled, I looked down at the Speedo and about ****** my pants. Knowing I was 'busted' and knowing I was most probably heading to jail, I didn't want to leave the sled on the Interstate waiting for the flat-bed to come and take it away to impound, so I figured it best to abruptly go from the high speed lane all the way across the Interstate and take that very next exit that was so quickly approaching. I figured I'd pull off the highway there, and into one of the business's lots so it was a safer situation to deal with the officer and also for the tow-truck to impound the sled. Honestly, that was my thinking, and as soon as I exited the Interstate, I pulled into the lot of the closest business and sat there.... praying. After a few seconds, I noticed the blue-lights from the cop car was still on the Interstate and it appeared that he got into the High Speed Lane thinking he was going to get behind me to pull me over, but by the time he had, we had already crossed all the lanes of traffic and took the exit, I'm guessing without him seeing us do so, cause he was too late to make our exit and was still flying down the Interstate.

Granted, it could have been a coincidence and he may have gotten another call at exactly the same time we passed him doing almost triple digits, but somehow, I really doudbt that. I actually waited there about 3 minutes and then figured it best that we be on our way.... thanking our lucky stars and at a more reasonable speed..... to say the least

And to think, that would have been our 3rd experience with a law inforcement officer in the past week...... and I'm still not in jail Guess I have Teddy to thank for the other 2 experiences which I'll get to at a later writing.

Word to the wise, when you get your Spyder out for a ryde after a long time of impatiently awaiting winters cruel grip on the landscape, be cautious of just how tightly you grip that throttle. Make it a good experience and not one where you need to change your drawers when its over
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 02-02-2014 at 04:03 AM.

Spyder Garage

Unhappy

20140201_151111.jpgWhat it looks like here in Northern KY

20140130_213339.jpgThe closed Interstate in MI last night

20140130_203128.jpgThe snow drifts in MI that were taller than our car.

Spyder Garage

Cool Pics from yesterday of the lil star doing what he does best

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sounds like you dodged a bullet from the law
    Sold my 14 RTS went back to 2 wheels.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE

Spyder Garage

Fleeing and eluding. Teddy's gonna have a rap sheet if this keeps up.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=CyncySpyder;749820]At Popeyes wait'n for a fry
    =

What breed of dog is Teddy? He looks like my Schipperke with a tail.

Spyder Garage

Glad it worked out for you with the blue light special. Sounds like you dodged a bullet there.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Dave

sorry to hear how your year started but glad to know you are moving forward

how is Teddys throat doing? hope all is well

are you going to Spyderfest? If so we need to hook up for lunch or dinner or something - been a long time since I've seen the 2 of you

regards

jeff
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

[QUOTE=Khaki;753601]
    Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    At Popeyes wait'n for a fry
    =

Teddy is just the cutest Pomeranian, not to mention the smartest and the most personable!!

He sent me a Christmas card in 2013!!

Spyder Garage

Wink

[QUOTE=Khaki;753601]
    2010-07-14 12.34.03.jpgAt Popeyes wait'n for a fry
    =

With his full winter coat, Teddy does look very much like a Schipperke, especially since he only has half of his regular tail, which he lost to his sibblings soon after birth but he's actually a pure bred Pomeranian with an attitude & style like no other He's solid black with 3 white toes on his rear right paw, a blaze of white chest hair & as he's getting older (5y/o) he's getting a white goatee around his muzzle

Here are some pics from the early years
    2010-07-14 13.34.49.jpg2-27-11 TeddysNewCut 011.jpg3-1-11-SpyderWash 013.jpgIpad 537.JPG
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 02-02-2014 at 08:47 PM.

Spyder Garage

Question

Quote Originally Posted by lookerjdc View Post
    Dave
    sorry to hear how your year started but glad to know you are moving forward
    how is Teddys throat doing? hope all is wellare you going to Spyderfest? If so we need to hook up for lunch or dinner or something - been a long time since I've seen the 2 of you
    regards jeff
    I wish I could say, but as of yet, I can not. I think I've finally got my work situation settled, and should hopefully be on my last overnight 5pm-5am shift tonight, and start Tuesday on day-shift 5am-5pm in what should be my new permenant department, tho sadly, still on this AWS (Alternative Work Schedule =Work Tue Wed off Thu Fri Work Sat Sun Mon OFF Tue Wed Work Thu Fri OFF Sat Sun Mon & then everything repeats every other week, all 12 hour shifts from 5am-5pm) which really makes planning a bit more difficult. I had saved up 40 hrs of vacation time, but depending on which week it is I would need to take off, I would actually need to have 48 hours to have the week off.

With the way everything has been financially, I have not been able to make any plans at all so far for 2014 & will have to wait til after tax's and our profit sharing to see where we stand..... financially speaking. So we don't have any reservations anywhere for any of the events at this time.

I'm hoping for the best and that with the proffit sharing and hopefully a decent tax refund, I'll be able to get our finances caught up & hopefully be able to make some of the 2014 events Where there's a will, there's a way, and we'll hopefully find it
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 02-02-2014 at 08:51 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Out of the frying pan, in2 the fire and back into a different frying pan I go. . . .

Startling reality hit me today. Ignorance is never the answer.Being sheltered leads to ignorance. ?.

Spyder Garage

Default in the pokey?

Either life is really boring for poor old Teddy - cause he isn't posting any pictures or you guys finally got picked up by the police and you're in the pokey!

I'm going to just hope that you're both busy having fun and will post pictures of the adventures soon.

Spyder Garage

We all feel what you are going thu to. As for me same 2014 is turning to be much hard then we know. Take and 1day at a time...

Spyder Garage

Thumbs down nope, not in the pokey . . . . . . . yet

I know this thredhas evolved into something way more thqn just just chronicling our adventures on Teds Red Sled, but I do try to keep it centered around Teddy & Spyder centric, so that's the main reason I've been pretty quiet on here lately. Seeing as the Cincy area is in the midst of our 5th snowiest winter on record & we still have the rest of February& part of March still to go. Needless to say,we've not been ryding lately due to all the snow, ice & salt coatinh our local roads.

Spyder Garage

Smile

I'm also trying to learn to censor myself (to an extent) on here, cause now that I'm out of my old department here at work and back in the general population of the plant & often moving from one department to another, I'm becoming more well known & of course topics of discussion usually lead to Teddy & ppl want to see pics and more info & I've stupidly told many of them about our threads here on SpyderLovers, so I'm sure that a few ppl that I work with are now following along here, so I need to be cautious about what I post to avoid unwanted drama. If your not aware, working in a manufacturing plant invironment, is much like being in high school, just with a paycheck.

Spyder Garage

I know this thredhas evolved into something way more thqn just just chronicling our adventures on Teds Red Sled, but I do try to keep it centered around Teddy & Spyder centric, so that's the main reason I've been pretty quiet on here lately. Seeing as the Cincy area is in the midst of our 5th snowiest winter on record & we still have the rest of February& part of March still to go. Needless to say,we've not been ryding lately due to all the snow, ice & salt coatinh our local roads.
    Dave,

We are just Glad to hear you are not in the pokie!!
    2015 Intense Red Pearl RTS SE6 - Laser Alignment by Precisyon Trac, Tri-Axis handle bars, ? to be determined.

2014 XLR Viper 305V14 Toyhauler (Home)
    2015 Ram 3500HD Crew Cab

Former Spyders
    2010 Blue RT A&C SE5 53K plus miles - never left us stranded!
    2013 Pure Magnesium Metallic ST SE5 11K plus miles - never left us stranded!