Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Cool Tell me your best Spyder story for a free t-shirt

I have a few t-shirts left over from the Valcourt ride and the sizes vary but if you tell me your best Spyder story I'll pick the best story or two or maybe even three at the end of the week and send you a shirt. It may or may not fit you but I'll do my best with the sizes I have.

This can be a ride story, a mod story or whatever story you think I would like. Put a Spyder smile on my face for a free shirt.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Well one day I rode into a parking lot to visit a store I go to a-lot. When I pulled in I had the normal onlookers come by and see what just rolled in. The guy comes up to me and this is the transcript. The guy was obviously a little bit buzzed or on something when he came up.

Stranger: Wow what is that thing?
    Me: It is a Can AM Spyder.
    ST:What does it cost?
    Me: Around 16,000.
    ST: Is that like a three wheeler or something?
    Me: It is like a three wheeler but with three wheels
    ST: So is it a trike then?
    Me: No its a spyder.
    ST: So a Spyder has three wheels?
    Me: No a spyder has 8 legs.
    ST: I dont see any legs.
    Me: They fold up into the wheels.
    ST: Are other makers going to come out with a Spyder?
    Me: I don't think so what would be against copyright laws.
    ST: You mean there is a law against making spiders?
    Me: Yes there is a law. Only Can Am can make them.

With that I couldn't take it anymore and had to go inside so I didn't laugh in his face.

Spyder Garage

Okay 2 part story here.

Part 1. The wife and I went to Ft. Myers to get her new rain gear 2 weeks ago. I told her one of the places we were going sold Spyders and it could be an expensive day. So when we ride up they've got 2 sitting outside, salesman walks out and the wife says "I'm looking for rain gear and he wants to buy a Spyder" 30 minutes later and we're working a deal. Got an awesome trade value on my 08 KLR650 so we finally get out of there with the new Spyder and hit a nice rainstorm on the way home.

Part 2 (this is the funny part) So here we are a week later and I'm taking the Spyder down for its first service so the wife rides along cause she's getting a high output horn for her V-strom. Now the one thing I can't get used to about the Spyder is how the key slides into a sleeve instead of having a ring go through it. So I'm constantly leaving home without it (remember this part) Well we get the service done and her horn installed and we're heading home when we see some big storm clouds so the wife asks me to stop so she can put on her rain gear (we have bike to bike communications) So while we're stopped on the side of the highway she asks me if I'm putting my rain pants on and I say "no it doesn't look like a bad storm cell, probably won't get wet" So of course we ride into a huge storm complete with wind and lightening, the whole time my wife is saying through the intercom that "she's glad we didn't put our rain pants on". For about 35 miles of our ride there is absolutely no where to stop and take cover so we keep riding. Finally pull into the driveway and when I hit the remote button the garage door stays down. Well the storm knocked the power out. So there I am in my rain gear running around the house looking for an unlocked window, which I can't find. So I finally scale my 6ft privacy fence, still have my helmet on, and use my Spyders tool kit to try and pry open my backdoor of the house. Doesn't happen and eventually the power comes back on and I can put the garage door up again. This all happened of course because I can't get used to the sleeve for the Spyders key. So I'm having a spare house key made to put in my toolkit.

Spyder Garage

Sleepman: I think you're trying too hard!!

Me? My Best Story (so far): I placed my order on July 3rd.

Oh! Oh! And, the Demo this past weekend was Great!
    - Greg

2013 RT-S Circuit Yellow Metallic

Previously owned...

2008 Spyder GS (Full Moon) 32,800 miles
    2011 Spyder RS-S (Magnesium/Black) 31,230 miles

RT-S PE#0085
    Spyder Garage

One guy asked me if I felt like James Bond..

Also I let my wife drive it--doesn't have her license--Later I got rewarded for that . At least that put a smile on my face Lamont if not yours.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sleepman View Post
    Okay 2 part story here.

Part 1. The wife and I went to Ft. Myers to get her new rain gear 2 weeks ago. I told her one of the places we were going sold Spyders and it could be an expensive day. So when we ride up they've got 2 sitting outside, salesman walks out and the wife says "I'm looking for rain gear and he wants to buy a Spyder" 30 minutes later and we're working a deal. Got an awesome trade value on my 08 KLR650 so we finally get out of there with the new Spyder and hit a nice rainstorm on the way home.

Part 2 (this is the funny part) So here we are a week later and I'm taking the Spyder down for its first service so the wife rides along cause she's getting a high output horn for her V-strom. Now the one thing I can't get used to about the Spyder is how the key slides into a sleeve instead of having a ring go through it. So I'm constantly leaving home without it (remember this part) Well we get the service done and her horn installed and we're heading home when we see some big storm clouds so the wife asks me to stop so she can put on her rain gear (we have bike to bike communications) So while we're stopped on the side of the highway she asks me if I'm putting my rain pants on and I say "no it doesn't look like a bad storm cell, probably won't get wet" So of course we ride into a huge storm complete with wind and lightening, the whole time my wife is saying through the intercom that "she's glad we didn't put our rain pants on". For about 35 miles of our ride there is absolutely no where to stop and take cover so we keep riding. Finally pull into the driveway and when I hit the remote button the garage door stays down. Well the storm knocked the power out. So there I am in my rain gear running around the house looking for an unlocked window, which I can't find. So I finally scale my 6ft privacy fence, still have my helmet on, and use my Spyders tool kit to try and pry open my backdoor of the house. Doesn't happen and eventually the power comes back on and I can put the garage door up again. This all happened of course because I can't get used to the sleeve for the Spyders key. So I'm having a spare house key made to put in my toolkit.
    Ummmmm, Sleepman - I think you win - you made me laugh - I'd vote for ya!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default You asked four hours too soon...

I posted both of these earlier today...

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...46&postcount=4

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...0&postcount=15

Do they count?

Regards,

Mark

Spyder Garage

My Wife (BlackWidow) saw the Spyders on demo ride around June 1st 2007.

I came home and she described them to me. So I did an internet search and found the BRP Spyder site. I showed her the pictures on the site asked if this was what she saw. She said "Yes!!! what do they call it?" I told her it was CanAM Spyder and she said in a very squeeky voice, doing the I gotta pee doggy dance " A Spyder!!!! I hafta have one of those, can we get one pleeease?"

I could only chuckle because I have never seen her this way about anything in our 10 years of marriage. I went down the next day and put a deposit down sight unseen.

I demo rode a few weeks later and thought it was great. So I no longer thought I may have wasted my money. My wife came down for the late afternoon demo ride.

While were there signing her up for her demo ride. Dennis Rodman shows up. Naturally all of the guys wanted to meet him and have pics taken with him using their cellphones etc.....

Well Rodman looks at the BRP rep and says I will pay double in cash for 2 of them if I can take them today. Before the BRP rep could say anything my darling wife jumps up and says " Hey buddy, you can wait in line like everyone else, I put my money down a couple of weeks ago and I will get mine before you. I don't know who you think you are!!!" I told her that's Dennis Rodman the basketball player. Then she spews "Dennis Rodman, so what, he's even uglier in person, just think he likes wearing wedding dresses."

Well I thought for a few moments I would have to stand up for my wife and get pounded by Rodman but he just turned and walk over to a chair and sat down, whew.....

Anyway, we took delivery on my birthday December 11, 2007.

Premeir Edition #59

SoCal

Spyder Garage

Default why buy.....

I was never an avid motorcycle rider (checkbook biker) bought a couple Harleys ... didn't do much for me ..... was always afraid to ride it to work that it might rain,,, always had a thing for trikes built a couple vw trikes for customers when i was a mechanic... sold harley with around 1300 miles on it in 2 years... and just assumed i would never ride again... i started dating a girl i went out with in 1980(ran into her at gym) we were talking one night and she told me about a horrific bike accident she was in back in 1991... a drunk leaving a bar hit her and a friend about 50 miles per hour... she died on the road luckily there was a nurse fishing on the bank of river,,, he got her going again... she suffered a broken neck...crushed pelvis... her right leg was twist completely around...and broken tail bone...told me i will never get back on bike again... till we saw the spyder in maxum magazine ... she had owned a couple of sea-dos and it reminded her of that.. that day happened to be her birthday...we went to g&g cycle in salisbury mass... i ordered it site unseen... not only does she enjoy riding on it she enjoys riding it too ... beat her fear ... and i ride it rain or shine ... over 4000 mile in 3 months.... maybe a bit corny story but it is true ...
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    Ummmmm, Sleepman - I think you win - you made me laugh - I'd vote for ya!
    You think that story was funny, ya should hear my one about my exhaust falling off my first Harley at a traffic light.

Spyder Garage

That's good guys, keep them comming.

Spyder Garage

I purchased my Spyder used in NH and rode it home to Ohio. I took my son along on the ride and we stopped in Niagra. It was the best bike ride I have ever taken and my son loves the bike. All along the way people stopped us and asked about the bike. This of course is the short story and I have posted the long one in another thread.

I of course would love a tee.

Spyder Garage

I put a Spyder smile on Lemont..........do I win a free t-shirt?

Spyder Garage

Guess you figured out how to post a picture after all.

Quote Originally Posted by scottmanesis View Post
    I put a Spyder smile on Lemont..........do I win a free t-shirt?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Guess you figured out how to post a picture after all.
    HAHA yeah, with my arm in a sling for 5 more weeks, I figure I have nothing better to do, did not have a good story........but you said Put a spyder smile on your face for a free t-shirt.....I took it as a personal challenge....hehe.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Tatt2r wins so far, HANDS DOWN!

In my humble opinion, this exemplifies the spirit of riding, no matter what you ride. Very cool story, thanks for sharing, even if you don't win the
    T-shirt!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Want shirt. Tell story.

... Put a Spyder smile on my face for a free shirt.

My son Eric agrees to ride on the back of the Spyder for our trip to visit a school he is considering attending. As I load up the Spyder, I have to convince the boy that a sweatshirt and sneakers are not sufficient to wear on a ride that will last at least six hours, have high speeds, and will likely be interrupted by thunderstorms.

He reluctantly agrees to wear my Spyder First Owners' Group jacket and my high boots.

We had no intercom system, so all our father-son bonding on this adventure occurred at the rest stops.

Rest stop #1. Eric says over pizza and Pepsi, "So, you have an extra Spyder baseball cap, right? Can I have that one...?"

Rest stop #2. Eric says while sipping Coke and munching Doritos, "These boots are comfortable. Can I wear them when I go back to school?"

Rest stop #3. Eric says while sending a text message to some friend back home, "This Spyder jacket fits me pretty well. You don't usually wear this to ride, do you...?"

Rest stop #4. I say over coffee, "So let me get this straight--You want my boots, my hat, and my JACKET?! Oh, and isn't that one of my helmets you're wearing? Hey, and those are MY old jeans!!"

Right before rest stop #5, I feel pressure in my upper back. I think, "Oh, no. Not another one!"

I nudge my passenger.

The back of my helmet gets a sharp rap.

I nudge again.

Two more raps on the helmet, then a third.

Rest stop#5: "Were you just sleeping?"

Oh, was I? Um, yeah, I guess..."

I pull out my phone and call my lovely bride.

She a l w a y s would fall asleep on the back of my motorcycles.

(Something about her riding horses for hours on end and being able to sleep in the saddle.)

"Guess what, Dear? Genetics have been proven again. He definitely is your son: the boy sleeps while we ride just like his momma!"

Eric now has a new Can-Am wardrobe, with which he is quite happy.

Oh yeah. After the thirteen-and-a-half hour round trip, he decided on a different school...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jeuchler View Post
    My son Eric agrees to ride on the back of the Spyder for our trip to visit a school he is considering attending. As I load up the Spyder, I have to convince the boy that a sweatshirt and sneakers are not sufficient to wear on a ride that will last at least six hours, have high speeds, and will likely be interrupted by thunderstorms.

He reluctantly agrees to wear my Spyder First Owners' Group jacket and my high boots.

We had no intercom system, so all our father-son bonding on this adventure occurred at the rest stops.

Rest stop #1. Eric says over pizza and Pepsi, "So, you have an extra Spyder baseball cap, right? Can I have that one...?"

Rest stop #2. Eric says while sipping Coke and munching Doritos, "These boots are comfortable. Can I wear them when I go back to school?"

Rest stop #3. Eric says while sending a text message to some friend back home, "This Spyder jacket fits me pretty well. You don't usually wear this to ride, do you...?"

Rest stop #4. I say over coffee, "So let me get this straight--You want my boots, my hat, and my JACKET?! Oh, and isn't that one of my helmets you're wearing? Hey, and those are MY old jeans!!"

Right before rest stop #5, I feel pressure in my upper back. I think, "Oh, no. Not another one!"

I nudge my passenger.

The back of my helmet gets a sharp rap.

I nudge again.

Two more raps on the helmet, then a third.

Rest stop#5: "Were you just sleeping?"

Oh, was I? Um, yeah, I guess..."

I pull out my phone and call my lovely bride.

She a l w a y s would fall asleep on the back of my motorcycles.

(Something about her riding horses for hours on end and being able to sleep in the saddle.)

"Guess what, Dear? Genetics have been proven again. He definitely is your son: the boy sleeps while we ride just like his momma!"

Eric now has a new Can-Am wardrobe, with which he is quite happy.

Oh yeah. After the thirteen-and-a-half hour round trip, he decided on a different school...
    Lamont, come on man, John is almost naked here. He has been groveling for a shirt for so long and now he really needs the clothes.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Lamont, come on man, John is almost naked here. He has been groveling for a shirt for so long and now he really needs the clothes.
    HA!

Thanks, Deb, but I don't know if your vote counts with Lamont and his raccoon panel of judges!

(Of course, Brian probably doesn't need HIS shirt anymore...)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

HA!

Thanks, Deb, but I don't know if your vote counts with Lamont and his raccoon panel of judges!

Hey Racoons,
    I have plenty of catfood. Stop by for a snack at BlackWidow and Spanky's house...

Spyder Garage

I know I posted this before, But it's my best story, and I sticking to it!

Accidental burnout while waiting at a red light.

Two Harley riders pulled up beside me at a stop light yesterday on my way home from work.
    They commented "Cool bike! looks like a jet ski!"
    I said "ummm yes".
    Then I let out the throttle a bit too quick and did a slight slideing burnout. Purely not intentional. Purely not showing off either; but it looked like it. ;D
    I made a deal with myself not to do burnout as it will wear out my tires prematurely.
    The Harley guys caught up with me again at the next light. :-[
    They did ask what kind of engine was inside and then smiled. Light turned green and we were all off.
    I still had the grin on my face... oops,, did I just burnout in front of them at that last light.... I guess I did.... kewl. Careful now... *** MUST KEEP WILL POWER UNDER CONTROL ***** MUST NOT BURNOUT WITHOUT SURE FIRE GRATIFICATION*****
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Smile spyder story

"Once upon atime in a galaxy far far away...!" No wait! Sorry,thats already been told. OK! Here's one... "He entered the bedroom,her daffinous nightgown flowed in the moonlight! He pulled her close to him,she smelled of fresh roses,she trembled,he gently lifted her and headed towards the bed...!" NO! Not that one either.HMMm...?Spyder stories?Nothing could be better than real life as the ones here.

Spyder Garage

HA!

Okay Bro, send me your son's size and address seeing you're not going to get to wear it.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Okay Bro, send me your son's size and address seeing you're not going to get to wear it.
    Awesome!

Thanks Lamont! Thanks, Deb! Thanks, Raccoons! Thanks, Can-Am!

(Uh...did I mention Eric is E X A C T L Y the same shirt size as I am?!)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'e been on two wheels for over 30 years and a patch holder for most of them . When I retired my patch I wanted something different and low and behold along cam a Spyder. I took a demo ride by myself on the open road and found myself smiling like I did the first time on a bike. That feel, a breath of fresh air and newness was something of a rebirth for this ole greybeard. I plunked down some moner and was told alt least 3-6 weeks for dilevery. It took only 10 days and I was back in the wind, I guess it was meant to be that I'm the proud owner of a Full Moon and loving every ride once again. Lamount as a long time rider you understand and no morfe need be said. Thanks for letting me soud off
    wopaho