Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Not until the ST has the larger engine and that engine proves to be as reliable as our 09 RS.

Spyder Garage

I love my "13". Smooth as silk. Had a great time meeting Gene and others over at the mall in Crystal River, Flarda.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Default Sticking with the 2013 RT

We are sticking with the 2013, i am installing the BajaRon swaybar and wrapping the headers with thermotape, I believe that takes care of the two concerns i have right now.
    We have plans for ryding to SoCal later in the winter, or the desert, so that will give us some idea of what these two changes will make.

Spyder Garage

Default up grade not

Kathryn and I will hang in. I will work on the heat issues. We will keep our weight down and the smaller engine will haul us just fine. Gary
    2012 RTS 2065 miles
    Web Boards, Champion Tour Full Cover
    USAF 67-71 Weapons Mechanic -Love my B-52
    Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default nope

my 09 RS SE5 is so farkled and tuned up and pimped and you name it that no 2014 is nowhere near it which is unfortunate in a way that i have no reason to upgrade for something although new yet not better from what i have
    All i am waiting for is just 50%
    50% more power
    50% more torque
    50% more top speed
    I doubt i am gonna get it from BRP ever but i have my hopes that some other reliable manufacturer takes this concept by horns and turn it into something so many of us ( us still young ones i mean ) expected it to be in first place.

Spyder Garage

Default When are the 2014 coming out to the dealer ships

I am looking to buy a 2014 RS S SE5 when are they coming out

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sadeeky View Post
    I am looking to buy a 2014 RS S SE5 when are they coming out
    That is not what this thread is about They are already at the dealers.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

My viper red 2012 RTS is/was brand new in May. I've been doing my level best to wear it out. But in the last seven months I've only put 6,000 miles on it. At this rate I'll not wear it out for 14.5 years....I better get movin' if I'm ever gonna get another one!
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Spyder Garage

Not going for a '14, but did have my sights on a 2012 RS / S. 2011 has been right by me, so I will keep it. No need in switching horses in the middle of the stream.

Spyder Garage

No real reason to move to a 14. Happy with my 2012 RTS SE5
    Bryan

Spyder Garage

Just a word of caution to all my fellow S/L riders. After 73 years and 61 years of riding and all the toys I have owned in that period I can hardly get excited about the new 2014. Anytime big changes are made ie: new engine, transmission etc.you can always expect problems the first and into the second year. History will repeat itself! You can buy a really nice sports car (proven) for the price of the new 2014. $35-40,000 and not suffer through the first two years of Can Am struggling to get it right.

Don't get caught up in the "hype" and drink the "kool aid"

Jack

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When the '14s were announced with the 1330CC motor and 6 speed tranny I immediately said "I want one". Then after I got my front end wobble fixed and a laser alignment I realized I was totally happy with my '12 RT Ltd. Put over 500 miles on it last week and have 23,800 total miles so far since purchased new in late May last year. Gonna stick with my Pearl White baby for a few more years...maybe longer!
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Spyder Garage

Every time I go to the dealer to get some anti-corrosive spray they bug me to trade my 08 GS SM5 for a new 2013 STS and I keep telling them I'm not interested. My 08 runs great and yes I had my problems with it like most with steering issue which was taken care of and I have it the way I want it with mods. I just need to install the Rivco pegs and mirror extensions and it will be complete. Why start over with a new higher payment? I also got from them that there is a big market for the 08-09 GS/RS models and with the offer I got, I laughed heading out of the parking lot and screaming up the street.
    Happy Spyder Owner

2008 SM5, Trunk Liner, 2" Block Riser, ESI 3" Risers, Evoluzione Cycle o2 Sensor Mod, Corbin Seat and Large Oval Backrest, Madstad RoboBrackets and 24" Clear Windshield, Chrome Clear Catseye LED Tail/Brake/License Plate Light, Brake Strobe, Kuryakyn Grips, Kewlmetals Performance Air kit, Custom Dynamic Orange LED's, Spyder 1 Attitude Performance Exhaust RSS-18-B, Day Runners, Day Pucks, Rivco Highway Pegs, ESI Mirror Extensions, Rivco Floorboards.

Spyder Garage

After all the love, farkles, time, farkles, money, and farkles that we have put into our 2011 RT Ltd., we are sticking with her for the foreseeable future!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

My 2013 RT Limited is too new although i've ran hot and had an evaporator canister issue which i believe was heat related I will keep mine its still an amazing machine to ride.... Once the 2014's get out there, you will get issues like previous years, thats the way it goes, so I'll enjoy for a few tears then see what BRP has going on around 2015 or so. meanwhile ride safe an often

Spyder Garage

Default Whos NOT upgrading to 2014 ?

nope staying with my 2012RTS

Resize Wizard-1 3866.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default Not Me

Even though I had to replace the battery the day after I got it, and now it's leaking antifreeze, I will be holding onto my 2011 RT Limited for years to come. I just got it in October, because it was very affordable used. I've been doing all types of fun mods on it and look forward to putting some serious miles on it when spring arrives.
    Previous ride | 2009 Yamaha V Star Custom | black/pink flames
    Current ride | 2011 RT Limited | pearl white

Diamond R Accessories Premium Floorboards | Gorilla alarm system | Gloryders in pink kiss design | Spyder Sisters Frunk organizer | Kuryakyn clamshell grips | Lamonster Laser Alignment | Custom Dynamics HMT brake light, front fender lights, brightsides | Ultimate seat

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

I'm sticking with my 2012 rt se5 limited . It's a great ride
    ​Jeff

2012 RT Limited Lava Bronze (aka "The Bronze Beauty")
    Ultimate faux crocodile seat, backrest , and armrests in cognac-/black, Luggage nets, luggage, drink holders, top mirror, shorty antenna, SENA SMH10 headsets and SMR10 dongle, Garmin 665lm, Tri-pouch, Trunk mount flag poles, Custom Dynamics vent covers, Show Crome Luggage Rack, custom mud flap, Full Size Brake Pedal, Tricled mirror turn signals, LED strips on rear of front fenders, custom highway pegs, BakerBuilt Air Wings w/ Uppers
    2012 RT Limited , Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I considered buying a 14 but, given BRPs record with unforeseen problems, (early suspensions, throttle body, heat issues, etc.) I'll wait it out. Many hardcore Apple buyers who have gotten caught up in the hype found out the hard way with both hardware and software problems that it's always better to wait out a new device or IOS on the market until the teething pains are resolved.
    2012 Spyder RT

Spyder Garage

Going to trade the 2013 RT-S for a 14 Ltd with trailer. Selling the Goldwing and trailer. Will make the Spyder our travel bike?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I love my ST Limited and Mark is totally satisfied with his 12 RTS. Yes, there are a few issues that I hope BRP will resolve.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Just a word of caution to all my fellow S/L riders. After 73 years and 61 years of riding and all the toys I have owned in that period I can hardly get excited about the new 2014. Anytime big changes are made ie: new engine, transmission etc.you can always expect problems the first and into the second year. History will repeat itself! You can buy a really nice sports car (proven) for the price of the new 2014. $35-40,000 and not suffer through the first two years of Can Am struggling to get it right.

Don't get caught up in the "hype" and drink the "kool aid"

Jack

Good post, this happens in the car world all the time. People think they are getting the next greatest thing just to find out they have to work out the quirks.

And don't give me the ol "it's a tried and true drivetrain from some other bike" bit.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    That is not what this thread is about They are already at the dealers.

LOL

Spyder Garage

Sticking with my 2013 RT for the time being. I am waiting for good reports on the 2014. Once burned, twice shy. Right now, I need to see a little more from BRP Research and Development dept. before I plunk down this much cash again.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP is about to begin final testing on the new Spyders.

I am awaiting the reports that I rely more then any other source of information. BRP is about to begin the process so the results should be obvious before long. Generally, it is the last step taken by BRP before they know if they have produced a reasonably reliable machine.

What is the process you ask? Retailing their newly redesigned RT and waiting for the early buyers to tell them what to fix.
    Last edited by Knarfoh; 12-08-2013 at 12:36 PM.