Spyder Garage
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Who is this dealer and where are they??

Cruzr Joe
    What he said.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default It's only $320.00

I think I would pack it up and take it somewhere else. It's only $320, and I would not trust the work they would do anyway.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Mira Loma is near me and zip is 91752

If you look for dealers for that zip code he either took it to Corona Motor Sports, Bert's Mega Mall, Malcom Smith's, or Whittier Fun Center.

If I had to guess which dealer is jacking with him, I bet it's Corona Motor Sports as that is right near him.
    I have never been to that dealer but I have had people tell me they were a good dealer. I guess we should wait for him to tell us which dealer he took it to before pointing fingers. But I too would like to know so I avoid them in the future.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Let's not start pointing fingers, and get the wrong dealership caught up in this...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Let's not start pointing fingers, and get the wrong dealership caught up in this...
    I think I said that in my post?

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes; you did...
    I was cautioning others, because you had a LOT of names in your post; no need to cause confusion amongst all of them...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default The latest up date and well still in limbo

HERE IS WHERE WE STAND FOR NOW;
    I will start by seting the record stright bike is at corona motorsport. Now for the details i had to finaly call BRP back to tell them about the run in i had when i called the dealership and found out the bike had not been looked at and i could not get a retun call to save my life so i went down to look for my self and well well well found out that the guy assigned to my bike had been fired (thanks ) yea no one had the courtisy to call me and tell me. but to then tell me that they would be looking at it in the next week or so and that they did speak with BRP rep and they would be working directly with him. I felt thet this is good and we are moving forward good news is i did get a call form shop forman saying that they would be looking at bike very soon and he would get back to me (Yea ).Progress that is where i should not have got my hopes up . another week went by and yes i got a call and they did start working on it and found a ruptured fuel pump diphram which directly works with and is controled by the throthe body and filled the engine completly with gas causing a hydro lock condition. He semed prety cofident that this was the problem and they would be draining the oil and fixing problem and would advise after their findings. Worst Possibility of a bent rod or valve isues was his concern. ( Bummer ) but at least we are working on it and well you guesed it that is where we still stand today the shops call was 2/4/14 and still no word from shop and or BRP as of today.Realy starting to loose my cool over this but going to try to hang in their for just a bit more. and then im going to unload on BRP firs and then shop ( call me crazy i guess ) and if that back fires then i will try sugestions on lemon law it is wort a shot at this point This is nuts that it takes 4 mounths to get this resoulved..chris

TO BE CONTINUED!!!!

Spyder Garage

Angry

"This is nuts that it takes ---- 4 months to get this resolved."

And, you have not danced on anyones desk yet. You must be in line for sainthood.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Check me out if I'm wrong but the fuel system is under pressure and the injectors control the fuel delivery not the throttle body also the rupture of a fuel pump diagram would stop fuel delivery to the injectors which would NOT fill the crank case with fuel as a carburated system. Hydro lock on a injected engine usually happens when water in the system escapes to the crankcase . After four months I would be looking for a new tech and or Dealer for repairs.
    Cheers hope all works out well for you Mike.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This HAS taken way too long... I'm sorry to hear that your dealer seems to not be all that concerned with the amount of time that has passed.
    with Jer; Sainthood may be in order for you!
    Good LUck, keep hammering on them!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Angry LATEST UP DATE

Start by saying thanks to everyone out their.

well it is starting to look like ( lemon law time ) now the problem I think might lie on BRP, all was good when i started with them when i started complaining about shop and the accted like the good guys. well the tables have turned i have contacted brp now 4 times in the last week and messages every time and not a single return call and nothing from dealer as well almost forgot what collor the bike is.

FYI i still have no bike or any reason why it is not fixed other then shop telling me that they cant figure out why it wont start???

to be continued

if their is anyone that is a lawyer that wants this case send me your info please.

done with paying insureance and regrestration on something that is in shop Thank god i dont have a payment or i would be super pissed.

chris

Spyder Garage

Default lemon law

Quote Originally Posted by funco4all View Post
    Start by saying thanks to everyone out their.

well it is starting to look like ( lemon law time ) now the problem I think might lie on BRP, all was good when i started with them when i started complaining about shop and the accted like the good guys. well the tables have turned i have contacted brp now 4 times in the last week and messages every time and not a single return call and nothing from dealer as well almost forgot what collor the bike is.

FYI i still have no bike or any reason why it is not fixed other then shop telling me that they cant figure out why it wont start???

to be continued

if their is anyone that is a lawyer that wants this case send me your info please.

done with paying insureance and regrestration on something that is in shop Thank god i dont have a payment or i would be super pissed.

chris
    chris with the lemon law you don't need a lawyer. here in new york all i did was call the aty. general office of new york and told them what i was going through. if they think you have a case they will send you the papers to fill out and send back to them. than you will get a hearing date for a arbitrator to hear the case. just be honest and tell the arbitrator what is going on, how much time you lost the bike for, and how upset you are about it. BRP will have someone there to hear your complaints and offer a fix for the problem. i was offered a new car when i went and i said no and i wanted my money back. the meeting will end and you will hear from the arbitrator by mail with his findings and if he agrees with you, you will receive a full refund including tax. good luck buddy
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Angry Up date

" STILL NO BIKE OR ANWSERS OF WHAT IS WRONG"
    well a few more weeks have gone by and now it looks like no help from brp. Semes like the claims adjuster is the supervisor and calls the shots but will only return calls when he wants to I hacve left 7 more calls and nothing / Last conversation with them was bike is now showing up that it is out of warranty (REALY) and that even thought they sent me to Can am cretified repair shop the extended warranty that is on the bike is not authorised in that shop (WTF) so my anwser to them was how are we going to fix it if no one can tell me what problem is ( weeks later still waiting and no calls) so the bike sits in shop with all of the shops s---t piled on and around it and is making for a great dust and dirt colector.When the bike was covered in garage when it was home and still looked like new now who knows what it will look like when and if i get it back. no one will tell me a stright anwser.

I cant even get a anwser regardless of who is paying??

today I left anothe message with BRP and e mailed a lemon law co we will have to see.

chris

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default latest up date

Well i now enter a new chapter of the twilite zone .

well i finally took the time to contact attorneys to help to get this resolved and well found out that no one will take the case since no other repairs were ever done to bike to show cause for a case. and none would take the case for a lazy shop. so with that info and no return calls from brp i went ahead and showed up shop with a trailer as said your finished please put all parts in a box and im taking my bike they gave me a little flack but finally said get it out of here we are tired of seeing it anyway.
    Well now decisions what do i do with a trailer full of parts and a non runing bike.So i called Brp and told them what i did and they showed little intrest in helping resolve the issue as i figured. so i called and visited a few other shops that took the time to hear the story and first reply is we dont want some other shops problem ( **** i loose again) and finaly i got a service writer that cared and took the time to contact brp on his own a few days went by and he said brin it in (bike is at Malcome smith in riverside. he then introduced me to head machanic and this guy new his **** said it would be a few days and he would get to it well it was less then 24 hours and he already had more anwsers then last shop in 4 months and would have motor apart by him self by thurs with a up date im hoping for some news any news at this point is progress because a broken bike does me no good /and service writer even got brp back on board and was very polite YEA YEA i will follow up when i have some more news
    Chris

Spyder Garage

Arrow

Technician wise. You are in good hands. Henry is a good one.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

As a prospective Spyder customer coming from a Goldwing background, this scenario certainly makes me question why I would want to switch to a BRP product. Poor dealerships happen no matter which Manufacture they represent. Its unfortunate when someone has to find this out when faced with a potentially serious issue. Fortunately, a customer should be able to contact the Manufacturer for help in resolving a problem with their product or a dealer. The resolution may not always favor the customer, but at least the customer should feel the Manufacturer looked seriously into the situation and disclosed why they have decided as they did. Reading this post, it appears BRP simply chose to hide and not reveal anything, leaving their customer to fend for himself for at least 4 months.

There is a lot more to consider when buying a trike than the demo ride...

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by funco4all View Post
    Well i now enter a new chapter of the twilite zone .
    Chris
    Wow. Wow. Wow.
    You are certainly more patient than I would be.
    By now,,, I would have taken off work, loaded that thing on a trailer and hauled it to Valcourt BRP mothership and sat on someone's desk until it was fixed or I was physically forced out.

This is just absolutely unacceptable.

Where is BRPCare on this post?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Is there a Lemon Law in your state?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WalkaboutJohn View Post
    Is there a Lemon Law in your state?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    If you read the posts above, I think he states that they won't help since this is a first occurrence. But it sure seems like there should be a time limit, else a first occurrence could be a death sentence if you can't get another dealer to look at it.

Spyder Garage

If you want to go get the Spyder and trailer it over to Pirate Powersports in Riverside, I have a trailer and live about 1 1/2 hours away, so I will come and get it and take you and it to Lou..Pirate Powersports.

Lou can fix it. No doubt. But it won't be covered by warranty.

PM me if you want Lou's phone number. He is real busy, so you gotta call first.

edit: Mira Loma is only about 45 mins away...
    Last edited by Dan_Ashley; 05-08-2014 at 03:12 PM.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Spyder Garage

Page 2/3 gives the name of the person you want to contact. It might take a little digging to get the contact information but, I can almost guarantee he would not see the humor in what is happening to you.

http://www.myvirtualpaper.com/doc/en...3020801/html#2

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Ashley View Post
    If you want to go get the Spyder and trailer it over to Pirate Powersports in Riverside, I have a trailer and live about 1 1/2 hours away, so I will come and get it and take you and it to Lou..Pirate Powersports.

Lou can fix it. No doubt. But it won't be covered by warranty.

PM me if you want Lou's phone number. He is real busy, so you gotta call first.

edit: Mira Loma is only about 45 mins away...
    Just curious Dan. Why would it not be covered under warranty? I must have missed something.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rcturner View Post
    Page 2/3 gives the name of the person you want to contact. It might take a little digging to get the contact information but, I can almost guarantee he would not see the humor in what is happening to you.

http://www.myvirtualpaper.com/doc/en...3020801/html#2
    I think this is the contact information.
    Corporate Headquarters
    726 Saint-Joseph Street
    Valcourt, Quebec J0E 2L0

Canada

Phone: 450-532-2211
    Fax: 450-532-5140

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMac View Post
    Just curious Dan. Why would it not be covered under warranty? I must have missed something.
    Oh I don't know. Lou doesn't do warranty work. BRP won't let him. Apparently he was taking too much business away from the dealers. Most of the guys in my club forgo BRP's warranty because Lou is worth every cent. NOBODY ELSE IS ALLOWED TO TOUCH MY SPYDER.

So I was just trying to be nice and offering a trailering option.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe