Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Congrats!!

Spyder Garage

Hi Gundam,

I am new to this site and just seen your thread location. It brought back good old memories for me of eating that great chile crab by your racetrack as well as kicking back at Raffles with a bourbon afterwards.

Hope to get back you way and do it all again !!
    2016 RT Special & 2017 RTS Pearl
    CATSKILLS SPYDER RIDERS - ADM

www.catskillsspyderryders.com & www.facebook.com/groups/catskillsspyderryders

[/url]

Spyder Garage

You will have a ball. Welcome.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Samir221 View Post
    Congrats!!
    Thanks.... the heat modifications better work, otherwise I have to re-install all my cooling fans... I can't change to a later years RTs even if I want to...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FieldTester View Post
    Hi Gundam,

I am new to this site and just seen your thread location. It brought back good old memories for me of eating that great chile crab by your racetrack as well as kicking back at Raffles with a bourbon afterwards.

Hope to get back you way and do it all again !!
    Glad that you enjoyed your stay here... chilli crabs is a must try dish for visitors over here.... and yes, relaxing by the seafront with your favourite drink is a bliss... the entire area around the race track is a happening place...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by donkes View Post
    You will have a ball. Welcome.
    Thanks... I intend to have one.... but work always get in the way...

Spyder Garage

Well, got back my yesterday, drove it out of the shop and right into heavy traffic... the outer panels doesn't feel hot as before so the heat modifications does seems to work... and the gear changes are smoother than before as mentioned by some here, but I feel that the broader torque band is in exchange for a lower power output from the engine.... I feel the is slower when you roll on the gas from about 100 km/h in fifth, but I gladly accept that in exchange for a cooler ride.... I suspect they detuned the engine and thus produces less heat and improves fuel economy as well... they also changes the entire fuel supply lines and the evaporative canister to get rid of the fuel smell when the is stopped.... anyway, today I re-install all my cooling fans since the new air scoop only helps to cool the engine bay when the is moving.... the fans will evacuate hot air from the engine area even when the is not moving. I also feels the is mechanically louder now, since the modifications involved removing the two acoustic panels. Maybe removing them creates more space for air to flow better in the engine bay? I did not ride the today but idle the engine after installing the fans to feel the hot air coming out of the scoops.... the glove box is now much cooler than before but the heat is now further down, at the gas tank, maybe I will install some fans in that area.... we'll see later....