Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Spyder Garage

Default stalling

Quote Originally Posted by Debedwards93 View Post
    Glad you are all having fun at my expense. I am sorry I bothered to get some advise and help here.
    To all that did thank you.
    I an still not happy with this rebuilt at this time. It is still cutting off. Did it again today at a stop light with alit of traffic. Didn't make this product look too good.
    I hope none of you have to go through any of this. Maybe the smart asses.
    Still trying to be optomistic...now I am even getting worse gas mileage too.
    Not sure if it has anything to do with the new engine
    But I really don't want to start anything else on this thread so wish you all the best and hope you don't have this problem.

I had a Idle-stalling issue at about the 800 mile mark on my 13 Rt but it went away with the next fill up.
    I'ts been no problem since 3000 miles, so I think my problem was a fuel (old or water ??) issue.
    2015 RTS Ltd Spyderpops bumpskid, Dual Isci Hand Brake ,Baker Wind Wings

2016 Polaris Slingshot SL

Spyder Garage

Glad you are all having fun at my expense. I am sorry I bothered to get some advise and help here.
    To all that did thank you.
    I an still not happy with this rebuilt at this time. It is still cutting off. Did it again today at a stop light with alit of traffic. Didn't make this product look too good.
    I hope none of you have to go through any of this. Maybe the smart asses.
    Still trying to be optomistic...now I am even getting worse gas mileage too.
    Not sure if it has anything to do with the new engine
    But I really don't want to start anything else on this thread so wish you all the best and hope you don't have this problem.
    Most of us had no problem with you the OP. You have a legitimate problem and question. I believe the problem comes in when issues from other never-ending threads come in and re-present themselves. That is specifically what I was complaining about. Did not mean to offend you. You have a legitimate beef IMO.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 11-24-2013 at 05:11 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I've been gone for about a month so I know it wasn't me.

Chris

Spyder Garage

I think she has gotten way too emotional on this at this point. They are machines not perpetual motion devices and eventually will break down, some sooner than others. If she wasn't checking her oil every 300mi she did contribute to it. It is part of the owners responsibility. I learned long ago (40yrs) to check after an oil change. Those who keep telling her she has a legitimate complaint are simply wrong and have added wood to the fire. BRP lived up to their responsibility and even posted on this thread about it. She has gotten exactly what she paid for and in a timely manner. We all know these bikes can be quirky. 2012,2013 doesn't matter all of them had some stalling issues with a new motor break in. Getting emotional like this about a machine is nonsensical. We all do sometimes but mostly it is anger over perceived inadequacies that may be real or not. Logic should prevail. If it doesn't start running as it should it will require another trip to the dealer until then coming here and making accusations against the people that have provided good and useful information is not a good way to get any in the future. At this point I agree with the " Wrap a chain around this thread" comment. I think it has run it's course.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I did read it and did question the dealer!!!! They said as long as I was brining it to them for service I didn't have to check it. They did not burn oil and will go 4000 miles before needing a change or anything. After this rebuilt issue my dealer told me to bring it in after 2000 miles to check it now!! I might bring it to them to check it...but as far as a service goes I will bring it somewhere else for as long as I have it!!

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Deb, when you read your Owner's Manual and it said to check your oil every 300 miles didn't it occur to you to question your dealer on why they would say to never check your oil?
    Last edited by Debedwards93; 11-24-2013 at 10:11 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thank you...I will not come back to this site though. Some people on here are just too rude. I was here for advise and help and got mostly crap. Then I came back on and read the last post, by Magdave.. That is why I won't be back here. I like the way the Spyder rides but their customer service stinks. I have not even heard from the BRP rep since it was returned. I am probably going to trade it in on a Tri-Glide.

Thank you!

Yes we can end this thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Most of us had no problem with you the OP. You have a legitimate problem and question. I believe the problem comes in when issues from other never-ending threads come in and re-present themselves. That is specifically what I was complaining about. Did not mean to offend you. You have a legitimate beef IMO.
    Last edited by Debedwards93; 11-24-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Spyder Garage

I did read it and did question the dealer!!!! They said as long as I was brining it to them for service I didn't have to check it. They did not burn oil and will go 4000 miles before needing a change or anything. After this rebuilt issue my dealer told me to bring it in after 2000 miles to check it now!! I might bring it to them to check it...but as far as a service goes I will bring it somewhere else for as long as I have it!!
    Your owners manual said different, every 300mi check the oil ( around page 120). If you had come here sooner and learned what is needed you would know that. There a lot of less than perfect dealers you could have read about that too. It is YOUR responsibility to read the owners manual from cover to cover it is important to do so and follow what is said in it. Sorry you feel the way you do but you are not helping your cause by returning with emotional outbursts and acting like we did something wrong by telling you the truth. I guess you did not read your own thread the BRP rep DID comment on it.
    Last edited by Magdave; 11-24-2013 at 10:19 PM.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thank you...I will not come back to this site though. Some people on here are just too rude. I was here for advise and help and got mostly crap. Then I came back on and read the last post, by Magdave.. That is why I won't be back here. I like the way the Spyder rides but their customer service stinks. I have not even heard from the BRP rep since it was returned. I am probably going to trade it in on a Tri-Glide.

Thank you!

Yes we can end this thread!!
    IMHO you came here NOT looking for knowledge or advice. You came here looking to rile up the troops because you feel like you were wronged when you didn't get a "new" motor. Even when knowledgeable people try to assure you that BRP did indeed do right, you still didn't listen. Now your going to act like a child and take your kickball and go home......goodbye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thank you...I will not come back to this site though. Some people on here are just too rude.
    Good-bye!

Enjoy your Tri-Glide! (Get the 2014; H.D. is addressing THEIR heat issues with the new model...)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Differences

Most women just want someone to listen. Most men hear them but can't just listen. They naturally want to fix whatever it is.

Deb, you're not the first here to be misunderstood and chances are you won't be the last.

Best of luck - whatever you do.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I tell my Missus; "Complain all you want to your girlfriends; bring the problem to me once you're ready for a solution."
    And she STILL doesn't get it!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Most women just want someone to listen. Most men hear them but can't just listen. They naturally want to fix whatever it is.

Deb, you're not the first here to be misunderstood and chances are you won't be the last.

Best of luck - whatever you do.
    It is not the complaint it is the refusal to hear the answer and attack those that have tried to help

Spyder Garage

In my previous job we replaced engines. On the older ford 4 cylinders we couldn't get new engines any longer so reman short blocks were offered to the customer. Note: this was on specialized equipment, not vehicles. The reman engines worked great and we never had any issues with them. These engines included heads, intake and exhaust manifolds, water pumps and on gas engines, new fuel pumps. On LP engines we had to reuse the intake manifolds because of the mixer valves and LP regulators (LP carbs).

Equipment that used the GM engines had new engines installed because remans weren't available.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Good-bye!

Enjoy your Tri-Glide! (Get the 2014; H.D. is addressing THEIR heat issues with the new model...)
    From what I heard, lots of water leaks on those new "wet heads". Tom

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I hadn't heard that yet....
    What else have you got on this issue??

Spyder Garage

Most folks are about as happy as they decide to be.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Ride a Tri, before you buy - I couldn't get past the 1946 E-brake - cracked me up. If I were going trike, I'd go for a BMW or Honda - smooth, quiet, all the bells & whistles you would ever want, and 100K+ reliability. If Hardley ever puts the VR motor in a trike, I might take another look. JMHO....
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just remember; those conversions won't be covered by a warranty!
    The Tri-Glides ride rougher, and their controls all take a lot more effort...
    But they do look great!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Just remember; those conversions won't be covered by a warranty!
    The Tri-Glides ride rougher, and their controls all take a lot more effort...
    But they do look great!
    Which is exactly why I hope this is the year BRP gets it all TOGETHER!!