Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default A question for Over-Heated Riders

Have you tried this? Though I have not had heating issues I may give it a run after a bit more research. The chart does not compare this product to standard anti-freeze/coolant. But you'd assume it would be higher than any of the tested products. Then again, you know what ASSUME(ing) will get you!

An important item that is always a question with high performance coolant products is boil-over and freeze protection. This one has very good numbers in that respect also.

• Note: Boiling point protection up to 260°F (126.6°C); freezing point protection down to -30°F (-34°C).

I am not promoting or even recommending this product because I have not tried it myself. But it does look very interesting.

Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Interesting...
    I used Engine Ice with very good results in my "686ed" Grizzly 660.
    A radiator that was completely clogged with mud : no problem!
    It's good to know that there are some actual numbers that can be shown as proof!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Good to know..!!

and certainly worth a try. Being in a warmer climate I have dropped the ratio to 75%-25% water to antifreeze and added water wetter and have had good results. Might switch to this product and see how it does...thanks...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    and certainly worth a try. Being in a warmer climate I have dropped the ratio to 75%-25% water to antifreeze and added water wetter and have had good results. Might switch to this product and see how it does...thanks...
    I am currently running a 70/30 mix with Water Wetter. It dropped me some but I'm always looking for better. I don't see any downside at this point.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I just wonder if it will affect the BRP warranty. I have a 5 year warranty so I need to be careful about what I do.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

It should not affect warranty but I would like to see the actual test data to support the claim. I use engine ice for two years and yes, it does drop the temperature as it allows the coolant to make better contact with the radiator so the air passing through picks up more heat. However, it actually raises the under tupperware temperatures a bit by being more efficient. The bike is happier but the rider may not be unfortunately. That being said now that I insulated tupperware and wrapped the pipes I feel no heat at all.

From what I cans see, the thermostat goes wide open around 195 on the freeway so it only really has a big affect at idle. My digital aftermarket temp gauge shows idle temps around 227 at 45 deg. F. but then the fan kicks in and drops it down to 217 or so and the cycle repeats until I start moving again.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post
    It should not affect warranty but I would like to see the actual test data to support the claim. I use engine ice for two years and yes, it does drop the temperature as it allows the coolant to make better contact with the radiator so the air passing through picks up more heat. However, it actually raises the under tupperware temperatures a bit by being more efficient. The bike is happier but the rider may not be unfortunately. That being said now that I insulated tupperware and wrapped the pipes I feel no heat at all.

From what I cans see, the thermostat goes wide open around 195 on the freeway so it only really has a big affect at idle. My digital aftermarket temp gauge shows idle temps around 227 at 45 deg. F. but then the fan kicks in and drops it down to 217 or so and the cycle repeats until I start moving again.
    I wasn't thinking about the fan presets so the best we will see is 217 at rest unless we could program the fan to run longer. Bummer
    Last edited by Magdave; 12-27-2013 at 03:09 PM.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wonder if it works for hot flashes!
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default dealer

my dealer told me that BRP is using a new type of coolant in their 4x4's due to heating issues, but they have not said to put it in the bikes that have heat problems to try it out
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Water Wetter is what I used in the 2013 ST with some success. Can't speak as to this product, but would like to give it a try if the bike overheats this Summer. This will be the first summer since the 2013 recall campaign, so I'm not sure if the bike will run cooler or not. I am at the dealership as we speak looking at the 2014 side panels on the ST that were obviously changed to address heat...but the panels appear to be real expensive.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Tony View Post
    Water Wetter is what I used in the 2013 ST with some success. Can't speak as to this product, but would like to give it a try if the bike overheats this Summer. This will be the first summer since the 2013 recall campaign, so I'm not sure if the bike will run cooler or not. I am at the dealership as we speak looking at the 2014 side panels on the ST that were obviously changed to address heat...but the panels appear to be real expensive.
    And they should be supplied to 2013 owners free of cost IMHO. Maybe even a similar set up for the RT's

Spyder Garage

Are the 2013 overheating or hot to ride? I thought it was the latter.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post
    Are the 2013 overheating or hot to ride? I thought it was the latter.
    Both I have had overtemp codes pop. The change in panels indicate BRP knows they have an issue they changed nothing else. The 13 riders were the ones who found out...the hard way.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I wonder if it works for hot flashes!
    No comment

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    No comment

Cruzr Joe

I was trying to think of something too.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Tony View Post

Do you actually know about how much for the necessary panels/connections?

Spyder Garage

Who carries this antifreeze? I have to change my wife's coolant in her 09 GS this year and maybe I will put that in if I can find it. I go over to the US a lot so getting from a US retailer is not a problem.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    Who carries this antifreeze? I have to change my wife's coolant in her 09 GS this year and maybe I will put that in if I can find it. I go over to the US a lot so getting from a US retailer is not a problem.
    If you go here and click on distributors:

http://www.liquidperformance.com

They list a Canadian store- Parts Canada- along with a number of US stores, and online stores.

If you're not familiar with the Parts Canada stores, you can check their locations here:

http://www.partscanada.com/locator
    Last edited by wyliec; 12-27-2013 at 05:21 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default just remember

some people were having problems with the radiator plugs breaking off, so remember to drain the bike from the hose
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    https://www.google.com/search?q=liqu...tartPage=1&rlz=

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Do you actually know about how much for the necessary panels/connections?
    IIRC ~$800 you have to buy 2 panels for each side.

Here is a post on the part#s

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ght=2014+panel

~$179 for each panel
    http://parts.spyder.brp.com/Index.as..._id=1&siteid=1
    Last edited by Magdave; 12-27-2013 at 07:21 PM.

Spyder Garage

Hey Ron...... You and Scotty here get all my attention when I see you guys post even if you guys disagree...
    So anything you post like this gets my consideration!

When it comes time to flush my coolant system I will consider this

Thanks,
    Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    some people were having problems with the radiator plugs breaking off, so remember to drain the bike from the hose

Can you elaborate, haven't read about this?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Can you elaborate, haven't read about this?
    I have heard it before and the recommended way is to remove the lower hose.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...tor+drain+plug

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    IIRC ~$800 you have to buy 2 panels for each side.

Here is a post on the part#s

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ght=2014+panel

~$179 for each panel
    http://parts.spyder.brp.com/Index.as..._id=1&siteid=1

These links don't go to specific parts. I've sesn people post these links before....they get you to the general area....and I appreciate that...but what exact part numbers do I need to make this work?

In the link it says four panels, but which four panels for a ST-S?