Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Whos NOT upgrading to 2014 ?

Since we have the other side reporting in I thought the obverse view should be heard. While I like a lot of what they did to the 2014 I will continue with my 2013 at least till 2015. I want to see what BRP does with both years and am hoping values recover from the current amount mine is worth. Other than a laser alignment, I have no major issues (yet) to deal with.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

We just got our 2 2011's this year so we won't likely upgrade for at least a few years pending any catastrophic failures of course.
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Not us

Will stay with our '13 STS. Other than a radio issue and the recall (no recall associated issues) it's been great.
    Last edited by Saluda; 12-07-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Spyder Garage

I am keeping my 13.

The 14 does not offer BLUE so between the cost to paint, along with $10k higher price out the door, just not enough difference with the slightly more powerful engine and the 6 speed. Not really sure why I would want to shift more than I do now. Don't get into 5th until 65 on the freeway anyhow.

The longer range and larger engine are nice, but not $10k nice.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I keep buying upgrades for my 13 so I'm stuck with it till the age and price balance out. Based on my "first time" ownership of this brand and weather or not BRP helps me fix it this will be my last Spyder ever.
    Sold my 14 RTS went back to 2 wheels.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE

Spyder Garage

Default me

after putting time and money into the bike with the upper and lower vents from vertika trikes i will keep it and hope for the best when summer comes and see what happens with the heat issue
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Talking

Staying put. I prefer the 990 compared to the puller motor in the '14 (no offense intended- to each his own)
    Not a ruuning board guy either. Do like the '14 clutch concept. Have never felt the need for a 6th gear tho.
    Really like the new maintenance schedule and hope BRP gets enough data to further tweek the pre '14's maintenance schedule.

Love my 2011 and have far to much invested (time, money, & blood) to abandon it. Except for the one issue most everyone is aware of. I could not be happier.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Thanks to spyderpops my 2010 RT is right where I want it. I was going to purchase a 2014 but after my major problem was eliminated (limp mode) because of a poor dealer installed wiring harness for the trailer, I'm perfectly happy with my 2010. My Spyder is fast enough as is after all it's a tour bike. Stopping every 140-160 miles doesn't bother me. Will wait a couple more years.

Spyder Garage

Default Staying put..!!

our 2012 RS is all it can be and it never let us down so we remain loyal...being first to new things has never worked out for us and being the a guinea pig not that much fun...others are luckier so will stand back and watch the frenzy...!! This RT hype is more than the ST hype hope it is a better result...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Staying put......... Love my 2011 and have far to much invested (time, money, & blood) to abandon it. Except for the one issue most everyone is aware of. I could not be happier.
    I feel the same way about my 2012 RT and have no plans to give it up in the forseeable future...

Spyder Garage

Default Staying with 2012

We are happy with and staying with our 2012 RTS SE5 and I have farkled it to the way I want it. I am impressed with the improvements to the 14's, but will wait a year or two to upgrade. I want to wait for all the bugs to be found and worked out before I buy. I have not been impressed with all the problems with the 13's which were suppose to be improvements.

Spyder Garage

Default 2014

2011 RT A/C. 14000 miles and no plans to part ways.New is not always better and BRP seems to have a reputation with New!

Spyder Garage

Default I love my 2012 RT-S

It was my dream machine ever since I first saw it at January 2012 motorcycle show. Although I managed to purchase it only in September 2013 I was absolutely blown away by my experience with it compared to a two-wheeler before that. I intend to remain loyal and am not planning to part with it.
    Last edited by Barlock; 12-07-2013 at 01:36 PM.
    2012 RT-S SE5 with Web Boards, custom graphics and battery tender leads

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cjackg View Post
    I feel the same way about my 2012 RT and have no plans to give it up in the forseeable future...
    Quote Originally Posted by LJspydee View Post
    We are happy with and staying with our 2012 RTS SE5 and I have farkled it to the way I want it. I am impressed with the improvements to the 14's, but will wait a year or two to upgrade. I want to wait for all the bugs to be found and worked out before I buy. I have not been impressed with all the problems with the 13's which were suppose to be improvements.
    I have my 2012 Lava Bronze RT exactly the way I want it.I have also done 25000 trouble free miles on it in the 18 months I have had it.
    Looking forward to a long trip out West in the Summer on it.

ivor

Spyder Garage

Default Staying with my 2012 RT

I got such a good deal on my RT A&C, there's no way I could move up to the 14' model. Granted, I would love to have the 1330 CC engine...Just need to wait a while (if ever) to upgrade.

I'm VERY happy with my rYde!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default upgrade

my 2013 rt is my first spyder and I really enjoy it. the first 300 miles I had my doubts but now I would not go back to two wheels, besides I'm too old ! I have been lucky, no heat issues that others have had. I did install a baha ron sway bar and it was everything that was advertised. I also added an exhaust fan at the bottom of the roadster and two air scoops on the top to exhaust some of the warm air trapped by the tubberware. maybe some day i'll think about a new one, but, as the saying goes"don't buy green bananas at this age" !!!!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

I bought my 2012 RTS-SE5 A/C last year, I am going to keep my 2012 RT-SE5A/C. I am happy with my 2012 RTS-SE5A/C Quantum Metallic Blue. I have only 6,000 miles on my mine, and I am hoping to put on more miles on it.

I can not upgrade to the 14'RTS
    - SE6 model. I like the new maintenance schedule and the upgrades that BRP made to the 2014 RTS-SE6 Models. To each his own decision. I can not afford to trade, and I am still paying on my spyder. Deanna777
    Last edited by Deanna777; 12-10-2013 at 07:16 PM.
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

No issues to date with my 2013 RT. I love it and have no intention of upgrading. The values have to rebound a bit anyway.
    Jonny
    2013 Spyder RT Limited
    • TricLED 3rd and 4th Brake Light
    • Spyderpops Bumpskid with TricLED LED kit
    • GloRyder Wheel Lights
    • Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    • Corbin Arm Rests
    • TricLED Turn Signals

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool 2011 RT-L SE-5

I'f I am physically still functioning and my Parkinson's continues to stay where it is presently at I might trade it. Hopefully they will not have a lot of problems with te2014'sf

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default not upgrading..

Ivor has an amazing RTS

Spyder Garage

Well, I did part ways with my 2010 RTS, but, personally, I wouldn't consider a 2014. Given the history (2012 - 2013), I won't even look at one until 2016 - and then ONLY, if my Honda becomes too much to handle....JMHO
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

12 RT A&C Orbital Blue 23k fairly troublefree miles, sway bar K B hid spyderpops plates highway bars senas think I'll keep it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Spyder Garage

Apologies
    Last edited by AbNormy; 12-07-2013 at 02:18 PM.
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Spyder Garage

Default No change

Happy with my 2010 RTS. After 38000 miles on it I have the handling and all the frankles I want.. I will put another 20+k miles before I'll consider another RTS by than the 15's might be out.

Spyder Garage

Default not me

like my '12 RTS, and it's paid for
    2012 RTS SE5, GT stripes, belt guard, hmt brake light, lower vent heat deflector, driver foot boards, Corbin seat, RH vent covers