Thread: Christmas Ride

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Default Christmas Ride

30º outside today. I put on my Baja Ron First Gear riding suit, my gloves, boots and rolled the out of the garage for the first time in over two months. The sun was shining and I wasn't going to miss a chance to ride. Since we had a house full of family and I had lots to do, it was a short ride. 22 miles in about 40 minutes, but it was a ride none the less.
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'll bet that it felt GREAT to just clear your head a bit, with some "Wind Therapy"...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

A short ride is better than no ride at all!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Great! I think I do that too while the ground is dry.
    It's 4 degrees Celsius but as the saying goes; a short ride is better than none at all!

See you all in a bit!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DR Buck View Post
    30º outside today. I put on my Baja Ron First Gear riding suit, my gloves, boots and rolled the out of the garage for the first time in over two months. The sun was shining and I wasn't going to miss a chance to ride. Since we had a house full of family and I had lots to do, it was a short ride. 22 miles in about 40 minutes, but it was a ride none the less.
    Good on 'ya, Dave. We're gonna have "warmer" temps for our laser alignment party on 4 Jan...hope, hope, hope!
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Spyder Garage

Yesterday it was 37 F I took my 15 year old Grandaughter home to her home in Clinton. About 7 miles away. It was great, my Grandaughter loved the heater hand holds, we had a great time. I have a goal to ride at least 1 day each month of the year.

Spyder Garage

Glad you were able to get out a ryde a bit. Any ryde is a good ryde.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Christmas eve for me

I got out for what was suppose to be a short ride on x-mas eve. I just got the snowmobiles out that had been in front of the Spyder & told my wife I would be back in a few minutes. It was only 34f & I only had under armour & jeans on the bottom. Well an hour or so and 32 miles later I came back up the driveway. What a nice ride and I was on a bunch of roads near my house that I never been on.
    Last edited by 900Dave; 12-26-2013 at 06:57 PM.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

We were able to do the Christmas ride also. The kids and granddaughter left at around 11:00. I asked Paulette if she was up for a ride (stupid question).
    42 degrees F and we rode for a little over an hour, not too bad, 42 miles.
    2012 RT LTD Lava Bronze, Ultimate seat, backrests and fuel door. Two Brothers Titanamium. Laser Alignment, Seals Floorboards. BajaRon Sway Bar and links, Spyderpops blockoff, Grilles, Missing Belt Guard, Bumpskid, Gold Wing Windshield Vent, Kewlmetal Helmet Locks, Rumbling Pride Flag Holders, Cup holders, Signal LED's on mirrors, Baker Built belt stabilizer, gremlin bell, Bad Boy air horn, TricLed 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th taillights and fender LED strips. RT-622 trailer, ........More to come.