Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Default ABATE of Florida

American Bikers Aimed Toward Education
    I would like to extend an open invitation to you to attend one of our ABATE meetings and get to know us and what stand for and what we do. We are so much more then “those guys who got the helmet law repealed”. Our meeting next month is on Sunday Decmber 15, 2013 at 10am. It is held at the Sanford Moose Lodge. We meet the third Sunday of each month 10am.
    2660 S Palmetto Ave, Sanford, FL ‎
    (407) 321-2534 ‎ ·

Many people think they know all about Abate. Surprisingly, just as many have never heard of us or have no idea what we are about. This is a chance to take an hour out of your day to learn all about us. Some bullet points of our many accomplishments recently:

• On July 30, 2000 we had a 30 year old Helmet Law repealed, allowing us freedom of choice.
    • We are now in the top four Motorcycle Rights Organizations, (MRO) in the country
    • We had handlebar height laws modified
    • We successfully fought a law that would have forbid our children from riding on our bikes.
    • We successfully fought a bill that would have confiscated motorcycles for going 30mph over a speed limit
    • We developed and have taught thousands the MSAP the Motorcycle Safety Awareness Program, gaining us over one million dollars in State funding to promote Motorcycle Safety.
    • Fought the vertical tag law and penalty
    • Fought the profiling of motorcyclists by eliminating motorcycle only check points
    • We fought for and helped get passed the first penalty of any kind in Florida for texting while driving

There are many more. Many are bills we fight to block that would remove your rights as a rider. Bills such as the one that wanted to dictate all apparel, head to foot, that you MUST wear to be able to ride a motorcycle.
    Please, take some time to come see what we are about. We are a group of great people who want to help educate young and old and in between all about Motorcycle Safety. We welcome you to any meeting.
    A couple of helpful Websites are:
    http://abatesemco.org/ our site
    http://www.abateflorida.com/ state site
    http://lic.abateflorida.com/ current legislation

Jim Lemkow – PR and Communications and Safety Trustee Abate of Florida Seminole County
    407-310-7194
    Jim Lemkow
    2012 RT Limited Brown with Tan Corbin Lamonster style seat,
    two Boys slip on pipes, fender lights, cup holder, seal floor boards, Elka Shocks

2013 STS - Elka Shocks, Two Bothers Exhaust..lots of lights

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I like all of your acomplishments EXCEPT the no helmet. JMHO Do you have all good and bad report on mc accidents. Do you like football players wear no helmet? and your team will not because it against your freedom. If this don't make sense so be it.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jerpinoy View Post
    I like all of your acomplishments EXCEPT the no helmet. JMHO Do you have all good and bad report on mc accidents. Do you like football players wear no helmet? and your team will not because it against your freedom. If this don't make sense so be it.
    The helmet law modification in FL allows the rider the freedom of choice - it does have limits as to age and insurance coverage. Personally, I always wear my helmet in FL and any other state that gives the rider the choice, not the government. ABATE FL also pushes enforcement of driving distracted laws. Sadly, more riders are killed in FL by distracted drivers then without a helmet. Too many times those drivers walk away with no repercussions so everything that can be done to change that is a positive.
    Bill
    Pride Runs Deep Semper Tacitus

An armed man is a Citizen; an unarmed man is a subject....

2017 F3 T SE6
    2015 Vulcan Vaquero ABS
    ALR Chapter 401 (Hilliard FL)
    GA & FL Patriot Guard

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jerpinoy View Post
    I agree because individuals without helments often skip out of paying their emergency room hospital bills. But, thanks for getting the texting bill passed.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for promoting "Donors". I lost several friends due to "freedom of choice". Sorry I disagree with your premise . I once road naked. Good thing I had enough brains to stop or I would have been a Donor myself. You should be promoting helmet use even if not mandatory. How many riders were killed by distracted drivers that did not have a helmet on vs. riders having one on?
    Last edited by Magdave; 11-25-2013 at 08:00 PM.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment