Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cold Ryde?

Spyder Garage

balaclavas are cheap an do wonders to keep the face warm. Still looking for something to keep the legs warmer maybe Under armour. Heated grips are a must have,
    Last edited by Magdave; 12-18-2013 at 11:03 AM.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    balaclavas are cheap an do wonders to keep the face warm. Still locking for something to keep the legs warmer maybe Under armour. Heated grips are a must have,
    Yup, Yup, and Yup. I find all of the above will allow me to ride down to about 10 degrees above (ambient temperature--not wind chill)--with no ice or snow on the roads. These days, after that, I have reached my fun quotient.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default LH engine compartment

Here is a pic of the LH side engine compartment after removal of the resonator and air box monster.
    Took a short cold ryde last night and could not find any vibration after the smooth spyder belt tensioner installation.

The new intake didn't make a big sound difference on acceleration as some had warned.
    Will be nice to be able to access the plugs etc in there without a major tear down.
    LH After.jpg
    Ryde Straight and True with...
    2015 Intense Red Pearl RTS SE6 - Laser Alignment by Precisyon Trac, Tri-Axis handle bars, ? to be determined.

2014 XLR Viper 305V14 Toyhauler (Home)
    2015 Ram 3500HD Crew Cab

Former Spyders
    2010 Blue RT A&C SE5 53K plus miles - never left us stranded!
    2013 Pure Magnesium Metallic ST SE5 11K plus miles - never left us stranded!

Spyder Garage

Default RH Engine compartment

Attached a pic of the open cavern in RH engine compartment after removing the airbox and resonator.

Test ryde was a thumbs up on the new intake :-)RH After.jpg

Ryde Straight and True with...
    2015 Intense Red Pearl RTS SE6 - Laser Alignment by Precisyon Trac, Tri-Axis handle bars, ? to be determined.

2014 XLR Viper 305V14 Toyhauler (Home)
    2015 Ram 3500HD Crew Cab

Former Spyders
    2010 Blue RT A&C SE5 53K plus miles - never left us stranded!
    2013 Pure Magnesium Metallic ST SE5 11K plus miles - never left us stranded!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Guy View Post
    Cold, that's BBQ weather! As I type it's -30C, with the windchill -40C!
    Yesterday, 60 miles from here it was the coldest place on the planet, with the wind -52!!!
    Damn, got me covered! It's only 30F (-1C) here with about 4-5 inches of snow. Got the Spyder in my storage shed till the thaw comes......................

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags