Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
I guess it's time for me to jump in here. I too have a 2013 ST that runs hot, not motor hot but components hot. My right foot got so hot I couldn't keep it on the floor boards. Really surprised there has not been more complaints about that on the board. I've had to do a lot of work to mine to get it where I wanted to ride it. I've owned every make, model and year Spyder to date and the 2013 ST is the hottest of them all followed by my 2008. I really do feel bad for the folks that are having heat issues, I know if I couldn't work on my own bike I would be one of those people.

I will say that BRP does care and just because a fix has not happened soon enough for most of you that are having issues they are working on it. They are just as unhappy as you all, more so I would think seeing this has to have hurt the bottomline. At one time all we talked about here was the DPS and then it was the throttle bodies and now it's the heat. The DPS and the throttle body were real problems but are a thing of the past now. I'm sure we loss owners and members over those issues and we will most likely see some leave the product and the board over the heat issues. I hate that too but it is what it is and all I can do is to try and put it into perspective and hope for a good outcome. I'm confident there will be a resolve to these issues.
Lamont...I appreciate that you posted this information...and I believe BRP wants to fix the problems plaguing some 2013's...but just doesn't know how.....I'm waiting and working with BRP...but I don't complain about the hot right foot, because I can move the foot...the only time I can't move it is stop and go traffic and you just suffer....if someone complains...then they don't wear the right shoes...etc...easier not to complain.....try to only complain about melting/ deteriorating parts and engine problems

" I've had to do a lot of work to mine to get it where I wanted to ride it. " What have you done to help create a better ride?