Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default My new Stebel Nautilus Air Horn

It was 50 degrees and sunny today, here in Indianapolis. I went for a 75 mile ride and ended up buying a Stebel Air Horn at Cycle Outfitters. Came home and on Amizon.com I ordered a "Universal Plug-n-Play Wiring Harness for Motorcycle Air Horns" ($25.90 delivered) to make the install easy peasy. Once it gets here that'll be my next project.

2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Love my Stebel

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Louder than the horns of hell...

Spyder Garage

I don't know about that. Lol

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    I don't know about that. Lol
    I do. Been there twice. Married the first one. Just lived with the second.

Spyder Garage

That is very unfortunate, but I'd have to say that Hell is much worse unfortunately than anything we experience on earth.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My comments on the Stebel Nautilus air horns:

Out of the box, on the bench, to me this was a loud horn, but out in the open, mounted on the bike, I was disappointed with it. I did not think it was al that loud compared to my air horns I had on the autos, but size here is a issue, so something got to give.

On my 2013 RT, I mounted the horn in the same place as the stock one was at. Mounted my relay right next to the horn, and wired the relay to the battery. I drilled a 1/4" hole that went in to the trunk to mount the horn in the right place to face down in the hole like the stock horn was, mounted the relay to the metal mount the stock horn was on. Pain in the butt to access, since you got to take the whole front end off, remove the headlight and pull out the left tunnel to access it.

I just traded in the 2013 and I went back to the motions to remove it all and put it back to stock. Not sure using the Nautilus again on the 2014, but for sure I need something better then the stock horn.

This was my second Nautilus horn, the first one I mounted on my truck, did not like it much on the truck either, and some time has passed and I forgot all about it. Then I saw the post about this horn and order it, got it, and was thinking that I seen this before some where and I forgot all about the fact that I tried this same one before. Now I have two of them in my junk box of parts.

Zwolf.tx
    Spyder 2014
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Put mine on the ATV!

I don't know yet how loud or what sound the OEM horn on the 2013 RT is as it was delivered a couple of days before Christmas and between cold, snow, and mods, I haven't had it out of the garage yet!

Several years ago I bought a Stebel Nautilus to put on my Goldwing. I didn't do it for two reasons. First, there just was not room anywhere on the 'Wing to mount it, at least not how I would have liked. Second, surprisingly it was no louder than the OEM horns! I ended up putting it on my ATV which didn't have a horn on it. Works great on it!

If I conclude the Spyder OEM horn sounds too wimpy I'm thinking of going with the Stebel, or Bad Boy trumpet version with the trumpets mounted on the front suspension A arms.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)