Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest 2014 Logo

Just checked my facebook and the 2014 Spyderfest logo appeared stating that registration starts on January 1st.

Post was made by Lamonster Garage
    Not sure how to link.
    Last edited by Frank G; 12-20-2013 at 11:15 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Saw it..!!

great logo...thanks for posting....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default LINK?

Anybody got a link to view it?

J. D.
    2016 F3T Magnesium Metalic : Smooth Spyder Dual Backrest, Lamonster LED Head lights and Fog lights

Spyder Garage
    Sent from the corner of walk and don't walk...

Spyder Garage

Default the new woman

I guess my question what does the woman in the logo represent, she looks like someone out of the fifty's and what does that have to do with spyder riding?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderal11 View Post
    I guess my question what does the woman in the logo represent, she looks like someone out of the fifty's and what does that have to do with spyder riding?
    Some of us are out of the fifty's. and wishing we could go back.

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I think the logo looks great. Good job!

Be Safe
    ToM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Life is Great
    ToM

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The new logo is creating quite a buzz on the GOS Facebook page. Not a lot of positive replies from the lady riders which probably won't be much of a surprise to most. I know I'm not inclined to want to wear anything with a scantily clad woman on it and I don't imagine too many of you guys would run out to buy a shirt with a beefy man's picture on it. Just my .02 I'm sure there was a lot of work that went into the design and as a poster it would be fine but not my cup of tea for a shirt.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default I agree

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    The new logo is creating quite a buzz on the GOS Facebook page. Not a lot of positive replies from the lady riders which probably won't be much of a surprise to most. I know I'm not inclined to want to wear anything with a scantily clad woman on it and I don't imagine too many of you guys would run out to buy a shirt with a beefy man's picture on it. Just my .02 I'm sure there was a lot of work that went into the design and as a poster it would be fine but not my cup of tea for a shirt.
    I was very IMPRESSED with the design and very UNIMPRESSED with the HD "babe". I would buy that logo in a heart beat without the "babe"....with the babe, NOPE would neither buy or wear. I personally feel that adding "her" to that incredible logo "cheapens" the concept/perception I hold from my first encounter with Spyderfest/Spyderlover folks....fun loving, family oriented, wholesome folks and activities. One thing I have always appreciated about the decision makers for Spyderfest. It has never been about T & A... ( guess if anyone really wants to know how I feel I could share..)
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

We hear you guys and are making adjustments. It was not intended to offend anyone. Sorry

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't be so quick to get rid of her... That'd be a fantastic wall-hanger for a garage or man-cave!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) pslawing's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I started the post on GOS about the logo after one of the Spyderlovers sponsors ask me what I thought. If this is a poster for the garage, I think it's GREAT!!!
    But for Spyderfest, I think it doesn't highlight the spyder but the girl. I don't think that "most" women would be likely to purchase and wear a t-shirt with it on it. Thank you Lamonster for revisiting this. It's interesting to read all the 90 comments about it on GOS.
    Hey at least we're not "suspended" on this forum for our opinion like Phil on Duck Dynasty"
    Last edited by pslawing; 12-21-2013 at 08:22 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    We hear you guys and are making adjustments. It was not intended to offend anyone. Sorry
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I love the design, but I am a guy. The better half likes the design also, she is a girl, just saying. That said I understand the concept of the old WW2 nose art design and it is nicely done. I was planning to buy several for me, but the better half did say she would only buy one.

I think it would be great if you could lose the lady and keep the rest of the design. This would probably be a better generic design. Heck I would probably 1 or 2 without the lady.

I have no problem with the concept of 2 spyder designs, a Spyderfest and a GOS style. In fact that sounds like a great idea. Both promoting Spyderfest 2014.

2014 RT Limited Cognac ----- Wraps, skid plate, lights, Elkas
    2002 harley ultra classic
    2008 hayabusa

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by warp10 View Post
    I love the design, but I am a guy. The better half likes the design also, she is a girl, just saying. That said I understand the concept of the old WW2 nose art design and it is nicely done. I was planning to buy several for me, but the better half did say she would only buy one.

I think it would be great if you could lose the lady and keep the rest of the design. This would probably be a better generic design. Heck I would probably 1 or 2 without the lady.

I have no problem with the concept of 2 spyder designs, a Spyderfest and a GOS style. In fact that sounds like a great idea. Both promoting Spyderfest 2014.
    Just like last year there will be several designs to purchase in a T. Talking with Len and Vanessa we will be reworking the Official logo without the pinup but the feedback with it has been supportive too so that will be an option.

Spyder Garage

This should have been posted with the logo before but Len put into words the thoughts and intent of this logo.

There has been a lot of talk about our new logo.
    The logo is meant to be old world, classy, pinup style, not trashy not sexist. We will not defend this, because it needs no defense.
    It's simply meant to be classic, vintage, and a tribute to the heritage of all our world war 2 vets, one of greatest generation that has ever graced this planet, they went through some of the hardest times this nation has ever know. They shaped this nation into what it once was.... Without there courage, strength, and heart this nation would not be where it is today... The pin up girls, the old road signs, the wheat, was from there generation.... I might add one of the most wholesome of all generations.

This is a tribute to all of them!
    Thank you to all our vets

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I am a man, Well at least the male gender, And I agree with you. Unless that beefy man would be me..
    2022 F3 Limited , Monolith Black / Dark

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest 2014

I would like to attend but I don't know the dates or where this event will be happenings. I am a single women and would like to know if this is a safe event and if others would embrace me so I too good meet new friends and enjoy the time with my Can Am riders. Thanks for any and all information, Patricia

Spyder Garage

Patricia,
    I can't think of a safer and more welcoming event to attend. It will be hosted by Pitbull Powersports in Springfield, MO. Below is some basic info. Just do a search on it. The most info will be coming when they launch the website for the 2014 event in 1/1/14.

The Host Hotel has changed for 2014. The LampLighter Inn North is the new host hotel. There are 4 hotels that all connect, so it will be one big party. Registration will be at spyderfest.com starting on January 1. It is a great time!!! See you there!!!

Sent from the corner of walk and don't walk....
    Sent from the corner of walk and don't walk...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post

Of course it is going to offend. I can't imagine no one thought of that.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Please give them a bit of a break...
    When you're working on a project of this magnitude; it can be tough to take a step back, and view it from a different perspective.
    And; they're working on it...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

After reading Len's explanation on Facebook I understand what he was trying to do but it is unfortunate that a t-shirt isn't large enough for him to include the explanation on each one. I guess if it needs an explanation maybe it isn't the best choice.

Again, I think the artwork is very nice and would make a nice poster but I might go with a suggestion that I saw on FB and order it in Joe's size (if they come that big)
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default VERY SAFE

Quote Originally Posted by padershem View Post
    I would like to attend but I don't know the dates or where this event will be happenings. I am a single women and would like to know if this is a safe event and if others would embrace me so I too good meet new friends and enjoy the time with my Can Am riders. Thanks for any and all information, Patricia
    Hi Patricia...I also am single woman. The first year I came to Spyderfest (2011)...I started getting a little anxious when I was within one day ryde. ?'s like what am I getting myself into...what if the people are clannish and don't welcome "outsiders"..all those negative/stinkin' thinkin' that can stop me from "doing"...I worked on my attitude as I got closer to Cuba, MO (which was the location of the first Spyderfests until we outgrew that area)...made the simple decision..if I can ryde in and I don't like what I find I can certainly ryde out. Bottom line is this will be my 4th Spyderfest..still single woman, majority of my ryding is done solo. All I can say is the folks at Spyderfest are outgoing, very inclusive of new folks and welcoming. And all of that was before Faran and Leica started the GOS (Girls on Spyders) group. I love it so much that I ryde in early and volunteer to help...
    Are you on FB? If so join GOS (Girls on Spyders); like Pitbull Powersports (Spyderfest fearless leaders are the owners Len & Vanessa); like Lamonster Garage (Lamont is the "owner" of Spyderlovers forum and he and Len are THE NEXT LEGACY--something new and exciting that Spyderfest attendees will get introduced to this year); like Spyderfest US
    Location of Spyderfest is Springfield, MO. Date April 30-May 4 (I'm guessing on the official dates...but that will get you started). If you have any other ? please feel free to PM me and ask away.
    You also asked if safe (absolutely)..and if others would embrace you...oh yea we are a hugging bunch..but my observation is that if you embrace others easily then you will find Spyderfest an open friendly group...I have learned that what I give to others I get back 10 fold.
    Hope to hear more from you. Have a very Merry Christmas.
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I missed the whole WWII theme. My suggestion would be something like this.wwii.jpg