Spyder Garage

Lightbulb Marylander's - Reputable Dealer's, Sales and Service

Hail Spyderlovers!

I would like to recognize a few dealerships that have been real friends to your Spyder community in Maryland and Pennsylvania, and worth mentioning to our Spyderlovers audience.

One in particular, Tammy Bankert (owner), and Ryan Bortner (lead tech) at Motosports Inc. of Hanover Pennsylvania (http://www.motosportsinc.com/) provide an excellent retail sales and service experience. Tammy and Ryan have not only become a site sponsor and promoter of the Maryland Spyder Web (MSW), but they are a fine example of what it means to sell a quality product and then continue to support those customers after the sale. Those of us that have had a bad dealer experience in the past know what I am talking about. Excellent post sales service is critical with the Spyder, and can be elusive if you don't know where to look. I live in Central Maryland, and when I need service, I ride to Pennsylvania, as do most of us in the MSW. They will also be getting all my future bike purchases.

I have done business in the past with the local "volume cycle dealer" here in MD. I bought my 2012 RT Limited from them. The quality of service I received there subsequent to the initial sale was absolutely terrible. When I would finally get the bike back (they kept my bike for over a month once), it generally had more problems than it went in with. They have broken body plastics, pinched or cut wires, forgotten to replace gaskets and seals, left electronics disconnected, etc, etc. This is not my story alone, but something many of our riding group have experienced. Not to mention at $125.00 per hour for service, this dealership is asking us to go elsewhere. It's clear to me, and others, that they do not want our Spyder business. We should oblige them, and work to support the other local businesses that do!

If you are thinking of buying a Spyder in Maryland, and cannot get to Tammy at Motosports, there are a couple other dealers around the area that I can endorse as I have met them all personally. Talbot's (http://www.talbotpowersports.com/) on Maryland's Eastern Shore, and Trumbull (http://www.trumbullmotorsports.com/) in Southern Maryland are both dedicated to the Can-Am Spyder community and will take very good care of you. If you aren't doing business with one of these three, and you live in the greater Maryland area, buyer beware!

For our friends in Western Maryland and Pennsylvania, I would also recommend Tim and Mike Tokarsky of Can-Am of Windber (http://www.triumphofwindber.com/). The gang in Windber are great, and they are strong supporters of the Can-Am Spyder line. They would love to have your business as well!

For more info, please feel free to send me a PM and I would be happy to elaborate! Please don't learn this lesson on your own, it can be a very frustrating and costly mistake to make .

Yours for more success,

-Pete
    Last edited by donnellpj; 12-26-2013 at 02:06 PM.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited , OEM NA Satin Platinum

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default talbot powersports

Quote Originally Posted by donnellpj View Post
    Hail Spyderlovers!

I would like to recognize a few dealerships that have been real friends to your Spyder community in Maryland and Pennsylvania, and worth mentioning to our Spyderlovers audience.

One in particular, Tammy Bankert (owner), and Ryan Bortner (lead tech) at Motosports Inc. of Hanover Pennsylvania (http://www.motosportsinc.com/) provide an excellent retail sales and service experience. Tammy and Ryan have not only become a site sponsor and promoter of the Maryland Spyder Web (MSW), but they are a fine example of what it means to sell a quality product and then continue to support those customers after the sale. Those of us that have had a bad dealer experience in the past know what I am talking about. Excellent post sales service is critical with the Spyder, and can be elusive if you don't know where to look. I live in Central Maryland, and when I need service, I ride to Pennsylvania, as do most of us in the MSW. They will also be getting all my future bike purchases.

I have done business in the past with the local "volume cycle dealer" here in MD. I bought my 2012 RT Limited from them. The quality of service I received there subsequent to the initial sale was absolutely terrible. When I would finally get the bike back (they kept my bike for over a month once), it generally had more problems than it went in with. They have broken body plastics, pinched or cut wires, forgotten to replace gaskets and seals, left electronics disconnected, etc, etc. This is not my story alone, but something many of our riding group have experienced. Not to mention at $125.00 per hour for service, this dealership is asking us to go elsewhere. It's clear to me, and others, that they do not want our Spyder business. We should oblige them, and work to support the other local businesses that do!

If you are thinking of buying a Spyder in Maryland, and cannot get to Tammy at Motosports, there are a couple other dealers around the area that I can endorse as I have met them all personally. Talbot's (http://www.talbotpowersports.com/) on Maryland's Eastern Shore, and Trumbull (http://www.trumbullmotorsports.com/) in Southern Maryland are both dedicated to the Can-Am Spyder community and will take very good care of you. If you aren't doing business with one of these three, and you live in the greater Maryland area, buyer beware!

For our friends in Western Maryland and Pennsylvania, I would also recommend Tim and Mike Tokarsky of Can-Am of Windber (http://www.triumphofwindber.com/). The gang in Windber are great, and they are strong supporters of the Can-Am Spyder line. They would love to have your business as well!

For more info, please feel free to send me a PM and I would be happy to elaborate! Please don't learn this lesson on your own, it can be a very frustrating and costly mistake to make.

Yours for more success,

-Pete
    I would not recommend them to nobody very poor service have poor tecs

Spyder Garage

I second Talbots as a great shop. My Spyder has tons of custom mods and they worked around them like pros- even added quick disconnects for som of my lights to make servicing easier. Although I didn't buy there (my Spyder was gently used) they get all my service work on 2 Spyders.

I live about 60 miles away and it's a beautiful trip to visit and worth the roll over to see the crew there.
    Sam Mancuso

Our "his and hers" Spyders. Read more about them at theotherwheel.com

Very Active Member SpyderConvert's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Motosports

I bought my 2015 RTL in June from a dealer outside Philadelphia and I'm learning more every day. A friend and I rode to Johnstown, PA last month for Thunder in the Valley and I spoke with a CanAM rep; I learned a great deal from him - he recommended this site to me. Yesterday, I rode to Hanover, PA to check out Motosports based on the recommendations in this forum and got even more information about my Spyder. They will be getting ALL of my business from now on. I purchased the BajaRon sway bar and links and had purchased a motorcycle lift to do the installation; Motosports quoted me one hour of labor to install the sway bar (as opposed to the 3 to 4 hours stated in the forum doing it myself!) so I will be taking the lift back to Harbor Freight for a refund. I also asked for an approximate price for the initial service and was told that it would be between $250 to $300 dollars (that "volume dealer" in Baltimore had quoted $500). I will probably combine my first service and sway bar installation (unless I can't wait for the sway bar install). Thanks for the recommendation!!

Update to previous post: I had my sway bar installed on 08/03 and I cannot believe the difference that it makes!! I had also asked if they could install my LED fog lights while they had my ryde and they did, total cost $133.00! Ryan also showed me pictures that he had taken while installing the LEDs. When the Spyder was set up, they (East Coast Cycle Center) somehow forgot to install a hose clamp on the tubing that goes to the airbox, Ryan corrected it at no charge. All of this was done in just over an hour! These guys have my business for life!
    Last edited by SpyderConvert; 08-09-2016 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Update
    2015 RT Ltd. , $" extension Black

Spyder Garage

Default MSW Dealers

Talbot did very good for us.
    Nice group of people.

Ride safe

Geo

Spyder Garage

The information from 2013 may have changed.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red