Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Ron, feel free to snap a frame from my video for a picture of the area. If you do not know how to do that I would be glad to do it from my original high def footage (not the youtube converted footage).

Ah hell.... give me a little time and I will do it and post the pictures.
    Maybe tomorrow AM.

Then feel free to use them to add to your instructions or whatever.... I am glad to help people.
    The most important thing is I think just about ANYONE can do this themselves. Really it is not major surgery or rocket science!

Stay tuned.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Ron, feel free to snap a frame from my video for a picture of the area. If you do not know how to do that I would be glad to do it from my original high def footage (not the youtube converted footage).

Ah hell.... give me a little time and I will do it and post the pictures.
    Maybe tomorrow AM.

Then feel free to use them to add to your instructions or whatever.... I am glad to help people.
    The most important thing is I think just about ANYONE can do this themselves. Really it is not major surgery or rocket science!

Stay tuned.

Bob
    I did try that but none of the shots looked good enough to post. If you can get a good, clear, identifiable shot that would be great.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Let me know when you are coming Finless

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I did try that but none of the shots looked good enough to post. If you can get a good, clear, identifiable shot that would be great.
    Here you go. Snapped from my video and full rez. Hope this helps people understand the gap from the heim link to the frame (Heim Link Mounting Bracket). I show both the left and right sides of the bike. You will see this exact view by laying on your back and looking straight up into the spyder front end.

The point is to center the sway bar so these gaps left and right are the same.

Enjoy,
    Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come

Spyder Garage

This is a little video I did on how to install the Baja Ron Sway Bar in a 2011 Spyder RT. 2010-12 is the same.

Sorry for the shaky video as the iPhone does not have optical jitter correction! It's the only camera I could use and get under the bike to film. But this video should explain all the steps to install the bar. Enjoy! I have to say, this was far easier than what I have read! Don't be afraid to do it. Just some simple tools is all that is needed.

Video is in 2 parts:

Enjoy,
    Bob
    Bob,
    Great Video.
    Since we started carrying the Sway Bars we have had lots of people ask about a video.
    It is a little intimidating for a lot of people and this will help a lot.
    Thanks,
    Rick
    Value-Accessories

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default easy Baja Ron sway bar install

have access to a loading dock and a trailer? Baja Ron sway bar & heim links install on a 2013 RT-Limited install - ideal conditions...!!

photo 3.JPG

and I know there are folks out there who are or were as unnerved as me by the "spyder dance" when they first took their spyder for a ride over 55 mph, got in a semi backwash and/or thru some twisties... and heaven forbid if you experienced this for the first time with a passenger!!!

Let me be crystal clear here
    , the Baja Ron sway bar Should Be STANDARD issue on every Spyder leaving the factory. Make no mistake, Ron's sway bar transforms this machine in an immediate and dramatic way... I no longer have visions of my untimely demise if I have to make a steering correction mid-corner anymore. The handling dynamics of this machine went from a 3-stage(lean, suspension loads, then oversteers) characteristic, to now, it just goes the way you point it - immediately and precisely-one motion..... This will be the best $$$ you will ever spend on an accessory for your Spyder - make no mistake - just do it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M&Ms_Spyder View Post
    have access to a loading dock and a trailer? Baja Ron sway bar & heim links install on a 2013 RT-Limited install - ideal conditions...!!

photo 3.JPG

and I know there are folks out there who are or were as unnerved as me by the "spyder dance" when they first took their spyder for a ride over 55 mph, got in a semi backwash and/or thru some twisties... and heaven forbid if you experienced this for the first time with a passenger!!!

Let me be crystal clear here
    , the Baja Ron sway bar Should Be STANDARD issue on every Spyder leaving the factory. Make no mistake, Ron's sway bar transforms this machine in an immediate and dramatic way... I no longer have visions of my untimely demise if I have to make a steering correction mid-corner anymore. The handling dynamics of this machine went from a 3-stage(lean, suspension loads, then oversteers) characteristic, to now, it just goes the way you point it - immediately and precisely-one motion..... This will be the best $$$ you will ever spend on an accessory for your Spyder - make no mistake - just do it.
    Pretty ingenious!

I've seen people pull their Spyder over the basement access stairway in their garage, lift the front wheels on the forks of a pallet lift, run up the ramps to a flat bed trailer, and even suspended with straps using a cherry picker. But this is the first loading ramp install I'm aware of.

Glad you like the bar!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Bobs video's are great. I learned how to build a RC helicopter from his video's

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nils888 View Post
    Bobs video's are great. I learned how to build a RC helicopter from his video's
    Thanks
    Glad to see someone into RC helis that is also into spyders!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Registered Users Top End Unlimited's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This is a little video I did on how to install the Baja Ron Sway Bar in a 2011 Spyder RT. 2010-12 is the same.

Sorry for the shaky video as the iPhone does not have optical jitter correction! It's the only camera I could use and get under the bike to film. But this video should explain all the steps to install the bar. Enjoy! I have to say, this was far easier than what I have read! Don't be afraid to do it. Just some simple tools is all that is needed.

Video is in 2 parts:

Enjoy,
    Bob

I think you did a great job on the video and talking your way through it. My wife even commented that with your video, she could do it. Thanks

Spyder Garage

This thread is indeed very valuable. The hemi links apparently weren't replaced in this video. Makes sense to me to replace plastic with metal. Is this a 50/50 deal as to the value of replacing the links at the same time or more like 25/75, its smart but you can live without, or 75/25 "you are an idiot if you don't?

Thanks

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pitzerwm View Post
    This thread is indeed very valuable. The hemi links apparently weren't replaced in this video. Makes sense to me to replace plastic with metal. Is this a 50/50 deal as to the value of replacing the links at the same time or more like 25/75, its smart but you can live without, or 75/25 "you are an idiot if you don't?

Thanks
    I have since added the metal links. They were not available from Ron yet when I did this video.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Hi bob,

Re: I have since added the metal links.

Was it an 'easy' job?

Just wanting a non-biased thought,

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    Hi bob,

Re: I have since added the metal links.

Was it an 'easy' job?

Just wanting a non-biased thought,

Jerry Baumchen
    Very easy install.
    Just drive up on some car ramps for easier access then replace the links.
    Have seen people replace them in parking lots also.

You need two wrenches, to loosen up, then tighten the upper and lower bolt on each Link.
    We have seen the stock links break and also cracked when removed. A good idea to change the links if adding the Bar.
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Spyder Garage

Just like Rick said. Super easy. Took me all of about 15 minutes.
    You will get the idea of how to replace them by watching part 2 of the Baja Ron sway bar install video. I show putting the stock links back on the new sway bar so this shows the aligning and bottom bolts. The top bolts you will see in my video. Those also have tpo be removed to put on the links.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Hi rick,

Re: Very easy install.

Thanks for the info. I just wanted some idea on the time-frame for reference.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) Thanks to you too Bob AKA finless.
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Enjoy,
    Bob
    Do you know if there is a video on installation for a 2014 RT Ltd.? Would it be any different?

Spyder Garage

Yes it is different. The bar is in a channel on the 2013 and up. Thus to get it out you have to jack the front end much higher then ramps will.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black