Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Default STS Aftermarket Exhausts

Who ha changed their exhaust on their STS Spyders and what have you put on?
    Jim Lemkow
    2012 RT Limited Brown with Tan Corbin Lamonster style seat,
    two Boys slip on pipes, fender lights, cup holder, seal floor boards, Elka Shocks

2013 STS - Elka Shocks, Two Bothers Exhaust..lots of lights

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have the Akraopovic on mine and love the sound. And the best thing is it fits perfect.

Carl
    Last edited by quickster47; 11-30-2013 at 08:14 AM.

Spyder Garage

I have the 6" Cannon made for the CanAm RT but I believe it also fits the ST series also (2013). Check my thread on the RT page under mooseman. I really like it!

Spyder Garage

Akrapovic and removed the baffles. Great tone, nice and deep, not too loud.
    HMF now do a pipe for the RT/ST. I had one of their Performance Series on my previous RSS, thinking about getting one for my ST but I seem to have a lot of old Mufflers around already. 6 at last count lol
    Last edited by Colin; 11-26-2013 at 06:06 PM.
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Akrapovic, which one?

Quote Originally Posted by quickster47 View Post
    I have the Akraopovic on mine and love the sound. And the best thing is it fit perfect.

Carl
    I heard an Akrapovic with the baffles removed and loved it. But, I see there are two different Akrapovic's for the ST's. Touring & Performance (I think there called) Any idea what the difference is?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jlemkow View Post
    Who ha changed their exhaust on their STS Spyders and what have you put on?
    I just bought the TBR carbon fiber muffler set up for my 2013 Black ST, the directions are terrible, even the pictures are not clear! If you go to TBR web site and pull up the Spyder ST install instructions you will see them. I cannot get install #7 to fit, it shows the spacer you must use for the ST/RT and it says to (quote " Install supplied TBR spacer into OEM rubber grommet for ST " The problem is the spacer they show and give you for the ST will not fit into the OEM rubber grommet hole ! TBR instructions show a person simply pushing the spacer in, however, no matter how hard and long I tried I cannot get it in, it does not fit. And, without this spacer you cannot install the muffler hanger> Even a friend of mine who is a cert BRP Can Am Spyder mechanic can not get it to fit. This part in the kit that sells for $609.00 (good quality, but too much money, I only bought it cause it is the only one for the 13 St that is carbon fiber) must be wrong? All I can do at this point is wait till Monday and call TBR and try to find out what's up with this?
    I also took of the Cat which gets super hot and I feel is part of the problem with the heat. Just take a look at Jim's (SmoothSpyder) photos he took of how hot it gets, it actually melted the power tip he had in his muffler!!! I believe he posted the photos of it on this site. Just a note here, the cat by-pass pipes made by Spyder Attitude ,one of our sponsors is well worth the $450.00, it was a perfect fit and the quality is very good, the bends are close to mandrell bends.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 333Club View Post
    I heard an Akrapovic with the baffles removed and loved it. But, I see there are two different Akrapovic's for the ST's. Touring & Performance (I think there called) Any idea what the difference is?
    From what I gathered it is pretty much cosmetic, The Touring, which I have is a little bigger and has bigger Carbon Fibre Shields, and the Sport is slightly smaller and a different shape. Couldnt get anyone to give me info on performance difference.
    I went with the Touring as I prefer the shape of it over the Sports.

The sound is much deeper than most other aftermarket Mufflers and I love it. Just need to perform a little surgery on the "Cat" to help it a little.
    Last edited by Colin; 11-28-2013 at 04:17 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Exhausts

I have Two Brothers Black series Carbon F. on my sts, love the sound but I had to take my bike to a Meineke store to get done since they did not fit the ST-S directions from Two brothers are horrible but good exhausts. Hope this help

Spyder Garage

Default waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    I have the 6" Cannon made for the CanAm RT but I believe it also fits the ST series also (2013). Check my thread on the RT page under mooseman. I really like it!

Have being trying to find out if the cannon exhaust is available for the ST-Limited, still waiting for an answer from my PM to you and my email sent to REVO CYCLE
    2017 F3-S , circuit yellow

Spyder Garage

I had the Akrapovic sports muffler installed by the dealer on our STS prior to delivery. Sounds great and just enough exhaust sound for me. Only downside is the price.
    Last edited by Benggolf; 12-26-2013 at 12:58 AM.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the advice
    Jim Lemkow
    2012 RT Limited Brown with Tan Corbin Lamonster style seat,
    two Boys slip on pipes, fender lights, cup holder, seal floor boards, Elka Shocks

2013 STS - Elka Shocks, Two Bothers Exhaust..lots of lights

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Had the Akrapovic Touring exhaust installed before I drove it home and love it, much deeper purr and even my mechanic comments on how much better it sounds!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

yoshi grate pipe got it off ebay fits grate sounds good.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by napper39 View Post
    yoshi grate pipe got it off ebay fits grate sounds good.
    Do you have the Yoshimura R-77 installed on a ST-S?

Carl

Spyder Garage

I have an Akrapovic from my STS that I will be selling if it won't work on my new 2014 RTS which should be here by end of month. Send me a message if you are interested in it. It is in like new condition.

Thanks,

Shawn
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder-dude View Post
    I have an Akrapovic from my STS that I will be selling if it won't work on my new 2014 RTS which should be here by end of month. Send me a message if you are interested in it. It is in like new condition.

Thanks,

Shawn
    It shouls just bolt straight on, as the RT and ST systems are the same.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vmaxman View Post
    I just bought the TBR carbon fiber muffler set up for my 2013 Black ST, the directions are terrible, even the pictures are not clear! If you go to TBR web site and pull up the Spyder ST install instructions you will see them. I cannot get install #7 to fit, it shows the spacer you must use for the ST/RT and it says to (quote " Install supplied TBR spacer into OEM rubber grommet for ST " The problem is the spacer they show and give you for the ST will not fit into the OEM rubber grommet hole ! TBR instructions show a person simply pushing the spacer in, however, no matter how hard and long I tried I cannot get it in, it does not fit. And, without this spacer you cannot install the muffler hanger> Even a friend of mine who is a cert BRP Can Am Spyder mechanic can not get it to fit. This part in the kit that sells for $609.00 (good quality, but too much money, I only bought it cause it is the only one for the 13 St that is carbon fiber) must be wrong? All I can do at this point is wait till Monday and call TBR and try to find out what's up with this?
    I also took of the Cat which gets super hot and I feel is part of the problem with the heat. Just take a look at Jim's (SmoothSpyder) photos he took of how hot it gets, it actually melted the power tip he had in his muffler!!! I believe he posted the photos of it on this site. Just a note here, the cat by-pass pipes made by Spyder Attitude ,one of our sponsors is well worth the $450.00, it was a perfect fit and the quality is very good, the bends are close to mandrell bends.

DSC00241.jpgDSC00240.jpgHere are the pic's of my melted 2 Bro's P1 powertip from my ST-S. The Cat puts out some serious heat, my next mod is the bypass. I will install an AFR meter at the same time as the bypass to see how the numbers are and to see how much the ECM will eventually compensate, enough I hope.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Wow Jim, that is really some serious heat to have caused that kind of damage.

Carl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by quickster47 View Post
    Wow Jim, that is really some serious heat to have caused that kind of damage.

Carl
    I couldn't believe it, that was after a few mile wide open blast. The next day I cranked it up and thought "man, my exhaust sure sounds strange today, I looked in there and seen the aluminum inside tube had melted and had tried to push itself out.