Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default A Gathering of spyders

Just in case you missed the message on the General forum.
    On December 7th the crystal river mall is having food trucks, live music and entertainment.

To support the wounded warrior program. It has a fee of 2.00 which will go to the program.
    I'm headed over at noon time--I'll find a good place for spyders to park and gather.
    Since I am a new resident of Florida it would be good to meet other riders and support our military.
    Hope to see spyders in our 80 degree weather.
    Miss Cow Town but don't miss the cold.
    Gene
    Beyond happy SpyderLover

Spyder Garage

GENE!! When the heck did you move to Florida?!!

Spyder Garage

Default 80 no more

would be nice we are going to have cold weather this weekend so no riding but as soon as the weather clears ( as in no rain ) back on the road.

have fun at the outing
    Rick11Flor practicing for retirement. Everyday is a new day and I try to live it to the max.
    We (DW and I) travel to distant lands three or more months per year now looking for a Outlaw to take the Spyder along.

Spyder Garage

Default Great..!!

have a fun time...hope it's a big gathering for a great cause. Make sure you get some pic's....westcoast gene..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've got relatives that live near the Crystal River Mall. I'll warn them that you live there now.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Go South young man

G-man
    Been here 2 months and have enjoyed every day---I have a Florida licence and licence plates on the spyder. Now I can say those darn Snowbirds drive to slow just so they can look at everything.
    Ms. Virginia came down stayed two weeks to find a house got a great place to live month later our house sold. Everything came together fast PCS move in 30 days----just like the good ole days.
    and
    Its a short notice message so hopefully it gets read --- I have high hopes
    and
    Ms. Ann if your kin folks are anything like you I GOT FRIENDS HERE
    Pictures of the trip to the UP Michigan pop up on screen saver-----you coming across the bridge makes me smile every time I see it.
    Beyond happy SpyderLover

Spyder Garage

Nice to hear from you again Gene ! on your move to Fla. Hope you're enjoying it as much as I am here, in AZ.
    There should be quite a few spyders there in Fla. now to meet up with.
    Now you can get rid of those winter clothes

Good luck on your fund raiser for the wounded warrior program.

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RTGENE View Post
    Just in case you missed the message on the General forum.
    On December 7th the crystal river mall is having food trucks, live music and entertainment.

To support the wounded warrior program. It has a fee of 2.00 which will go to the program.
    I'm headed over at noon time--I'll find a good place for spyders to park and gather.
    Since I am a new resident of Florida it would be good to meet other riders and support our military.
    Hope to see spyders in our 80 degree weather.
    Miss Cow Town but don't miss the cold.
    Gene
    WOW, Gene I miss you already and didn't even know you were gone. Really we need to stay in touch better. By the way it looks like today may be the last day I get to ride for the next several days due to a winter blast coming. I'll try not to rub it in this summer when we are riding and it is too hot to ride in Florida.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

I did miss the message on the general forum and can't seem to find it. Where bouts in Crystal River are the food trucks going to be? There's a mall just north of the city limits. That probably would be an ideal place to have them. I'll talk to my wife, Cindy, and see if we can ease over there. I know it's for a good cause.

Chris

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Lee View Post
    WOW, Gene I miss you already and didn't even know you were gone. Really we need to stay in touch better. By the way it looks like today may be the last day I get to ride for the next several days due to a winter blast coming. I'll try not to rub it in this summer when we are riding and it is too hot to ride in Florida.
    Hey Mo.. You want him back??? He is complaining about the heat already....

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    I did miss the message on the general forum and can't seem to find it. Where bouts in Crystal River are the food trucks going to be? There's a mall just north of the city limits. That probably would be an ideal place to have them. I'll talk to my wife, Cindy, and see if we can ease over there. I know it's for a good cause.

Chris
    I say there Chris... let me know about the time you are going as I am thinking about the ride. Might be able to meet you between here and thar.

Spyder Garage

Hi Forrest. I talked to Cindy and she said let's do it. I figure it's about a two hour ride to Crystal River from Sanford. I'd be leaving Sanford around 9:00ish. I could meet you in Longwood at the Steak n Shake or where ever you suggest.

On another note please forgive me for not getting back to you on your call. My phone was out of commission for about three days, and I didn't get your message until way past when you left it. That's no excuse for not calling back then so I'm begging your forgiveness. <smiles>

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by effgjamis View Post
    Hey Mo.. You want him back??? He is complaining about the heat already....
    Let me think about that, I promise I'll get back to you sometime in the next 10 years.
    Happy Owner

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Now I can say those darn Snowbirds drive to slow...
    Now you can understand me.. See you in the 7th and welcome to Florida
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Happy riding and thanks for your support.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

Default Dec 7

Forrest
    Here is the web site for this event-------its 2 miles north of town on Hwy 19.
    Again I'll find us a place in the shade to park before noon time( 80+ Saturday)
    Oh yes if you hear from MoLee ask if
    he has snow chains

Food Truck Wars

GET OUR APPETITES READY

Coming to The Crystal River MallFood Truck Wars Saturday Dec.7th Noon-6pmOver 40 Gourmet Food Trucks will line up at the mall! $2 Adm.
    Beyond happy SpyderLover

Spyder Garage

Forrest
    Here is the web site for this event-------its 2 miles north of town on Hwy 19.
    Again I'll find us a place in the shade to park before noon time( 80+ Saturday)
    Oh yes if you hear from MoLee ask if
    he has snow chains

Food Truck Wars

GET OUR APPETITES READY

Coming to The Crystal River MallFood TrucWars Saturday Dec.7th Noon-6pmOver 40 Gourmet Food Trucks will line up at the mall! $2 Adm.
    ​That's where the mall is on the right hand/east side of 19. Cindy & I will be leaving Sanford around 9:00ish and should be over that way around 11;00ish. Hope to see some over there. I would think being over there on the west coast that they'll have a truck with some great fried shrimp. Also because Crystal River is near Lecanto, Flarda, I would think that some good Mehican food would be available.

​Chris

Spyder Garage

Default A Gathering of spyders

G-man
    Been here 2 months and have enjoyed every day---I have a Florida licence and licence plates on the spyder. Now I can say those darn Snowbirds drive to slow just so they can look at everything.
    Ms. Virginia came down stayed two weeks to find a house got a great place to live month later our house sold. Everything came together fast PCS move in 30 days----just like the good ole days.
    and
    Its a short notice message so hopefully it gets read --- I have high hopes
    and
    Ms. Ann if your kin folks are anything like you I GOT FRIENDS HERE
    Pictures of the trip to the UP Michigan pop up on screen saver-----you coming across the bridge makes me smile every time I see it.

That is a great way to retire, enjoy yourselves.

Dom

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation Florida????

Gene you devil you!!! MOVE to FLORIDA!!! you will sweat buckets the first year and be in short sleeves. Second year in long sleeves by the 5th year you will be complaining about it being COLD at 70 degrees!!! Sure hope you have a blast down there now. Just to make you feel better we have over 4 inches of SNOW 16degrees and still snowing. Gona be a long day today!!! Sooo glad you got on here so we all know where you are. Missed you and your humor!!! Take care and WATCH OUT FOR THOSE SNOW BIRDS!!!!

Spyder Garage

Okay.....well......Cindy & I will be leaving Sanford around 9:00 A.M., tomorrow (Saturday) to ride over to Crystal River for the Wounded Warrior Food Truck benefit. I talked to Forrest yesterday, (Thursday) and we will meet him in Wildwood at the Steak n Shake around 10:00ish. Knowing Forrest he'll probably be eating some breakfast when we get there.

Anyone interested in riding with us, you have a couple of options. Leave the Race Trac gas station in Sanford (intersection of SR46 and Rinehart Road) at 9:00 or meet us at the Steak n Shake in Wildwood next to I-75. We'll leave there and be in Crystal River around 11:30.

All are welcome and the weather should be chamber of commerce gorgeous. I'm bringing my trailer so that I can take some chairs. Usually these Food Truck gatherings don't have a lot of seating arrangements. I'm also bringing my own drinks. (Save $$$$)

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeFeet View Post
    Gene you devil you!!! MOVE to FLORIDA!!! you will sweat buckets the first year and be in short sleeves. Second year in long sleeves by the 5th year you will be complaining about it being COLD at 70 degrees!!! Sure hope you have a blast down there now. Just to make you feel better we have over 4 inches of SNOW 16degrees and still snowing. Gona be a long day today!!! Sooo glad you got on here so we all know where you are. Missed you and your humor!!! Take care and WATCH OUT FOR THOSE SNOW BIRDS!!!!
    I was beginning to think you had moved to Florida as well, since it has been so long since we've heard from you.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Sounds good Cj {Carol } and I well try and meet you at 44/I-75 at 10am

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

Default Last one out turn off the lights

Drove out to the mall this evening they have a very large area roped off.
    but plenty of room for parking----good idea bring chairs-----seating is limited with only 6 porta potties -----
    and
    Three feet the season to ride is never ending------ rain sleet ice (16 degrees) and 4 inches of snow how hard can it be to decide--come on down----but don't tell MoLee
    smile
    Beyond happy SpyderLover

Spyder Garage

Drove out to the mall this evening they have a very large area roped off.
    but plenty of room for parking----good idea bring chairs-----seating is limited with only 6 porta potties -----
    and
    Three feet the season to ride is never ending------ rain sleet ice (16 degrees) and 4 inches of snow how hard can it be to decide--come on down----but don't tell MoLee
    smile
    Gene I believe you missed this facebook post from June, I know the route.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Hey Gene..............good to hear that you are doing well in the SUNNY SOUTH. Some of the guys in the PGR mentioned that you had moved to Flordia but didn't know where. Must be nice, it's 12 degrees this morning and snow and ice in on the ground. We won't see 80 degrees until sometime in June.

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards