Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Red face Dave and Teds 2014 Adventures

This will be our new thread for Teddy's Adventures in 2014.
    Teddy & I hope y'all have had a Great Holiday season these past couple of weeks

Sorry we've been so quiet lately, but we've been dealing with a lot of changes lately.One of which is that I lost my job Hold up, its not as bad as it sounds, tho my initial reaction was probably very similar to yours at the reading of that statement. Let me clarify. Yes, I lost my job that I've had for the past upteen years, and yes, its totally against my will and not my choice. Those of you that have been following along for years probably know that I kind of had it made & thought my co-worker Mary & I would be in our respective departments here at work til they phased our departments out in the summer time, and that's what we thought and kind of planned on. But the last day before our Christmas break another employee came up to me and informed me that I was on our plants reassignment letter & that he'd be taking my job. To say I was totally shocked is an understatement. I pulled it up on the computer & sure enough, there I was, being moved to another department and being forced to go to the plants AWS (Alternative Work Schedule) which I have absolutely no desire what so ever to do, but alas, have no choice. You'd think with 13 years of seniority I'd have enough time in to hold my position, but sadly, that's just not the case. There was a department phased out at the end of the year & all those employees were displaced & everything we do employee wise in the plant is based on seniority & I was bumped from my position & replaced.

Was kind of like a kick in the gut & I tried everything I could but policy is policy & nothing could be done to change it. So now I'll be going back on Sat. and work 4 - 12 hour shifts from 5am-5pm then have 3 days off then work the next 3 days of 12 hr shifts and off the next 4 days. UGH!!! Just thinking about trying to plan any trips gives me a headache.

I guess like most humans, change takes me out of my comfort zone & this is going to be a major change. Going from a 1 person department where I basically had it made & did as I pleased with only my boss to worry about to a dept having 12-15 other employees & all the drama that goes along with it......UGH!!! I've done it before & know I prefer not dealing with all that drama. I'm trying my best to keep an open mind tho & give it a chance, especially since I don't really have a choice.

Teddy & I have been working daily on fixing up our condo & getting it ready for our next challenge ...... the possibility of a room mate. Its amazing the change that can come about when one takes a tooth-brush to your refrigerator.....lol Even tho I thought I really needed to replace all the kitchen appliances cause they are all original to the condo and over 23 years old, they all still work and once detailed with a tooth-brush, they once again look really good

So much change...... Thankfully we've still been getting out & ryding almost daily, and now have right at 45,011 miles on the OD on Teds Red Sled& that's been helping greatly for me to maintain my sanity I'd hate to think of how we'd be without our Spyder Therapy

If anyone knows of anyone local to the Cincy area that may be looking for a place to live, here's a link to our Craigslist post about our condo. We've had 2 scammers that were weeded out & 2 more interested ppl I still need to talk with, and even tho I really don't like this path forward, there's little other options besides just selling and moving outright, so we'll see how this goes.

Not sure how often I'll be able to update here as I'll no longer have Web access in the new department I'm going to, so all the normal daily posts are probably not likely, but we'll update as much as possible

20140101_155443.jpg20140101_114126.jpg
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 01-02-2014 at 12:36 AM.

Spyder Garage

Dave, I'm sorry to hear about your loss of job and change of department. A suggestion on renting - you might want to contact local realtors offices as well. The do help people find renters/roommates. You also may be able to rent out your master suite as a travelers condo, they rent month to month. You just provide it furnished.

Looking forward to hearing yours and Teddy's adventures in 2014 I hope 2014 brings you financial stability and good health for both you and Teddy !
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, TricLED fender lights, TricLed Underglow kit (green), Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake

Spyder Garage

I work for a 100+ year old Company. We were bought out by another Company. The deal closed in Dec. About 40 people permanently lost their jobs! None of us like change but at least you're still employed. That's important in this day and age. Good luck in 2014!
    Last edited by mrfats; 01-02-2014 at 05:00 AM.

Spyder Garage

Dave,
    Man! I'm sorry to hear about your job. Like you said, Change is always hard to take in. I haven't been on here much lately either. I think you are staying as positive as you can, which is the best thing that you can do. I used to let the small things bother me at my work but I stopped letting that control my emotions and I am so much happier since I just go with the flow.

I hope you and Teddy have a great 2014. Hope to see you this year

Marty

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation D and T's Adventures in 14

Hang in there with the new position, it too shall become second nature. ???Did ya get your winter suit squared away??? or did I miss that update? Just think you will have 2 full days to bug about town on the sled a week. The 12 hr shifts might bog ya down some but you can do it!! Skyde says HI paw five!!!

Spyder Garage

Glad to see you back online!
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Change is uncomfortable, always. Try to focus on the good things and let the not so good slide.I spent 28 in the USAF (many on here are career something service). New base, new job/ but kind of the same somethime, new area, new house. Sometime new country.
    Good Luck and best wishes to both of you
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Default number

in work, no matter how long you have been there your just a number. i learned that a long time ago. i how ever would of tried the new hours and on my off time i would look for work and find a job b4 i left them. best of luck to you
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Default Another renter suggestion..

Quote Originally Posted by kawakii View Post
    Dave, I'm sorry to hear about your loss of job and change of department. A suggestion on renting - you might want to contact local realtors offices as well. The do help people find renters/roommates. You also may be able to rent out your master suite as a travelers condo, they rent month to month. You just provide it furnished.

Looking forward to hearing yours and Teddy's adventures in 2014 I hope 2014 brings you financial stability and good health for both you and Teddy !
    List with school districtd, fire/police dept..other "stable" industries....your odds of getting scammed are lowered. I used to be a landlord and I never listed publicly always went to those I listed....and if/when I need to rent a room to survive that is where i will again go..
    Change, if embraced, can become a blessings. YOU have much to be THANKFUL for...
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Default Hang On!

Yeah, I know that lots of people say "change is good!". But in the real world, it sucks. I'm sorry to hear that it's hit you. I know you'll make it through it, happy or not. That's just how we handle it. Keep moving forward. I hope you find someone soon that is nice for the spare room.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Best thing, Dave, is that you still have a job. I'm sure you'll get used to the new schedule.
    What's happened to Mary? As you said your department was going to get some upheaval in the summer
    so it's happened earlier than you expected but it was going to happen anyway.

Re: Looking for a roomie. I'd take Murphybrown's suggestion and contact your local essential/emergency services department.
    At least you know what you're going to get! And it could be handy having a medic, nurse or cop around!
    Smart lady that murphybrown!!
    Last edited by OJ UK; 01-02-2014 at 12:11 PM.

Spyder Garage

Cool The end of a routine..... almost

Had to take Teddy in to the vet for his anual checkup yesterday & the poor lil guy was upset. He always likes going to the vet, just despises getting his temperature taken & will actually hide his behind as much as he can, but this visit yesterday left him feeling assauted & he actually turned down treats from his favorite vet when she tried to make up with him, he just wasn't feeling it I was a little speachless myself, cause Teddy rarely ***If Ever*** turns down treats, but he did yesterday. Guess with the blood draw, temperature and having his glands expressed, it was just more than the lil guy could cope with Good news is, everything looks good so far & we're just waiting to hear about his blood work, but all indications are that all is well & I'm sure, with a little more time, he'll make up once again with his favorite vet

Since he had such a traumatic visit, I figured he could use some fun time, so even tho it was snowing like crazy yesterday, we headed to Lowes so he could make his rounds with some of his favorite employees, not to mention all the other shoppers that he gets to meet as well. Was our first big snow of the New Year, got around 3-5 inches yesterday, so we were cage'n it in the cougar & not on his Red Sled, but we still made the best of it.

While there, my phone rang & I saw it was my co-worker Mary calling, so I happily answered, knowing she was most probably going to be sad with me not joining her on the first day back from X-mas break, since I got reassigned to a new department & schedule. Sure enough, she was sad, "Its just not the same, its not right." "I know babe, but its life..... left foot, right foot, breath.... its all we can do." I said to her. "Well, I talked to the SuperIntendant, & I just can't do it, run my department & train your replacement at the same time, it aint right. I explained to him if he wanted any parts he needs to give me some help, & I suggested since your already having financial difficulties & your taxes are due, why not let you come in tomorrow which is your regularly scheduled off day & work overtime & help train the new guy. What do you think about that?" She asked. I was a little stunned at first & my initial thought was ***F them, their screwing me, so why should I help them out when I suggested that they needed someone to help train***

TBC.....................

Spyder Garage

Default Continued

***to help train in the first place, and they said they asked but it wasn't approved. Often times at work, when a trained tech is moved to a new dept. they allow them to stay a week or two to train their replacement and I was told "Sorry, mgmt won't approve it." I was looking out for them, their best interest in knowing the new person wouldn't have a clue & would need training, but my direct boss said his hands were tied & they'd just have to make due. So that's why initially I was negative in my thinking, but the reality of my financial situation came clear & I thanked Mary for talking the SuperIntendant into ok'ing me to come in today so I could help train my replacement.

I tell ya, in my previous career, when a low lever manager would come to me and ask about potential for moving up the ladder, that was one of the first things I'd talk with them about..... training their replacement so that they could advance, if they did indeed show they had what it takes to do so. But now that I'm on the opposite side of things and its not of my choosing nor desire, gotta admit, it does leave a bit of a sour taste in ones mouth.

So here I sit, in my old dept. possibly for the last time, tapping away on this keyboard & sharing our experiences with all of you. Have to say, its kind of a bit bitter-sweet moment. Figures, the entire dept. is down right now & everything they ran in training yesterday is on hold......... hmmmmmm....... fitting, huh? lol
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 01-03-2014 at 09:34 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default it was in the papers

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    ***to help train in the first place, and they said they asked but it wasn't approved. Often times at work, when a trained tech is moved to a new dept. they allow them to stay a week or two to train their replacement and I was told "Sorry, mgmt won't approve it." I was looking out for them, their best interest in knowing the new person wouldn't have a clue & would need training, but my direct boss said his hands were tied & they'd just have to make due. So that's why initially I was negative in my thinking, but the reality of my financial situation came clear & I thanked Mary for talking the SuperIntendant into ok'ing me to come in today so I could help train my replacement.

I tell ya, in my previous career, when a low lever manager would come to me and ask about potential for moving up the ladder, that was one of the first things I'd talk with them about..... training their replacement so that they could advance, if they did indeed show they had what it takes to do so. But now that I'm on the opposite side of things and its not of my choosing nor desire, gotta admit, it does leave a bit of a sour taste in ones mouth.

So here I sit, in my old dept. possibly for the last time, tapping away on this keyboard & sharing our experiences with all of you. Have to say, its a bit bitter-sweet. Figures, the entire dept. is down.

TBC...............
    a long time ago there was a story in the papers here in new york about a software writer who designed a system for payroll for his company on wall street. he was a older gentleman and he was asked to show a younger guy how to write software, so he figured his job was on the line. sure enough after a few months he was let go. but as soon as he left the software crashed and the new guy could not get things to work so they hired him back to fix it. as soon as it was working they let him go again and as soon as he left the software crashed again. so once again they asked him to fix it. but this time he said he would only do it if he was promised a steady job in writing and they did because the software was very important to them, so he went back to work with a steady job again. to make a long story short when he made the software he made it that if his social security number was taken out of the system it would crash so that was his job security lol great idea
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Default A word about our absense of late

A couple days before Christmas found Teddy & I sitting in our Cougar outside the GoodWill store and eating our dinner as we watched the throngs of people doing their Christmas shopping. The parking lot was totally full, so we parked on the side of the lot in a small snow bank and it gave us a perfect view for people watching as Teddy eagerly scavenged his dinner from my fingers. Have to admit, it had been a while since I had visited a GoodWill store and seeing all the people shuffling in and out brought back many memories of my childhood. We could see all of the gleeful faces on so many of the kids, so excited to be visiting the GoodWill in hopes 'Santa' was going to get them something good.... something that they really wanted.... I remember that feeling, remember being that kid, cause that was just the way I grew up. When you don't have alot when your growing up, it seems even the little things from a GoodWill store can be life altering when your just a little tike. Being the youngest in our family, I grew up 'spoiled' amongst my siblings, cause I was the only child that was young when my dad relented and finally allowed my mom to get a job and we didn't have to live on social security alone. When didn't have much growing up, but I had what I needed.... my mothers love. The part about me being spoiled however, I wouldn't really agree, exept the part that I was the only child that didn't get beat on a daily basis by our father like the rest of my siblings did. Being the last, and the youngest, and my dads advancing age (seeing as he was 62 when I was born) my mom finally stood up to him & told him if he ever laid a hand on me, she'd kill him.....and she meant it..... and he never did. In that way, I'd agree, I was totally spoiled.

TBC .......................

Spyder Garage

Exclamation OMG! Sometimes, not knowing truly is better

So I just walked down to the department that I'm scheduled to start working in tomorrow, just to see where it was and what they did, so I know where to report to in the morning. Wow, kinda wish I hadn't done that now. I saw a girl working in the department that I had worked with in another department about 10 years ago & was happy to actually see a face that I recognized, as I usually stay quiet & pretty much to myself here at work. Upon seeing me, her face lit up & she quickly finished what she was doing & came running over with open arms to give me a hug.... then we began chatting about the department and she already knew I was coming there and her entire body posture turned very sad. She then detailed just about a worse case scenario that I could be walking into tomorrow, and that is my fate to come. I won't bore you with the details, but she admitted she had left here in tears because of the situation of that department and just about everyone in there is trying their best to get out. She admitted to signing every job posting that went up cause she just couldn't take it anymore & that she got lucky & was indeed herself leaving next week.

I'm still trying my best to remain positive and keep a good attitude cause being negative only makes matters worse. My old boss confided that I should give it 3 weeks before trying to make any other moves, cause we're likely to have more down-sizing and if I did move to a better department or shift, I might not be able to hold it depending on seniority. So I figure I'll bide my time & if after 3 weeks nothing else happens, I'll put in my bump & see if I can't at least go to a different department on midnight shift. I miss working midnights, did it for a few years & really enjoyed it, much less bosses and drama to deal with in a plant situation. So we'll see.

Spyder Garage

So I just walked down to the department that I'm scheduled to start working in tomorrow, just to see where it was and what they did, so I know where to report to in the morning. Wow, kinda wish I hadn't done that now. I saw a girl working in the department that I had worked with in another department about 10 years ago & was happy to actually see a face that I recognized, as I usually stay quiet & pretty much to myself here at work. Upon seeing me, her face lit up & she quickly finished what she was doing & came running over with open arms to give me a hug.... then we began chatting about the department and she already knew I was coming there and her entire body posture turned very sad. She then detailed just about a worse case scenario that I could be walking into tomorrow, and that is my fate to come. I won't bore you with the details, but she admitted she had left here in tears because of the situation of that department and just about everyone in there is trying their best to get out. She admitted to signing every job posting that went up cause she just couldn't take it anymore & that she got lucky & was indeed herself leaving next week.

I'm still trying my best to remain positive and keep a good attitude cause being negative only makes matters worse. My old boss confided that I should give it 3 weeks before trying to make any other moves, cause we're likely to have more down-sizing and if I did move to a better department or shift, I might not be able to hold it depending on seniority. So I figure I'll bide my time & if after 3 weeks nothing else happens, I'll put in my bump & see if I can't at least go to a different department on midnight shift. I miss working midnights, did it for a few years & really enjoyed it, much less bosses and drama to deal with in a plant situation. So we'll see.
    why not go into that department with the idea of trying to make it better for all that work there? just sayin

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Adventures

Hi, we have never met but i'm another Dave. I'm retired since i'm old but in my experience every
    time I changed jobs (when it was my choice and when it was not) in the long run it always turned
    out for the best. So, best of luck and hang in there. Happy New Year.

Spyder Garage

Unhappy

Definitely got to get some new work boots. Only been 4 hours & my feet & back are already screaming. Hate to think how bad I'm going to feel after 12 hours of this:-(

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Question When 1 door closes... you can always jump thru the window

Life is to short to work for most of your life for little more than just a pay check... right?

It would seem I'm finding myself at a crossroads & my heart and brain are in conflict with one another on how I should proceed.

Ive been contacted by one of Teddy's fans on here with an opportunity that could potentially solve most if not all of our financial circumstances for the rest of our lives. The more I research it, the better it sounds with way more benefits than just financial compensation.... truly making a difference in people's lives in helping them to succeed.

Brain says one thing, heart says another.
    TBC.......

Spyder Garage

Most of the time--the heart vibes are right. Hang in there.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Life is to short to work for most of your life for little more than just a pay check... right?

It would seem I'm finding myself at a crossroads & my heart and brain are in conflict with one another on how I should proceed.

Ive been contacted by one of Teddy's fans on here with an opportunity that could potentially solve most if not all of our financial circumstances for the rest of our lives. The more I research it, the better it sounds with way more benefits than just financial compensation.... truly making a difference in people's lives in helping them to succeed.

Brain says one thing, heart says another.
    TBC.......
    Your intuition knows which way to go. Here's one way to decide. Before you toss a coin, say, "If heads, option 1, if tails, option 2." Flip the coin and see what comes up. If your immediate response to the flip is, "Oh, ****," go with the other alternative. It took me a long time to realize my intuition had a better record than either my heart or my brain.

Silver Shadow
    2013 RT-S Lamonster Edition (vented windshield,
    NBV highway pegs, Two Brothers exhaust)
    Additional Mods: SpyderPops BumpSkid, Elka 1+ shocks, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”

Spyder Garage

Unhappy Poor Teddy

I figured he'd have some issues with adjusting to my new schedule cause I know I am myself. And yeah, he had an accident & did a #2 on the floor, which honestly I had expected seeing as I was gone for almost 13 hours straight. Can't blame the lil guy & I ddidn't even give him a cross look for doing it, cause I already knew he felt bad. So I just cleaned it up & then, even tho I was dead tired, we went for a walk until the sun was totally gone, was good for him to get out and stretch his legs and do some running around. I felt so bad this morning, cause I started the car to let it warm up before leaving for work, when I took him out to do his business and he thought we were going on a trip and wouldn't get out, just kept looking at me with the expression of 'Lets go dad!' on his lil face. Just refused to get out, so actually had to carry him out and back to the condo

Spyder Garage