Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    I would be a fool if I traded the only Spyder ever built that actually increases in value every year (08 PE).

I see your still holding out on that one. I guess I have to admit being duped by all that Premier Edition rah rah stuff. It does not seem to be working on my RT-S #474. (Cloaking button on).

I have a genuine 2010 RT-S Premier Edition that will be traded off. I am willing to sell it for only $45,000 to the first person with cash. Don't wait, its a premier edition.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I strongly considered the '14 RTS and even talked to Len about a trade. But being a new model year, I'm going to wait at least a year to see how it goes. I love my '11 red RTS and there's nothing wrong with it. The bigger engine would be fine, but a shaft drive would really make me jump.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

I had a chance to test ride one at the Motorcycle show yesterday in Long Beach, and this is an unquestionable step up. It is just a smoother ride with far more power.

I can't jump in to a 2014, especially with only a year and half on my (purchased used) 2010 RT and a house eating up my accounts, but I'll certainly make the upgrade within a few years.

If the insides are as improved as the ride, then they have a real winner on their hands, and I think we'll see far fewer disappointed RT owners in the coming years.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Reply

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Staying put. I prefer the 990 compared to the puller motor in the '14 (no offense intended- to each his own)
    Not a ruuning board guy either. Do like the '14 clutch concept. Have never felt the need for a 6th gear tho.
    Really like the new maintenance schedule and hope BRP gets enough data to further tweek the pre '14's maintenance schedule.

Love my 2011 and have far to much invested (time, money, & blood) to abandon it. Except for the one issue most everyone is aware of. I could not be happier.
    Saw I got a private message from you but can't figure out how to open it.

Spyder Garage

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenGH View Post
    Saw I got a private message from you but can't figure out how to open it.
    Click on your name, click send private message, click inbox, respond within the message box, then click submit PM.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs down 1330 and 6 speed

Is the new 1330 motor and 6 speed only going to be in the RT line? So all the cheaper models still get the 998 motor and 5 speed?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluep View Post
    Is the new 1330 motor and 6 speed only going to be in the RT line? So all the cheaper models still get the 998 motor and 5 speed?
    That is correct for the moment. If it turns out to be a great powerplant, I see that being changed in future years.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

The long haired Col and I have put almost 7000 miles on our 2013 RTS and are prepping for some spyderpop upgrades over the winter. Although it is always nice to have the newest version it can also be the one with the most problems. We have been lucky and have not had any issues with ours and plan to drive it like a rental until we are ready to upgrade.

Spyder Garage

Default Just bought will stay

I am staying with the 2013 RTS-SE5 I just bought in September. I got a great deal $21,300 and it is running just fine.

Just finished the last mod - well almost the last - still plan to put some led's on the mirrors.

The 2014 has some nice features - I had a Victory Vision Tour with a huge motor that was happy at 2200 RPM all day and with a sixth gear that netted me 40-45 mpg.

From that experience I think the bigger engine and torque more on the lower end along with the 6th gear is nice but not a big enough incentive to move up.

The rest of the changes such as tank capacity and electric clutch are nice-to-haves as well but not the 'killer updates' to make a change. I now get 27-30 mpg and my Spyder has the same legs as most of my Harley Buddies so nothing lost there.

I already have the '2014 suspension' as I upgraded my 2013 with 2014 springs and shocks as some of you may have seen in my other post(s).

The 2014 is a very nice step in evolution but not 'revolutionary' as the changes were from the 2012 era to the 2013. The 2014 is a great machine looks like and if I were back level I might consider it.

Satisfied enough right now.
    Jim

Toy Collection:
    2013 RTS-SE5 Circuit Yellow
    2014 RT Shocks, Bajaron Sway Bar
    55 W HID Lights, 80 W LED Fog Lamps Yellow
    Ultimate TB Seat, Akrapovic Muffler
    SpyderPops Skid Plate, "Spyder" Rear Hub Caps
    Saddle Bag Scuff Protectors, Hopnel Tri-pouch
    Trunk IPod Carrier, Bores1 GPS mount, Rivco Flag Mount
    2008 Corvette Conv. Crystal Red/Cashmere Z-51
    1999 Fleetwood Discovery 36-T
    The kids are gone, the kids are gone!
    Now *I* get the toys!

Spyder Garage

If I trade up it may be a 2015. My '10 runs great and it is set up perfect with fox shocks and Ron's sway bar along with a few other mods. After Lamont done the Lazer alignment I couldn't be more satisified with it. Oh, by the way, I may jump on one when they do Blue again.
    Last edited by StanProff; 12-10-2013 at 07:08 PM.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    That is not what this thread is about They are already at the dealers.
    Up here in Vermont ( At Land Air in Essex Junction) the 14's wont be in until Feb/ or March ) Deanna777
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Not upgrading

I am quite happy with my pure magnesium 2013 ST-S.....want to put a lot more milage on her and get farkles, farkles, and just run the heck out of her, no problems with this one so far ....love It , and just getting started.
    2017 F3T , silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StanProff View Post
    If I trade up it may be a 2015. My '10 runs great and it is set up perfect with fox shocks and Ron's sway bar along with a few other mods. After Lamont done the Lazer alignment I couldn't be more satisified with it. Oh, by the way, I may jump on one when they do Blue again.
    I'm with you StanProff. My '10 RT-S is all set up with shocks, RonBar, backrest and extra lights and I'm having alignment done at Spyderfest. Plus bought a Jeep GC last fall so have pay for that to be able upgrade to the 1330 ACE and SE6. All bugs should be worked out by then along more new farkles will be available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    SpyderPhyl

2014 Cognac RT-LTD, SE6, ACE 1330

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

I've got my 2012 RS just the way I want it. At just over 2,000 miles (all last summer) it is still a baby. Here's hoping for years of awesome ground pounding ahead of us.bike.jpg
    2012 Spyder RS SM5 - Steel Black Metallic "The Murder"
    Southern Cruisers Riding Club - Chapter 072 - Northern Illinois
    Two Brothers M2 Pipe; TB Juice Box; Hartco Custom Saddle; Rivco Driver Floorboards; Rivco Heel Toe Shifter; ESI Highway Pegs & Brackets; ESI 4.5" Easy Riser Handlebar Risers; BajaRon Sway Bar; Cycle Sounds Series 3 200 Watt Sound System; 14" Touring Windshield; Custom Dynamics Mirror Extensions; Kuryakyn ISO Grips; Kuryakyn Throttle Boss; Kuryakyn End Weights; Frunk Liner.

Spyder Garage

I posted a week ago thinking about trading up to a 2014 RT. I have a 2012 RT and I have modified it to suit me! I like a lot of the changes in the new RT but the responses to my post made me think twice (and more!). My bike is paid for, looks great and is still under warranty so I decided to add a 3 year BEST warranty and ride on! I may reconsider next year but I'll have a lot more information about the changes made and how well they work in the real world by then!
    summerdawn

Spyder Garage

You got it where you want it- Its paid for- You are adding a 3 Year Best warranty which WILL help resale value if you decide to trade down the road!

I think you made a smart decision you will be happy with!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

I'm wondering how much of a hit people are taking for trading in a bike that is only a year or two old?

Seems like a bad financial decision unless you just have disposable income.

Spyder Garage

I looked at going up to a 2014, test rode one and even had permission from the boss to guy one if I wanted. But I decided to stay with my 2011. I have it set up the way I like and don't have any problems with it. Maybe I'll relook at things in a couple of years. Maybe...
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    I'm wondering how much of a hit people are taking for trading in a bike that is only a year or two old?

Seems like a bad financial decision unless you just have disposable income.
    Buying one to begin with has to be from disposable income, no?

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Buying one to begin with has to be from disposable income, no?

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Well, I guess sorta. I worked hard to get a decent deal, but I can't afford to take a $2000-$3000 ...or more, hit 12-24 months later on it.

Spyder Garage

Default Keeping my 2013 RT-S

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    Since we have the other side reporting in I thought the obverse view should be heard. While I like a lot of what they did to the 2014 I will continue with my 2013 at least till 2015. I want to see what BRP does with both years and am hoping values recover from the current amount mine is worth. Other than a laser alignment, I have no major issues (yet) to deal with.
    Well, since I just bought my 2013 two months ago...I will not be upgrading anytime soon.

Rd_runner
    2019 F3 Unlimited , Oxford Blue Dark Edition

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rd_Runner View Post
    Well, since I just bought my 2013 two months ago...I will not be upgrading anytime soon.

Rd_runner
    Yeah. Bought my 2013 after the 14s were out so no. But it also doesn't help that the 2014 RS-S is the same vehicle I have now.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default keeping mine

i have a 2013 RT. Ltd. i haven't had any problems with mine. i've been riding in 80 plus temp. here in Ft. Lauderdale. I love mine had it almost a year and have 4,000 miles. Will have the software update this Wednesday.

Spyder Garage

No, not upgrading. Don't see any reason to at this point.
    "Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward."

'09 Phantom GS (#14) (Gone but not forgotten) and 2010 RS-S

Spyder Garage

Default Trying to be content.

It is very easy for us to want the newest, biggest and best of things be it a car,boat, camper, motorcycle or just about anything you could name. I guess it is in our nature to want the latest and greatest. I am no different. I am at the point of my life where I think about retirement almost everyday, finances and savings Etc. Do I want to commit to another 25 to 30 thousand of debt? I could pull the money perhaps from a retirement account, savings or something, but is this something that I really want to do? This is something I am undecided about especially, as I said earlier in this thread, my 2010 runs great and is set up perfect with zero issues. I love the way it handles and runs. Oh well, I have committed myself to be content and not jump the gun for at least another year. I'm happy for all of you that have or have ordered the new '14 1330. Keep the reports coming. I really believe BRP is on the right track and can't wait for what the future holds for the Spyders.
    Happy Spyderlovers