Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster Laser Alignment coming to VA...maybe UPDATE

////////////UPDATE AS OF 11 DEC '13///////////

Harvey Clark (SPYDERPOPS) will be accompanying Lamont to do laser alignments for us. Since both Lamont and Harvey will be doing alignments, we have moved all alignments to Saturday, 4 Jan, starting no later than 8 AM. So far we have 18 folks committed (see list below) so we have room for a couple more. I'm sure they will not turn anyone away but I really would like to have an accurate tally so they know what to expect. Recommend you arrive at the alignment party location early, get your amazing laser alignment done, and hang around and swap Spyder tales with your fellow SpyderLovers and two Spyder World legends, Lamonster and SPYDERPOPS.

If this change causes problems for anyone, please PM me or send me an email at jlheiser@cox.net. We will do our best to accommodate everyone. Thanks,

John

UPDATE.....UPDATE
    Lamonster Laser Alignments-Virginia is a go.
    DATES: Friday, 3 Jan (starting about 1 PM); Saturday 4 Jan; Sunday 5 Jan (if required)
    LOCATION: Remington VA (address to be provided via PM to those committed to getting alignment)
    COST: $120.00 per Spyder (CASH ONLY please)

If you are seriously interested in getting your Spyder(s) laser aligned by Lamont, send me a PM. I'll need to know your name, preferred day, and time (AM or PM). I'll reply with the specific address in Remington where Lamont will be set up to laser align your ryde. We will need at least 10 folks committed to showing up to make this happen. Pls let me know if you have questions.

//////////////////////////////////

I contacted Lamont to see if he would be interested in coming to VA to do laser alignments. He needs to do at least 10 alignments to make it profitable for him to travel 300 miles or so. Charlottesville VA is about 300 miles from Greeneville TN. So, looking for at least 10 owners interested in getting an alignment done by none other than the Lamonster in Charlottesville VA. Also need someone in the Charlottesville area to "host" the alignment event. By host I mean provide a space for Lamont to do the alignments. Lamont offered to align the host's Spyder for free as an incentive to volunteer to be "host" for the event. I don't yet have a date set with Lamont for him to come to VA. Need to know if there is enough interest before arranging a firm date and if there is someone willing to step up and be host.

if you are interested in having Lamont laser align your Spyder pls either PM me or post on this thread. Also need to know if you are located in/around Charlottesville and are willing to host this event. Need a host and at least 10 folks to commit, then I'll arrange a firm date with Lamont.

i believe Lamont charges $120.00 to do the alignment. He may charge a little more since he is traveling from TN. Also understand he does not charge you if he discovers your bike is aligned after setting it up using the laser equipment. I've had my Spyder laser aligned but I still have a slight pull to the right. Lamont told me he can fix that, so I've added my name to the list:

1). John Heiser
    2). Ed Richards
    3). Chris Patient
    4). Doug Taylor
    5). Martin Hoffman
    6). Paul Germain
    7). Mark Harrington
    8). Julie Harrington
    9. Nathan Zaharek
    10). Frank Zaharek
    11). David Buckwalter
    12). Parrish Wolford
    13). Dave Kozik
    14). Sharon Heckstall
    15). Sedrick Grandberry
    16). Dana Grandberry
    17). Carla Thomas
    18). Shana Caldwell
    19). Gerald Knapp
    20). Fernandel Bardouille
    21). Chief Johnson
    22.) Dan McNally (depends on weather)
    23). Charlie Robinson (depends on weather)
    24). Kenny Wright

Last edited by SpyRyd; 12-28-2013 at 02:30 PM.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Spyder Garage

Default Laser alignment

John,
    Count me in. PM if you want my contact info.

Ed Richards
    2013 RT Limited Pearl White
    XM Radio, Sena SM10 Bluetooth adapter, Sena SMH10 Bluetooth headset, BajaRon's sway bar, Spyderpop's beltguard and bumpskid, Baker Built cup holder, Ultimate mid-rider seat, Tricled RT mirror turn signals.

Culpeper, VA-Virginia's most misspelled town!
    Spyder Garage

Default Laser alignment

John-
    Count me in so long as the dates will not be between Dec. 8 and Dec. 19, as I will be out of country.
    If you want, I can e-mail you a list of owners in Virginia. Would be great to have it done before heading to Springfield!
    Doug
    2012 RT Limited Lava Bronze- Spending my children's inheritance on my Spyder and farkles-so they don't have to learn how to. It's a dirty job--but someone's got to do it!

Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster Laser Alignment coming to VA...maybe

I don't need it but I'd be willing to ride up there to hang out with y'all. I'm only 230 miles away.

Spyder Garage

I am waiting for my 2014 RTS and hoping it won't need an alignment but hopefully will know soon.

I thought of an idea for this arrangement. Possibly you could get with Virginia Power Motorsports which is in Ruckersville, VA just above Charlottesville. Maybe arrange to do this at their facility and also have a couple of their technicians there to have Lamont show them how he does the alignments and hopefully when they see the results and time savings they will buy one of these devices.

Gary Phillips is the owner there and their phone number is (434) 990-0005.

Unfortunately I am not buying my new spyder from them as they wouldn't give me crap for trade in.....so don't mention my name but I know several of the guys on here have purchased their spyders from them.

** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Spyder Garage

John, count me in. I will be travelling between now and the end of February. Just let me know when and where.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bump
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Spyder Garage

It is well worth traveling a couple of hundred miles to get the alignment done and I couldn't recommend anyone more highly than Lamont to do it. I am lucky to live within 25 miles of Lamonster and have been to his place a few times. He aligned mine a few weeks ago and it really did make a big difference in my handling on my 2010 RTS.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Default dates for va. laser alignment

don't want to add my name to your list but please post or pm me with the dates if you set it up and I can let you know if I could make it ,would be a good reason to take a ride down from the philly area

Spyder Garage

I would be interested if after the first of the year and for both Spyders (RT & RS)

Glo Ryders {4 sets (Blue, Red, Orange, Pink) I swap out}
    Rear Trunk Liner ......... Seal Floorboards
    Rear Trunk Shelf
    Corbin Heated Seat
    extra 12V plug
    Elka shocks
    White/Red fender lights
    Bump/skid
    Baker Wind Wings
    Honey Burl Dash Kit

Spyder Garage

Post I would be willing to Host it at Smith Mountain LAKE

If you do not get any body in the Charlottesville area, I would be willing to host it at my Place. I am about 2 hours from Charlottesville and about 1 hour from Lynchburg. I am just off of Route 122. I have a two car garage and lots of room to park many Spyders. I could set up tables and chairs and do a cook-out if you would like to spend a day.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyRyd View Post
    I contacted Lamont to see if he would be interested in coming to VA to do laser alignments. He needs to do at least 10 alignments to make it profitable for him to travel 300 miles or so. Charlottesville VA is about 300 miles from Greeneville TN. So, looking for at least 10 owners interested in getting an alignment done by none other than the Lamonster in Charlottesville VA. Also need someone in the Charlottesville area to "host" the alignment event. By host I mean provide a space for Lamont to do the alignments. Lamont offered to align the host's Spyder for free as an incentive to volunteer to be "host" for the event. I don't yet have a date set with Lamont for him to come to VA. Need to know if there is enough interest before arranging a firm date and if there is someone willing to step up and be host.

if you are interested in having Lamont laser align your Spyder pls either PM me or post on this thread. Also need to know if you are located in/around Charlottesville and are willing to host this event. Need a host and at least 10 folks to commit, then I'll arrange a firm date with Lamont.

i believe Lamont charges $120.00 to do the alignment. He may charge a little more since he is traveling from TN. Also understand he does not charge you if he discovers your bike is aligned after setting it up using the laser equipment. I've had my Spyder laser aligned but I still have a slight pull to the right. Lamont told me he can fix that, so I've added my name to the list:

1). John Heiser (SPYRYD)
    2). Ed Richards (SPYDERED)
    3). Chris Patient
    4). Doug Taylor (PIEDMONTRIDER)
    5). Martin-Marilyn Hoffman
    6). Paul Germain
    7). Mark Harrington
    8). Julie Harrington
    9). Victor Rackley
    10).
    11). MTFAN

When all is said and done......well it must be time to ride~
    2 Stricklands, Steve & Barb
    2011 RT AC, SE5
    Trailer for Travel and/or Golf Clubs
    Power outlet up Front
    Floorboards
    Voltmeter replacing old gas gauge
    Oil Pressure gauge replacing old temp gauge
    Turn Signals on mirrors

]

Spyder Garage

John

I would like to get this done but I'm seriously considering getting a 2014 RTS and I don't want to put any more money into my current Spyder. I'm having the 14,000 miles service done with new rear brakes and rear tire.
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Twins!!

Already replied on FaceBook... Mark & Julie Harrington! Don't think my Spyder needs alignment, but willing to find out. I know my wife's Spyder needs it! Been thinking about heading up north to PA; however, if we can get it done here in VA that would be great! With four kids all with different school schedules, as much advanced notice would be good. Thanks!!

Mark D. Harrington
    Retired USAF (MSgt)

Bikes:
    2005 Honda Shadow 750
    2010 AutoMoto (150cc)
    2012 Can Am RT Limited - White (Wife's)
    2012 Can Am RT Limited - White (Mine)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2 Stricklands View Post
    If you do not get any body in the Charlottesville area, I would be willing to host it at my Place. I am about 2 hours from Charlottesville and about 1 hour from Lynchburg. I am just off of Route 122. I have a two car garage and lots of room to park many Spyders. I could set up tables and chairs and do a cook-out if you would like to spend a day.
    Thanks Steve and Barb. So, who is still in if we hold this at the Strickland's home in Hardy Va probably after the first of the year? Also asked this same question on SRA-Old Dominion Facebook page. Thanks...hope we can make this happen.

Spyder Garage

I want in but can't do it the weekend of Dec 14 or on Dec 21.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4
    2018 RT Limited Champagne Dark

Spyder Garage

Still like 4 hours away each way for me.

Spyder Garage

Default Laser alignment

John, I am still a go.
    2013 RT Limited Pearl White
    XM Radio, Sena SM10 Bluetooth adapter, Sena SMH10 Bluetooth headset, BajaRon's sway bar, Spyderpop's beltguard and bumpskid, Baker Built cup holder, Ultimate mid-rider seat, Tricled RT mirror turn signals.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Okay, got 13 Spyders lined up for a Lamonster Laser Alignment in the early Jan '14 timeframe (see post #1 for list). Now all we need to make this happen is a host in the Charlottesville VA area. If no one steps up to host this event, then I think it is best we postpone this endeavor until the Mar/Apr '14 timeframe and in another location, maybe Hardy VA.

Spyder Garage

If Lamont ever wanted to come to Pennsylvania I would gladly host it. I live a few minutes off the Pa turnpike.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyRyd View Post
    Okay, got 13 Spyders lined up for a Lamonster Laser Alignment in the early Jan '14 timeframe (see post #1 for list). Now all we need to make this happen is a host in the Charlottesville VA area. If no one steps up to host this event, then I think it is best we postpone this endeavor until the Mar/Apr '14 timeframe and in another location, maybe Hardy VA.
    Good group Bro Keep me posted and I will be sure to be there.

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

I responded to John on FB already but will also respond here. I'm an hour north of Charlottesville and am willing to host. I have the facility and space for it. It would even give me the incentive I need to hook up my under-floor heat I installed when I built this garage.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DR Buck View Post
    I responded to John on FB already but will also respond here. I'm an hour north of Charlottesville and am willing to host. I have the facility and space for it. It would even give me the incentive I need to hook up my under-floor heat I installed when I built this garage.

Looks like that's 400+ miles from me.

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Looks like that's 400+ miles from me.

Almost.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Spyder Garage

Still 4 hours away for me.

Spyder Garage

If you want to come up to Baltimore, I have huge heated warehouse we can use.
    Jonny
    2013 Spyder RT Limited
    • TricLED 3rd and 4th Brake Light
    • Spyderpops Bumpskid with TricLED LED kit
    • GloRyder Wheel Lights
    • Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    • Corbin Arm Rests
    • TricLED Turn Signals