Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default RS Parking Brake

Does anyone know if someone makes an electric parking brake kit for an 08 RS?

Spyder Garage

Default Not that I know of..!!

why..?? I made an extension and the sell them from suppliers on home page if your problem is it is hard to reach. Maybe some does know of someone that does..good luck..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default IF YOU NEED HELP

Quote Originally Posted by LadyRider View Post
    Does anyone know if someone makes an electric parking brake kit for an 08 RS?
    If we had some more info about what the situation is for you I'm sure someone here could come up with a solution......even it had to be custom made .........So we can only Help you if help yourself ? ? ?......Mike

Spyder Garage

None that I am aware of.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Help with brake!!!

My problem is that it is hard to get to and my foot will flip off sometimes and cause my leg to hit my peg which doesn't feel good at all. I will engage/disengage the brake while off the bike if at all possible but there's times when you can't do this, such as when parking on a hill. Just looking for help in what others may have done to help this problem. Thanks!!!

Spyder Garage

not that I know of, for replacement parts, but leave it in gear when you turn it off vice in neutral. the transmission will stop the bike while you get off and give you a chance to set the brake.
    RS - 55K+ miles, F3 - 200 miles and counting.

Spyder Garage

My problem is that it is hard to get to and my foot will flip off sometimes and cause my leg to hit my peg which doesn't feel good at all. I will engage/disengage the brake while off the bike if at all possible but there's times when you can't do this, such as when parking on a hill. Just looking for help in what others may have done to help this problem. Thanks!!!
    It will help to keep it properly adjusted. It should lock within 1-3 clicks. There are also some parking brake extension pedals on the aftermarket, if I am not mistaken. I don't remember who, maybe ISCI? The early 2008 pedals were longer, and easier to get to.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

I had that problem with my 09 which is the same design as yours. I have trouble with my left leg and lousy ankle control. I made an extension for the pedal pad so I could get my foot firmly planted on the pedal. That worked very well. I believe there vendors that make a pedal extension now, but I made my own with a piece of flat bar. Sorry I have no pics and I traded it off.

I found this pic on another forum and looks almost exactly what I did.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

We do still make parking brake extensions for the RS. You can check them out at www.isciride.com under the RS section.
    ISCI Billy

1-800-838-9421
    www.isciride.com

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Parking Brake

Hi,

I have the same problem and I just have pay attention if I'm on my bike. 2112 RS SE-5.

I had hit my skin 3 times and had it so messed up that I had to go to my Dr. I did find that If I take my foot off the brake, set the parking brake ASAP that it will catch the first time.

Spyder Garage

The foot activated parking brake was my only complaint about the 2008 and 2009 's. As Scotty said, adjustment so that it activates within two or three clicks is where it should be. I ended up not using it on my 2008 SM5--but it was necessary on the 2009 SE5. She was always over setting the brake and I got to be pretty good at making the adjustments.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I knew I had seen this before..This link is for an elevated handle for the RS parking brake that one of our enabled Spyderlovers came up with out of necessity and sheer ingenuity...http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...435#post719435