Thread: $191.53

Spyder Garage

Default $191.53

took my 2012 rts in for service, had the engine oil and filter and transmission filter change ,
    had belt tension adjusted,and had the antifreeze level checked for winter.

the bill came to $191.53 .and they checked for any new updates. they have always treated me right from the day I brought my bike from them, they always go out of their way to help their
    customers .

They are (Lakeside Motor Sports) in Mecosta ,Mi.
    The salesman told me that their service dept. is what always brings customers back and brings new one in to buy their machine and he said I was now one of their can am family member and
    they would treat me right, their can am technician is very knowledgeable and go out of his way
    to help you,he know these bike inside and out..

me.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default price

that is a very good price
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Shoot, I'd pay that price for labor alone around these parts.
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A dealer with an excellent Service Department is worth his weight in Platinum!
    on having one!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Although that is a great price for Spyder service the pathetic thing is I can get the same service on my Toyota plus tire rotation for $39.
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DR Buck View Post
    Although that is a great price for Spyder service the pathetic thing is I can get the same service on my Toyota plus tire rotation for $39.

So true, it is crazy what they charge for these services.

Spyder Garage

Not a bad price at all, my dealer would charge a minimum of $300, thankful that I bought a ppm on mine.

Spyder Garage

Default Great..!!

wish that was Lakeside California..!! Most of our rydes start from there....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    A dealer with an excellent Service Department is worth his weight in Platinum!
    on having one!
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Should only drive your Japanese Toyota then. Leave the riding to rest of us !!

Spyder Garage

Compared to what most of us have to pay to have our 's serviced--you got a good deal. Also helps when the servicing gets it right and knows what they are doing. These days, any dealer with a good service rep is a good draw IMO.

Yes, it costs less to have the same thing done on a car--but we drive 's for different reasons.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Sure, but a lot of that goes into parts as well.

Don't forget, if you get all BRP suplly, the filters and fluids are around $80.

I agree. The price to have your Spyder serviced seems on a par or better with other Spyder service, but Spyder Service is more expensive than a car.

Geez, try getting work done on your boat !
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default unfortunitly

I guess the difference here is they have to take half the bike body parts off to do most work , and that is a pain.
    The Toyota not so much.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yelhelp View Post
    I guess the difference here is they have to take half the bike body parts off to do most work , and that is a pain.
    The Toyota not so much.
    . . . if your dealer had to pull the left front quarterpanel off your Toyota for an oil change, the oil change would cost a tad more!

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2012rts

My dealer down here in Ocala FL. said it would be 950.00 to 1000.00 for my 15000 mile service.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kenk View Post
    My dealer down here in Ocala FL. said it would be 950.00 to 1000.00 for my 15000 mile service.
    If you have the valve check done it can be that range ( a little on the high side actually) but quite a bit of the honest dealers say the valve check is not needed it they need adjusted you can tell without tearing it down.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kenk View Post

They are quoting you for the valve check--about $600-$800 extra depending on your dealer. I have had two of them done--on two different machnes. 2008 @ 12,000 (recommended at that time), 2010 @ 28,000 miles. Neither required any adjustment at that amount of miles.

I feel I am out $1600 for preventative maintaince that was not required. The new 2014 RT--requires no valve checks.

It is your call as to whether or not you wish to go along with it. I also know that there are some dealers out there that may charge for the service and not do it--because they know they can get away with it. I do not know if your dealer is one of those.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have a boat, as well as my Spyder, and the same thing. In Ohio, you have to pay the mechanics year round even though the season is about 8 months (if your lucky) for a motorcycle and less then that for a ski boat.

What sucks is all the people who COULD take their boat/motorcycle in for service during off-peak periods, but wait to get service till the dealer is busy. So on top of the high prices - you have LONG waiting periods.

You get used to it - but it still sucks !!

Spyder Garage

My dealer, R/T Sales in Zulu, IN is also fair, honest & very, very reliable. Todd the service tech is beyond competent & is always proactive in his work. They are also a sponsor (Spyder City) so I trust them with all my work & highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for an excellent dealer. Keep up the good work R/T.